GSP on not fighting T-Wood: "t’s not that I’m scared, actually, I’m always scared when I go fight."

Every fighter that ever lived had fear. A boy comes to me and tells me that he’s not afraid, if I believed him I’d say he’s a liar or there’s something wrong with him. I’d send him to a doctor to find out what the hell’s the matter with him, because this is not a normal reaction. The fighter that’s gone into the ring and hasn’t experienced fear is either a liar or a psychopath.– Cus D’Amato

I tell my kids, what is the difference between a hero and a coward? What is the difference between being yellow and being brave? No difference. Only what you do. They both feel the same. They both fear dying and getting hurt. The man who is yellow refuses to face up to what he’s got to face. The hero is more disciplined and he fights those feelings off and he does what he has to do. But they both feel the same, the hero and the coward. People who watch you judge you on what you do, not how you feel.– Cus D’Amato

I think this last point is very important. GSP has accumulated so much more wear and tear throughout his career. He's got over 2x the number of championship fights as Woodley. If Tyron can defend the belt 3-4 more times, I do think GSP will fight him. At that point their "career wear" will be closer, and I pick Georges to win that fight.
Whatever! that's bullshit. People only talk about wear when a fight with Woodley is brought up. He can fight at LW and LHW but he has to much wear to fight @ ww. I honestly believe if it was anybody other than Woodley he wouldv'e attempted to get the strap back at WW. He just waiting for Woodley to lose.

Last edited:
Calling out a guy who fought in the previous era is cheap. GSP started his pro career in 2002, Woodley his in 2009. 7 years plus of taking damage in training during a less advanced time for that.

All that Bisping legacy and no Woodley legacy?

George's, the point is your legacy, ya alien abducted dope. The point is can you come back and beat the current champ, not what legacy the champ has.

Clearly wasnt the case with Ping

His legacy couldn't be hurt much by losing at 185 after such a long layoff. Losing at 170 would definitely hit his legacy much harder

Whatever! that's bullshit. People only talk about wear when a fight with Woodley is brought up. He can fight at LW and LHW but he has to much wear to fight @ ww. I honestly believe if it was anybody other than Woodley he wouldv'e attempted to get the strap back at WW. He just waiting for Woodley to lose.

you clearly don't get it

This is simply false!! By far winning the 155 belt and becoming the first UFC 3 weight champion does more for his legacy. No one has done that yet, and he will go down in the record books as the first to do it.

If you don't think winning the 155 title does more for him than beating Woodley, then you're really a BIASED blind hater.

I don't think winning at 155 cements it better than beating woodley or the current MW champ.

He says that if Tyron has more of a legacy in the future he's more open to the fight, but right now he doesn't stand a lot to gain.

I happen to agree with GSP.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/9/...-doesnt-want-to-fight-tyron-woodley-right-now
TBH, didn't read the link.
but don't really need to. I disagree with him.

Fighting lighter fighters or the weakest 185 champion in recent history (then running from top contenders) is far worse IMHO.
Coming back and climbing to the top at the division he once ruled would do far more.

he said what we already know. he wants to cherrypick fights that help him and avoid ones that might hurt him. Getting KO'd by Woodley would be terrible for him, so that is one to badly avoid.

All that Bisping legacy and no Woodley legacy?

George's, the point is your legacy, ya alien abducted dope. The point is can you come back and beat the current champ, not what legacy the champ has.

Clearly wasnt the case with Ping

I think the chances that GSP cares about anything but money at this point are pretty much zero; fighters and athletes in general talk about legacy, but they always go for the money. Its not just GSP, Woodley wants GSP because of money (there's no legacy in beating a guy who sat on his butt for four years, did one fight, and then vacated again).

And there's nothing wrong with that, just about every one of us goes to work for money, not for legacy. I just wish the UFC wouldn't give title shots to guys who hadn't earned it (ie GSP getting a title shot at either LW or WW after one fight in five years is nuts).

It’s simple really, gsp fights and beats Woodley.

“Woodley was never that good, he fought to a draw with Thompson and won a staring contest with Maia.
His buddy Nate already ko’ed wood and Maia , people wood say he was never that good. And was ducking the undefeated Kahib or dangerous striker Conor, depending on who wins their fight. “

Losses and WW was weak when George fought.

Before the bisping fight it was “George is too small for MW, isn’t even a big WW anymore, WW’s of George’s era are LW’s now. Bisping will stuff his takedowns and ko him. “

After bisping. “Bisping is weakest MW champ ever” ducking Woodley.

This is the problem

If even Iron Mike got scared before fights then there is no shame in admitting one is scared.

Guy was one of the scariest boxers to ever live and still got shook that says something.

Always gunna be a fan of that guy great find.

No you're not scared when you're fighting someone you know you can beat GSP. You're scared when you're fighting someone like Tyron. You're scared of losing. This is almost as bad of a lie as Dwayne Johnson claiming steroids don't work, in order to try and convince people that hebgot that physique naturally. You're not tricking anyone we know you're a cherry pick duck. Just stay away from the sport.

Macho man sherdoggers will never understand this words.

I tell my kids, what is the difference between a hero and a coward? What is the difference between being yellow and being brave? No difference. Only what you do. They both feel the same. They both fear dying and getting hurt. The man who is yellow refuses to face up to what he’s got to face. The hero is more disciplined and he fights those feelings off and he does what he has to do. But they both feel the same, the hero and the coward. People who watch you judge you on what you do, not how you feel.– Cus D’Amato
In professional fighting, there is nothing heroic about fighting someone. NOTHING.

TBH, didn't read the link.
but don't really need to. I disagree with him.

Fighting lighter fighters or the weakest 185 champion in recent history (then running from top contenders) is far worse IMHO.
Coming back and climbing to the top at the division he once ruled would do far more.

Don't read, don't comment, Kid.

No you're not scared when you're fighting someone you know you can beat GSP. You're scared when you're fighting someone like Tyron. You're scared of losing. This is almost as bad of a lie as Dwayne Johnson claiming steroids don't work, in order to try and convince people that hebgot that physique naturally. You're not tricking anyone we know you're a cherry pick duck. Just stay away from the sport.
He has legit said he was scared before every fight before Tyron Woodley was even relevant as a fighter but when you are a GSP hater with an agenda, facts are irrelevant.

Tyron Woodley...

giphy.gif

Back