GSP practicing knife fighting

GSP is officially bored and good at fighting with knives as well. He killed his opponent like 3 times lol

BJ vs GSP in a knife fight?

Book it Dana.

j08n5c.gif

Grease isn't going to save you this time boy.

Its becoming a thing where real tournaments held.............. but don't worry it's all legit......with texter or colored covered felt knives.

What I practice with my son is "TAGGING".......... without a knife!

TAGGING – BODY MOVEMENT

A fun way to improve "Speed and Reaction Timing" is to play "TAG", believe it or not but you do need a partner of course.

This is what I do with my son, we go in a circular motion changing direction with footwork using boxing and martial arts foot work.

The attempt is to touch my hands or arms or my chest, but its also incorporates, body movement shoulder roles, bobbing, weaving and moving body back and forward dodging his attempts as I shuffle forward or to the side changing directions. The aim is to move in a circular motion this is very important keeping it fairly tight but allowing it to open up when needed.

This will focus on:-
  • Situational-awareness
  • Accuracy
  • Spatial Perception
  • Speed
  • Reaction-timing
  • Footwork
  • Body Movement
  • Hand-eye coordination
  • Tactics
  • Reading the body language and what direction or movement is favored
  • Visual Cuing
  • Angles of Attack
  • Defensive and Offensive Body Control Positions
  • Hit count performance
Similar to these videos..............

Remember its NOT Boxing its "TAGGING"so keep your footwork light on your toes and move around and don't hit or punch. Only "Touch" that's important to remember as it keeps your arms and extension in a relaxed muscle state not tense.

I'm trying to teach my son great foot work to avoid getting hit and find angles on striking, its a great workout to.

Try TAGGING its a whole lot of fun!

Its becoming a thing where real tournaments held.............. but don't worry it's all legit......with texter or colored covered felt knives.

What I practice with my son is "TAGGING".......... without a knife!

TAGGING – BODY MOVEMENT

A fun way to improve "Speed and Reaction Timing" is to play "TAG", believe it or not but you do need a partner of course.

This is what I do with my son, we go in a circular motion changing direction with footwork using boxing and martial arts foot work.

The attempt is to touch my hands or arms or my chest, but its also incorporates, body movement shoulder roles, bobbing, weaving and moving body back and forward dodging his attempts as I shuffle forward or to the side changing directions. The aim is to move in a circular motion this is very important keeping it fairly tight but allowing it to open up when needed.

This will focus on:-
  • Situational-awareness
  • Accuracy
  • Spatial Perception
  • Speed
  • Reaction-timing
  • Footwork
  • Body Movement
  • Hand-eye coordination
  • Tactics
  • Reading the body language and what direction or movement is favored
  • Visual Cuing
  • Angles of Attack
  • Defensive and Offensive Body Control Positions
  • Hit count performance
Similar to these videos..............

Remember its NOT Boxing its "TAGGING"so keep your footwork light on your toes and move around and don't hit or punch. Only "Touch" that's important to remember as it keeps your arms and extension in a relaxed muscle state not tense.

I'm trying to teach my son great foot work to avoid getting hit and find angles on striking, its a great workout to.

Try TAGGING its a whole lot of fun!

Touch-chest > touch-butt?
Okay.

Back