GSP planning 185 170 155 route?

Stine 304

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
With the talk of GSP coming back to cement his legacy of the goat, is he looking at taking the route of being the 185, 170, and then 155 champ? He's a strategist and has had previous concerns about performance after changes in weight (i.e. when there was talk about fighting Andy). I'm guessing that with all of this chatter that he'll try to snatch up each belt in that order and then abandon each immediately if he's able to win them.

If he beats Bisping, he is not GOAT. He's not even the best MW. He missed his shot at goat by ducking AS for all those years.

It would be an awesome end the gsp story. I give him props for even considering defending the mw title.

Yeah I can see that. Bisping then Woodley then McGregor.

Rooting for Bisping to knock this guy out though

depends whether he bulks up for the Bisping fight, or simply goes in without cutting.

He has long said that if he moved up, it would be a permanent move- citing Roy Jone's move up to HW and inability to perform with the same reflexes and speed after cutting back down.

GSP has always been very smart in managing his health, and his career. So, if he is bulking up for MW, he surely isn't ever making 155... might still be able to make 170 though.

But honestly, he's already cleared out that division in his prime, beating the greats twice even. Sure, new stars have emerged, but emerging stars they are. Lawler drew what, 7000 seats and 200k buys? cant imagine fans are lining up to watch Woodley after booing him out the building last time around either.

Woodley is going to have to rebound big in his next fight to earn a spot against GSP- the top PPV grosser in MMA history.

Back