GSP: MMA is a business & we are entertainers first (people need to understand)

Well, if he truly believes that, he should have put on more entertaining fights instead of worrying about his legacy so much.

Unless he is just now coming to this realization.

Well, if he truly believes that, he should have put on more entertaining fights instead of worrying about his legacy so much.

Unless he is just now coming to this realization.

Since he sells a lot of PPV's, his form of "entertainment" works as far as drawing paying customers.
That was his point.
It is not just the actual fight. It is all the business surrounding the fight that is important as well.

nobody is crying. i already said i don't really care that it's not a sport, and of course PrideFC was more biased, like i said, THEY WEREN'T TRYING TO PRETEND TO BE A SPORT.

boxing isn't even like MMA. boxing has MANDATORY CHALLENGERS that title holders must face or vacate. there is no champions in boxing that can hold titles hostage like in MMA.

being a sport is easy to follow. that's why there is rankings and shit in REAL sports, because the REAL sports rankings MATTER. not so in MMA.
Real sports get do overs every year. Shitty teams get to play the great ones. The champ wins and then starts the next season 0-0.

Lol at boxing being more pure than mma.

Real sports get do overs every year. Shitty teams get to play the great ones. The champ wins and then starts the next season 0-0.

Lol at boxing being more pure than mma.

MMA is a real sport. It is the definition of one.
But people thinking that major team sports don't fuck with tradition & rules to make money are ignorant.
Look at how many teams make the playoffs each year in NHL & NBA.
An under 500 team in 4th place can be the "champion".
In MLB they changed the rules so the Yanks & Mets can play each other every year even though they are in different leagues.

Sports is athleticism, but it is also big business

I'm trying to figure out what's entertaining about laying on your opponent for 5 rounds.

This week in gsp’s hypocrisy. He is arguably one of the most skilled fighters in mma history but his style wasn’t that entertaining after saying he is an entertainer first. He also was bitching about weight cutting while saying he wants the khabib/conor winner. Can’t hsve it both ways

Since he sells a lot of PPV's, his form of "entertainment" works as far as drawing paying customers.
That was his point.
It is not just the actual fight. It is all the business surrounding the fight that is important as well.

I hear ya. This just sounds out of character in relation to how he approached his career.

i already said why he was popular. being popular and being entertaining are not the same. Canadians supported him, and he is a classy person.

so what? i'm not entitled to have an opinion that he's boring? i understand grappling, people who say "you don't know what's going on" don't know what's going on. if grappling was so fuckin exciting jiu jitsu would be on TV and pro wrestling wouldn't exist.

you know why pro wrestling exists? because it's fuckin boring watching ACTUAL wrestling. so they had to FAKE exciting shit in order to get people to watch.

think about that.
You sound awfully mad about all this. People would not have watched him if they didn't find his fights entertaining. MMA wrestling is not at all the same thing as pure wrestling. Of course you're welcome to think he was boring, but the fact of the matter is that there is a large fan base who disagrees with you, and the idea that people will turnout in droves for any classy Canadian is just silly.

Back