GSP on Rogan: Nailed it talking on Intermittent fasting

Discussion in 'Dieting / Supplement Discussion' started by Frederick Burns, Jun 5, 2018.

1. KoChang

KoChang Green Belt

Social life plays a part but doesn’t have to ruin your IF. During my work week I am very strict but if my weekend includes plans with friends then I will loosen things up a bit. I used to be an “all or nothing “ type of person but have worked hard to rid myself of that mindset because it sets you up for failure. There is always wiggle room. IF doesn’t mean you abandon your social life and stop enjoying food and drink. Being strict most of the time makes the times you treat yourself even more enjoyable-at least for me.

Chungungo likes this.
  2. TrueBias

TrueBias Yellow Card Yellow Card

Yes. In fact little social life makes a shit ton of things easier.

But isnt that what life is about?

Honestly, if i get the best physique out of this fasting, what will it net for me? And what it does net, will THAT kill that physique and the discipline?

3. Chungungo

Chungungo Getting some snow

Sorry don´t get the meaning of net but sorry if I offended you, I was just getting into IF.

4. CamMan14

CamMan14 White Belt

I find that intermittent fasting is very good for keeping the daily calories that you consume per day lower for obvious reasons. But I find that it's very difficult to fit into an athletes lifestyle. Georges is a very high level athlete so he can kind of dictate when his sessions take place and fit them around his diet. So for example, he can go and train from 12oclock-3oclock and then have his eating window from 3oclock-9 o'clock, it fits in pretty easily. However, if Im a 20 year old MMA fighter with 3 fights and I go to college, I can't manage my trainers and sparring partners like Georges can.

5. repsakv

repsakv White Belt

So true. That makes me wonder: are there other fighters who practice IF? Haven't heard of any so far

6. TrueBias

TrueBias Yellow Card Yellow Card

Net = achieve, obtain

7. Chungungo

Chungungo Getting some snow

Ahhhh I see. Well, I am happy without much social life, I don´t come from a traditional setting xD

8. VanteMMA

VanteMMA Orange Belt

Tom Deblass

9. therealdope

therealdope Steel Belt

Unless I'm heading out for an early morning ride I don't eat until noon, except for my veggie juice (kale, beets, and green apple). Try to eat by 8 to keep it within an 8 or 9hr window - unless I'm traveling fro work.

Agree that IF isn't magic fairy pixie dust, just a pattern of eating.

Here's a quirky thing though. I'm pretty active and do some sort of work out 6 days a week. I got a piriformis injury 14 weeks ago and it totally fucked me up. Not only is it a painful and frustrating injury, I started eating more and higher calorie foods. WTF? That must be some evolutionary biology shit at work ... get injured and don't know when you will be healthy enough to forage/hunt next meal.

In 10wks i think I put on 10 or 11 pounds (the struggle is real 'yo). I'm back to working out now for a couple of weeks and I'm already eating less with fewer portion of carbs.

10. Oblivian

Oblivian Aging Platinum Member

I always eat more when I'm not training. I just do not like to be full or close to full when lifting. Heavy eating days will always be my day off.