GSP Returns to a UFC that's just like the one he hated

TheHNICuLuv2Hate

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“When I left it was not because of damage [to my body], it was more anxiety, nervousness, I couldn’t sleep well. I kept thinking, it was claustrophobic, just too much pressure,” St-Pierre told the Post on Tuesday.

“When you’re champion, you feel you’re the center of the world. Even though you’re not, it’s an illusion, because of the pressure, and it’s a pressure that is different than other sport because it’s a surviving pressure, your life is threatened in the real, real deepest way … You can die.”

“When I was fighting at welterweight, every time I finish a fight it was a guy, and another guy. The division was the most stuck,” St. Pierre said. “It was crazy, I had killers one after the other boom, boom, boom, and I couldn’t breathe.”

“It’s a different set of rules now, I was fighting against a whole system back in the day,” St-Pierre said. “I was very outspoken about the drug problem that we had, people made fun of me, ‘ahhh, he’s a paranoid guy, he says that as a way to go and retire.’ But look what happened now … a lot of the UFC champions have fall to the performance enhancing drugs, getting caught.”

“If I ever lose, I’m retired, it’s finished for me. I’m one fight away from retirement,” St-Pierre said. “I don’t plan on losing but if I do, it’s finished.”

Literally making his fight with Bisping a “win or go home” scenario, GSP further intensifies his situation by limiting his best-case scenarios.

Having hired a nutritionist to help him gain 10 to 15 pounds of muscle — an ironic move since most fighters need nutritionists to shed pounds — GSP says he’s not going back down to welterweight.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/12/georges-st-pierre-returns-to-a-ufc-thats-just-like-the-one-he-hated/

Sure GSP...that's why you had a HGH gut in your last fight

rHD4Tyw.jpg

bodybuilder-big-belly.jpg

Woodley X and the Black Panther Nation not happy with this news.

Am I the only one who read the quotes with GSP voice ?

GSP is my fave but I am disappointing he couldn't handle the pressure from being champion. That is what the GOAT is all about, being able to handle situations other fighters crumble in. I thought he was the GOAT, but now I don't know.

GSP is still the GOAT and I'm glad to see him back in this sport.
Sad to see it's against Bisping, but it's better than no GSP I guess.

If you think that shit makes him anxious ask him what he thinks about aliens

Back