GSP test cut to 55?

Dm-8jTaUcAAsQvL.jpg

Posted today. Both sucking in their guts?

You would think with a severe colon injury, it's not the best idea to cut more than Tibau weight. LMAO!

Who knows. Maybe the doctors misdiagnosed it for a severe vagina injury. They're pretty close together.

Don't worry. The fight won't happen. Khabib is going to derail that chance.

It wasn't healthy to not cut weight and fight at MW. Much healthier to cut down 2 weight classes.

GSP spent his entire career fine tuning his weight for a single weight class. Not like say, Anderson Silva who fought the first half of his early career at 170 and eventually moved permanently to 185.

The guy is a mechanic at being in peak condition for WW. Packing on mass hurt him. I'd prefer he starch Woodley and force Mcgregor or Khabib to come up to 170. However clearly both of them would be terrified of fighting GSP at his ideal weight class. They are hoping he is drained as fuck by the cut (which is quite possible).

Lol. So Conor is the poor little fw victim? Conor has fought at 170 and used to cut to 145. It is ok for Conor to cut massive weight but the moment someone else would do it to fight him, it's not fair? What does Ferguson walk around at? I bet it's similar to what GSP does. How about Khabib?

You would suggest that GSP is scared of Woodley in order to hide your fear that GSP could make 155 and face Conor. That's cute.
Conor fought at WW like Hendo fought at HW - he never even made the 70 mark. He is an average sized modern featherweight, the place where Max 190lb Holloway is champ. A natty 165 is really not that large for FW, even tho he fluffed his weight up and told people he was 174 in cage vs Aldo. I think the issue with GSP is that he cherry picked from retirement the weakest MW champ arguably in history, then he claims 'colitis', bypasses all the modern contenders at his natural weight classes and says he only wants Nate Diaz or McGregor. I get he wants money fights, but we should just call it both ways and realize that is the point of fighting professionally. Id be willing to wager that if Floyd Mayweather wanted a 130 lb weight fight vs Conor in the UFC, he'd do it.

I know GSP is one of the GOATs, but the idea of him going down to 155lb any time soon and creating another log jam clusterfuck for the belt is a bit perturbing.

Anybody else see this?

Apparently, GSP was seen in a Sauna and some people, The Cheal included think he was doing a trial run to 55, to see if he could make weight before he calls out the winner of McGregor/Kahib, if he can make it that is?

I think he should have no problem with the weight he lost from "Colitis", as he looks smaller than ever now, but this IS INTERESTING, if he infact was doing a test cut and not just , you know ENJOYING a Sauna..

I don't hate Chael the way some do but he has clearly been engaging in clickbait ever since he started doing his little show. And why wouldn't he? It works! Lets be serious, at best he is sharing unfounded gossip...at his worst he just makes things up for attention. Oh don't get me wrong, surely there are peanuts of truth speckled throughout his mouth poops...every proficient huckster does that.

Conor fought at WW like Hendo fought at HW - he never even made the 70 mark. He is an average sized modern featherweight, the place where Max 190lb Holloway is champ. A natty 165 is really not that large for FW, even tho he fluffed his weight up and told people he was 174 in cage vs Aldo. I think the issue with GSP is that he cherry picked from retirement the weakest MW champ arguably in history, then he claims 'colitis', bypasses all the modern contenders at his natural weight classes and says he only wants Nate Diaz or McGregor. I get he wants money fights, but we should just call it both ways and realize that is the point of fighting professionally. Id be willing to wager that if Floyd Mayweather wanted a 130 lb weight fight vs Conor in the UFC, he'd do it.

Let's be honest. The complaints have nothing to do with weight in reality. People move to different classes all the time.

I called him on this because I believe it has nothing to do with him wanting GSP to take some moral high ground for the integrity of the sport or some bullshit. He wants GSP nowhere near Conor.

This is all about perspective. You say Conor was a ww like Hendo was a hw? Fair enough. Conor was a ww like Hendo was a hw like GSP was a mw, is that also fair to say?

People say he cherry picked Bisping and I would add that many feel that Alvares was the Bisping of the lw division, depends on who you ask, right?

There are many people of different walk around weights that all compete against each other and the truth is that GSP is not a big ww and there are lw who are bigger than him. He very likely could make 155 and will if he decides to.

The whole "claims" thing you said with the colitis is implying that you think he is a liar which is pure speculation on your part and is not worth noting in any other way than it is a cheap tactic with no value respectfully.

You don't like GSP, I get it and thats fine. If he makes weight and gets the fight then he is entitled to it. The guy has already cemented his legacy so whatever he does from here is just a bonus for you to enjoy or to be mad about. Your choice.

wtf. I was in the Sauna last night. I wonder if I'm test cutting.

Anybody else see this?

Apparently, GSP was seen in a Sauna and some people, The Cheal included think he was doing a trial run to 55, to see if he could make weight before he calls out the winner of McGregor/Kahib, if he can make it that is?

I think he should have no problem with the weight he lost from "Colitis", as he looks smaller than ever now, but this IS INTERESTING, if he infact was doing a test cut and not just , you know ENJOYING a Sauna..

I don't trust Chael..never have never will

Let's be honest. The complaints have nothing to do with weight in reality. People move to different classes all the time.

I called him on this because I believe it has nothing to do with him wanting GSP to take some moral high ground for the integrity of the sport or some bullshit. He wants GSP nowhere near Conor.

This is all about perspective. You say Conor was a ww like Hendo was a hw? Fair enough. Conor was a ww like Hendo was a hw like GSP was a mw, is that also fair to say?

People say he cherry picked Bisping and I would add that many feel that Alvares was the Bisping of the lw division, depends on who you ask, right?

There are many people of different walk around weights that all compete against each other and the truth is that GSP is not a big ww and there are lw who are bigger than him. He very likely could make 155 and will if he decides to.

The whole "claims" thing you said with the colitis is implying that you think he is a liar which is pure speculation on your part and is not worth noting in any other way than it is a cheap tactic with no value respectfully.

You don't like GSP, I get it and thats fine. If he makes weight and gets the fight then he is entitled to it. The guy has already cemented his legacy so whatever he does from here is just a bonus for you to enjoy or to be mad about. Your choice.

I hate when people bring up Conor’s fight with Nate @ WW, like he fought a real WW in that class.

They were both LW’s that just happened to agree to fight at WW instead for the timing and easier cut.

I don't trust Chael..never have never will

I don’t either, but he’s discussing a pick that GSP posted on his own Instagram, it’s not like he hacked into GSP’s insta and loaded a photoshopped pic.

He knows about weight cutting and it was an interesting perspective on why he might have done it(both the sauna, and posting the pic).

This thread isn’t about if Cheal is a snake, but if anyone else thinks gsp might be trying practice runs at 55, so he knows how he feels, if he can get down there and or how much more muscle should he let fall off first.

I hate when people bring up Conor’s fight with Nate @ WW, like he fought a real WW in that class.

They were both LW’s that just happened to agree to fight at WW instead for the timing and easier cut.

I don’t either, but he’s discussing a pick that GSP posted on his own Instagram, it’s not like he hacked into GSP’s insta and loaded a photoshopped pic.

He knows about weight cutting and it was an interesting perspective on why he might have done it(both the sauna, and posting the pic).

This thread isn’t about if Cheal is a snake, but if anyone else thinks gsp might be trying practice runs at 55, so he knows how he feels, if he can get down there and or how much more muscle should he let fall off first.

Ok. GSP and Hendo were not in their regular classes either. Frankie Edgar fought with great success in a class higher than many his size would have competed in. Conor fought in a class lower than a lot of people thought was healthy for him and he was huge, he managed to pulled it off. What is the issue here?

Conor and Nate did fight at ww and nobody is saying that they are regularly ww's, although after the fight Nate was apparently tree times bigger. Really this weight debate gets argued one way or the other depending on who is protecting or shitting on who. The eternally moving goal posts.

Everyone complains that GSP should have stayed at mw and don't choose to acknowledge the fact that Bisping was way bigger than GSP. Then when GSP is talking 155, everyone gets all shitty that he is way too big for lw. The guy was not a huge ww.

I am around 5'10 185 and muscular. I work out with a guy who is around 6'2 and 220, Rockholds size. I can tell you that I am a hell of a lot closer in size to conor than Rockhold. GSP is around my size. So what do we do? Do we accept the fact that if guys make weight then thats good enough? Do we dwell on what they weigh when they are not cutting? Whats the solution here?

I am seriously curious here, not being facetious.

a few issues, when gsp first started out in his early years in mma, that is the time he should've been at 155 because he would've been smaller and still growing, back in the days when he fought heiron, or miller.

gsp is way older now, and i'm sure it would be much more difficult to even try and make 155 without sacrificing something. Ideally 170 is his natural weight, the problem is he has nothing to prove and doesn't need to fight woodley. Two fighters from different champion era's....instead of calling out goat's or superfights, i think tyron should just worry about defending against current, active ww's in his division and not worry about gsp.

dana already said not happening with gsp going to lw, because he doesn't want him winning the belt if he doesn't plan on staying for awhile and defending.

the problem is, if your not coming back to the ufc for a longer term with the intentions of winning and defending muliple times, and instead your intentions are just to take big money fights, or gifted title fights, then i think gsp should just retire for good.

In many ways dana is right, if your only looking to take title fights to solidify your legacy the ufc doesn't have to go out of there way to give you that special treatment....so if gsp isn't planning on winning a belt and staying for awhile defending, then there's no point coming back at all.

I know dana has went back on his word plenty of times before and he could give gsp his way with certain stipulations involved, but last i heard dana said no to lw and that if gsp comes back its either ww or mw, and needs to stick around....as a fan i've seen his decline, and its not his skill or technical approach or his fight IQ. Its the physical aspect in his decline, less explosive, slower, less movement, slower reflexes....all the stuff you can't really get back once it starts going, just like your hearing.

so for me, i see gsp making the same decisions like chuck has done and others, that urge to keep fighting and thinking you can still be on top and then you start losing badly and realize no you can't. i just don't want gsp to to tarnish his legacy or record by continuing to fight and start getting brutally ko'd or finished, he has a chance to walk away on a high note, would be finally nice to see someone do that instead of fighting more and losing.

GSP wants to be the first to have held a UFC belt in 3 weight classes, also a fight with Woodley will make him the only big name in that fight and a less of a pay day. I think he's keeping his mouth shut until he sees who wins with Khabib and Conor.

Back