GSP Officially No Longer Middleweight Champion - Vacates the Belt.

Too bad but respect for him not slowing down other peoples career.

wish I could say I am surprised GSP vacated....but I'm not.

So is Whittaker the champion as of now and this counts as his first title defense or are they fighting for the belt therefore its not a defense for RW?

Ariel Helwani insists to this day that the Hendo fight was the UFC's idea, not Bisping's, and he's not usually the type of guy to get that kinda stuff wrong.
Maybe. But I doubt Bisping protested to much lol.

(I've been a Bisping fan since he was a contestant on TUF. I still like the guy. But his championship run was less than stellar)

Yeah. I don't get how people can shit on him for this. He's a Welterweight.

He vacated quickly, too, so it's not like he's fucked the whole division.

The only people that are mad are the GSP haters who wanted to see GSP fight guys 20lbs heavier than him in hopes that GSP loses.

Then why fight for the middleweight title? You think it's fair to the other 185 fighters? If you do, you may be as immoral as gsp.

GSP isn't the Middleweight champion anymore because he beat Bisping who was the fake paper champ. The real champ was always Whittaker.

In your dreams perhaps
It'll be a nightmare for you eh?

Belt 1 stripped just days after Belt 2 attained. Belt 2 stripped...at some point.

Neither defended.

An legend.

Yes but we all know it could have been much, much worse. Can't expect GSP to not fight for a title in his UFC return. Plus wasn't Rob recovering from knee surgery?

Rob was out, but he was interim. Have Luke fight Bisping and Rob fight the winner. Georges held the division up whether you guys want to give him a free pass or not.

I respect GSP for giving up the belt quickly since he has no intention to defend it, but in reality, how can we honestly say moving up and beating Bisping is any bigger accomplishment for GSP than moving up and beating Griffin for Silva?

Rob was out, but he was interim. Have Luke fight Bisping and Rob fight the winner. Georges held the division up whether you guys want to give him a free pass or not.
Did you expect him to not fight for a title making a comeback?

Well done Georges. Hopefully Ferguson does the same now that he is out injured.

Whittaker is and always has been the champ ever since he beat Yoel.
fergie had a scheduled surgery, cause he did not had a bout agreement

Before the fight "I will defend the belt against Robert, I have it in my condracts", now vacates title after a number of excuses.

Bisping won't fight real contenders in his own division ever. He takes a GSP fight he thinks he will be easy.

GSP beats his ass and gives the belt to the rightful champion who never would have got his shot otherwise. He then returns to his own division to reign and fight all challengers.

I swear this guy is like Batman and Jesus molded into one.

The days of Conor and Bisping holding up divisions to extend their "reign" and being ducking cowards are hopefully over.

Did you expect him to not fight for a title making a comeback?

Why didn't he fight Woodley then? He just as easily could've. Now he ducked an entire division and held it up, for a paycheck fight. Bisping is just as culpable.

LMAO

Georges Da Randamie
except he got paid
gsp_dancing_tvshow2.gif

Haters it: GSP is your daddy.

Undisputed greatest of all time.

The man was ill...shitting blood and couldn't train to his full capacity for a month leading into the fight...and still won.

Let that sink in for a minute haters....then compare that to your sad life and the many much lesser factors that have made you quit.

This shouldn't be a surprise to anyone. He jumped the second Bisping won the belt. He took advantage of one of the weakest champions in history. Not his fault, the UFC let it happen. Good on him for dropping the belt, tho. Better than McFucking the MW division up.

Not gonna hold it against him.

First, he didn't put the whole division on hold like certain "champ", and second, it was the smart thing to do for him. If he admitted he had a rough time with Bisping, then imagine the problems he'd have with the actual top three at 185.

Forever grateful for GSP taking the belt from Bisping whose entire championship run was one long ducking campaign.

Main reason why I won't be hating on the guy. He's OK in my book.

Last edited:
Back