GSP ,,retiring for good?

Of course he should retire. Nobody should be taking blows to the head.
He is one of the few to make a living at it.
But he is free to do as he pleases.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm IT IS A FACTOR................... take away MegaBucks AND HE WILL NOT FIGHT.. The fact he does not NEED the $$$ does NOT mean $$$$$$ is not a factor. Does he like to fight..? sure.. he must love to fight to be honest. AND $$$$$ is where the rubber hits the road AND imo THE DECIDING FACTOR.. after his desire to fight. (The desire to fight is a given in ANY fighter,IMO)
This is the truth.

Anyone who paid attention in the last year or so should know that too, seeing as money was the major holdout in getting his contract done.

Prizefighters fight for money. All of them. Of course they are probably drawn towards martial arts and fighting but for some reason people forget that fighting is their job, how they pay their bills, pay for their home, car, family, etc.

It's always about the money.

Clearly lost a step? Jesus fuck.

Why don't we watch a few fights before we determine something like that. Im more inclined to believe a variety of factors caused a slower/tired version of GSP. Weight gain, ring rust, adrenaline, fighting for the belt agaisnt a relentless cardio freak... definitely not because he lost a step.

He finished the MW champ. I think hes gained a step..

In gsp's case.....Slow is Smooth,Smooth is Fast. And he was Fast Enough.

He’s just doing the The Rock thing where Dwayne Johnson would redip into the WWE fan base then go back to Hollywood. Eventually he no longer needed to dip.

GSP admittedly past and present dislikes the anxiety of fighting, combined with his already legacy and being, Can I say millionaire(?), he won’t be getting out of bed for Robert W. in Australia (he owns Canada after Wayne Gretzky and holds the main MW belt why should he travel to the interim?)

Agree TS, I was impressed with his comeback performance but would like to see him retire. He has clearly lost a step and does not need to take anymore damage. Hopefully he was wise with his $ and can retire.

Before the Bisping fight his estimated net worth was 14 million. Not sure how much he made for Bisping.

Back