GSP Looks Old, Slow, and Stiff

Roach: You know all there is to know about fighting, so there's no sense us going down that same old road again. To beat this guy, you need speed - you don't have it. And your knees can't take the pounding, so hard running is out. And you got arthritis in your neck, and you've got calcium deposits on most of your joints, so sparring is out.
Cote: I had that problem. [Goerges nods at him and looks back at Roach]
Roach: So, what we'll be calling on is good ol’ fashion blunt-force trauma. Horsepower. Heavy-duty, cast-iron, piledriving punches that will have to hurt so much they'll rattle his ancestors. Every time you hit him with a shot, it's gotta feel like he tried kissing the express train. [cracks neck] Yeah! Let's start building some hurtin' bombs!

This is what I expect.

To those saying bispings striking Is more technical and fluid,do yourselves a favor and go watch George’s early fights. Very, very dynamic technical striking.

He was originally primarily a striker before he fell in love with rasslin’

Some of the best spinning back kicks in the UFC, if not all of MMA.

Can someone explain how GSP doing gymnastics is good? I know gymnasts are fantastic athletes but how does that translate to MMA?

Classic sherdog. Training footage dictates the outcome of a fight.

Didn't Chael say that he grappled years ago with Georges and then again quite recently, and Georges is now on a different level than he's ever been? I'm too busy /lazy to search for the video, so maybe my memory is deceiving me.

Georges can telegraph that double all day and there's still nothing Bisping will be able to do about it.

You don't know what he was training specifically and how far into his training he was.

If you train hard you can make someone have trouble curling a 5 kg dumbbell.

According to his old mentor Kristoff GSP doesn't look good in sparring. Says he wishes Georges would of stayed retired. Could be sour grapes from being cut out of GSP's corner? You can check it out on Patrick Cote's podcast..it's in French though.

I actually expect GSP to be stronger with all the bulking and gymnastics training. GSP takes his S&C the most serious besides someone like MM and Dillashaw. But Bisping looks a good bit faster and fluid.
Don't mean to be a dick, but isn't everyone expecting him to be stronger with all the bulking? It would be kind of odd for someone to bulk and get weaker.

Georges has always looked worse in training videos, a bit hesitant and mechanical, then shows up fight night when the lights hit and looks fast and dialed in.

He's far too small for the division though and will be at an enormous deficit trying to kickbox with someone Bisping's size. Georges isn't a hitter so it doesn't make much sense to try and outpoint a good kickboxer who's much larger then him.

GSP will be able to point grapple Bisping or he loses.

Last edited:
Gymnastics is not new for GSP. He's had it as part of his training since forever (really started dedicating a part of his training to gymnastics back in 2009 at the urging of Firas Zahabi).

To quote GSP "Nobody can reproduce the movement of gymnastic guys, but gymnastic guys can reproduce the movement of everyone. They’re the most athletic athlete(s) in the world. And I’m doing gymnastics also to keep my body healthy (and) to change my routine, and I love gymnastics, as well."

Here's an article about it: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...cs-welterweight-champ-the-worlds-best-athlete
Thanks man! I had no idea he was training back then, very cool. GSP is the man! I really like gymnastics and even considered joining a club earlier this year but I was kind of embarrassed tbh. I'm too old to start I think. lol

Man I don't see GSP winning and I love the guy. Bisping is one of the worst matchups for him at MW. GSP is too small for this weightclass and his speed is going to be reduced. All Bisping really has to do is avoid getting taken down and he wins this fight soundly.

Looks like the new added weight
His one foray into the 190s was for Shields, he said the added weight made him a lot slower, his frame could not handle it, which is why he went back to 185lbs after that fight.

Both Bisping and GSP are stiff fighters. *fedorvodkashrug*

His one foray into the 190s was for Shields, he said the added weight made him a lot slower, his frame could not handle it, which is why he went back to 185lbs after that fight.

Specifically because he bulked up too fast and didn’t get used to the weight, which is why he said over and over again in the past

If I ever where to move up to 185, I’ll take the time off to do it right, get used to the weight and Never go back down.

Looks like EXACTLY what he has done.

Looks like EXACTLY what he has done.
We will see if his frame can support the weight, even if done over time. He's the GOAT, but really GSP would be a LW if he fought today. I don't like his chances at MW, but if anyone can do it, it would be him.

i think gsp will come in thick, and dry-hump bisping to a boring decision.

With that HGH gut hes starting to fight like a mid 90s Stevens Seagal

GSP is not a finisher
Only because he fought top competition between 2008-2013.

Hendricks, Diaz, Condit, Shields, Koscheck, Hardy, Alves, and Fitch are NOT notorious for getting finished.

Back