GSP Officially No Longer Middleweight Champion - Vacates the Belt.

Then why fight for the middleweight title? You think it's fair to the other 185 fighters? If you do, you may be as immoral as gsp.

Who else was going to fight in November? Romero lost, jacare lost, Luke and weidman were on weak one fight win streak, and Whittaker was injured.

I think it was fine how things worked out.

Maybe. But I doubt Bisping protested to much lol.

(I've been a Bisping fan since he was a contestant on TUF. I still like the guy. But his championship run was less than stellar)

Yeah I think Bisping was happy to sit on that belt, and to get a chance at getting one back at Hendo. I just never liked the 'duck' thing being applied to him, the guy is a real gamer. I think the UFC offered him Hendo and he took it, but I don't think he was bullshitting talking shit at Romero, it just didn't work out. Bisping has fought enough scary guys like Anderson and Rockhold and a zillion others, I can't question the guy. Agreed that his title run was not the best, honestly I'm just shocked he got the belt in the first place. My hat's off to him.

Why didn't he fight Woodley then? He just as easily could've.

Because he wanted to take on a different challenge than what he had done before. Why do you care? Michael is the one that held up the division not GSP. He is the one that sat on the sidelines and kept begging for this fight while refusing Others.. It’s got nothing to do with GSP. The champion would not fight.

He will always be the middleweight champion of my heart.

Why didn't he fight Woodley then? He just as easily could've. Now he ducked an entire division and held it up, for a paycheck fight. Bisping is just as culpable.

Who would you have preferred Bisping to fight in November? Whittaker was injured, everyone else Lost or was on weak one fight win streaks.

GSP got rid of the annoying champ, and by vacating he just crowned Whittaker the real champ. Bisping would still be champ now if not for GSP.

Fucking pathetic, handpicked Bisping to his comeback and now will probably search some stupid money fight. What a disappointment.

At least he is not holding a weight class like the leprechaun tho.

Theres nothing pathetic about it. He spent a full year trying to bulk up and ended up being 191 in the cage against Bisping. Why would he be forced to fight at such a disadvantage? He has everything to lose. Just admit you just want to see him lose you stupid hater.

Georges said he didn't plan to tie up the division and he was true to his word. Order is restored at MW and all is good. I hope Georges fights T-Wood next.

Not surprised. He's been retired for years, comes back when Mike is champ and struggles with his size, and there's dudes a lot bigger at mw. At least he took the belt from Bisping, I don't think I know a single person who doesn't appreciate a good Bisping beatdown.

I'm actually oddly pleased about this since in a fan of GSP as well as a fan of Whittaker, and this way maybe I don't have to see either lose. I hope Rob starches Rockhold.

at least they got it right and just promoted whittaker

i had a funny feeling they were gonna make him fight rockhold for the belt and not recognize him as the undisputed champ

At least GSP was man enough to admit he was never planning on defending the belt against the #1 contender and vacated it immediately.

Unlike a certain 1 eyed pirate that tried to hold onto the belt as long as possible.

bisping_patch.jpeg

Why didn't he fight Woodley then? He just as easily could've. Now he ducked an entire division and held it up, for a paycheck fight. Bisping is just as culpable.
Eh fuck it GSP ducked Whittaker let's just say it

Good for him. Welterweight and lightweight are the best weight classes for him

Fucking pathetic, handpicked Bisping to his comeback and now will probably search some stupid money fight. What a disappointment.

At least he is not holding a weight class like the leprechaun tho.
So true about the leprechaun. But I don't get people beating down gsp...he's already done all that. Was a champ for like 7 years with 9 defenses. Doesn't want to do that anymore, just wanted to be a two division champ

GSP rids the UFC of the inactive champion Bisping, and people still complain.

So is Whittaker the champion as of now and this counts as his first title defense or are they fighting for the belt therefore its not a defense for RW?
from this link, is the following quote:
http://www.ufc.com/news/Whittaker-v...ial&utm_source=twitter&utm_content=1512698327

With this announcement, interim champion Whitaker has been elevated to undisputed champion, and subject to approval from the Combat Sports Commission in Western Australia, the five-round bout will be the first event in Western Australia and held at Perth Arena.

Well it was either GSP winning or Bisping ducking Whittaker and Rockhold until his retirement fight against...fucking Elias.

Back