GSP on not fighting T-Wood: "t’s not that I’m scared, actually, I’m always scared when I go fight."

So GSp can call out champions in any division he wants, but it's cheap to call him out...makes sense if you don't think about it I guess.
The privilege of being from a past gen. Although calling out smaller guys is cheap.

Current Woodley KOs any version of GSP. Hence why GSP is avoiding Tyron like the plague.
Sure he would. Can't KO shitty, no striking, 906 year old Maia but yeah, he'll KO a way better fighter in GSP.

lol the delusion. All because you think it somehow will validate your boy Juicerson Silva more. So sad. Prime GSP maybe loses 1 round to Woodley. Maybe.

If the roles were reversed all you marshmallows would be calling Tyron a duck

hypocrites

I mean.. he's basically admitting he is not confident that he could beat a man 1 year younger than him in the weight class people are calling him the GOAT in, if it walks like a duck..

I mean.. he's basically admitting he is not confident that he could beat a man 1 year younger than him in the weight class people are calling him the GOAT in, if it walks like a duck..
He said this about every fighter he has beaten before fighting them, including the rematches in which he already won the original fight. It means nothing.

Age is a number. It also means nothing without context of who the person is. If Woodley goes through some ACL surgeries, your 1 year apart thing will be a little more fair.

Haha... I love it. GSP gets so much hate for no reason. Dude has no reason to fight at WW anymore. If he came back to WW then everyone of the haters would say he was scared to move up and fight at MW. Haha. Basically no matter what GSP says it's going to be wrong.

I don't see Tyron calling out Whitaker or any other MW. Nah, he instead keeps calling out GSP, Nate Diaz, and Conor. But no one mentions that.

I think Woodley is a hell of a fighter but he still has some work to do in his own division. Lets see him continue beating some of the current contenders. During his reign GSP called out 1 dude and that was when he asked for the Nick Diaz fight before Hendricks. Now all champs do is call out everyone. He fought whoever they put in front of him.

Let the man do what he feels is best for his career and just enjoy the fights.

TBH, outside of finishing Lawler the next thing I think about his his loss to Rory.

His long fights with Maia and Wonderboy(2x) didn't do anything for his legacy, imo, which is weird.

It is commendable to admit to being scared when going into a fight but very disappointing to hear him admit that he doesn't want the fight because the risk of him losing is too high for him to find acceptable. He would rather falsify a late addition to his legacy picking up a few easy but high profile fights.

If he admitted he just wanted to come in and pull some last purses before he retired I would be okay with that but claiming he is trying to build and maintain a legacy and that Tyron Woodley (who is on his way to a number of title defences that would categorise him as a "great" champion) does not do that for him is just sad

GSP is looking for money fights. If Tyron is able to draw crowds I’m sure GSP would fight him.

Obviously a win puts George up a notch all time. But a loss moves him backwards. The cost benefit of beating Woodley doesn't match the risk posed by him.

Winning another WW belt does nothing for his legacy. Like everyone else in here has said, he has enough of those. Georges ran that division longer than any other WW before or after him. He beat all the top guys in the WW division, all the challengers, all the wannabes. Woodley has not defend half as much as him, he's not a draw at all, and there are other WWs, aka Matt Hughes, that have done more for the division than Woodley. If Woodley hadn't called for Georges 10 minutes after winning the belt and went about his business and put on some good title defences, maybe he'd be someone to think about, but you can't cry for money fights and then call racism in the same minute because the newly crowned champ thinks he's worth more than his 250K at best PPV buys.
Excuses Excuses

Its been known that GSP is one of the more real fighters in MMA History. Its okay to be shook before a fight, plenty of Sherdoggers here cant relate but some do.

Mir said when he got the call to walkout before the first Brock fight he just projectile vomited in the bin cos of nerves.

I was told that Wonderboy was a riddle that no one could crack and Till was a Light Heavyweight striking god.

That's a good legacy to have as a champ.

Typical GSP nuthuggers in this thread, it's embarrassing being a fan of him when these fans are scared to see GSP challenge himself or take an L. All GSP is doing is hurting his legacy right now, beating a washed up, blind, no chin left MW and then dropping to LW is just a joke.

Always some excuse for or by GSP for why he's a cherry picker. He never would have won the MW title had he actually had to earn a shot. Only reason why he won that phony title was due to Bisping ducking real contenders and him being handed a front of the line pass against one of the weakest UFC champs in memory. Ducked the Hendricks rematch, ducked Silva, ducked Woodley, ducked Whittaker.

Last edited:
Bisping Legacy = 2nd belt

if you don't see the value in that you're blind. Woodley is just the same belt he's won like 12 times already.
yeah huge legacy beating a can to get his second title....................

I have always liked him but Woodley just isn't a big name draw.

GSP has earned the right to big dick money fights.

Probably more so that most.

Back