GSP Legacy Fights

powerhockey17

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
I think the best fights to make for GSP if he decides to come back.

If possible: GSP vs Askren at 170 (if not in UFC maybe Bellator?) **depending on GSP contract with UFC.

In UFC: GSP vs Khabib at 155

In UFC: GSP vs Conor at 155 (I think GSP would win this fight. He would take him down and pound him out)

Both fighters are unbeaten in their weight classes and would sell lots of ppv's.
I know I would pay to see these two fight.

Although Dana doesn't like Askren, if they were to think "Business" this would be an interesting fight.
With GSP vs Khabib ths would also be a very high profile fight for both of them.

Thoughts?

GSP has dropped a lot of weight since his bout with colitis and has said he will not go back up to fight 185. So fighting Whittaker is out.

Fighting Woodley is certainly a possibility but Woodley doesn't sell a lot of PPV's and some of his fights have been very boring. Also the fact that many fans don't like him.

Gsp contract is ironclad he's got 3 more fights in ufc. Saying maybe bellator is like asking someone here for a million dollars to your gofundme.

Contracts can always change. If he has 3 fights left, so be it. But one can always speculate.

I would like to see GSP take the belt back in his rightful weight class regardless of how many ppv's it might sell. So this man...
632118454.jpg

I like the Askren fight next (if it were possible)

Yeah...

Going to Bellator would be great for his legacy. You have an old account, but your post count indicates you spend VERY little time here. Or, you just read, and never post. My money is on the former. Because, if it was the latter. I wouldn’t have to write this. Because, you’d already know this stuff.

His haters accuse him of ducking Woodley by moving UP to fight a HEAVIER champion. If he went to Bellator they’d accuse him of ducking Stipe, and MM.

Askren does ZERO for his legacy, anyway. That would be discounted by GSP haters as a win over a guy not good enough to fight in the UFC.

That’s a fact, and it’s a horrible idea.

He has ZERO legacy fights at WW, or MW. He left both divisions as the undisputed champion.

He has only two possible legacy fights. A win in a title fight against the LW Champion. Or, if Conor’s ridiculous new 165 division somehow became reality. A win to become champion of that division.

That’s the reality of the situation. Only a 3rd title improves his legacy. And, believe it, or not. His haters would say even that tarnishes his legacy.

GSP has dropped a lot of weight since his bout with colitis and has said he will not go back up to fight 185. So fighting Whittaker is out.

Fighting Woodley is certainly a possibility but Woodley doesn't sell a lot of PPV's and some of his fights have been very boring. Also the fact that many fans don't like him.

This sounds like a bad comedy sketch and yet GSP wants everyone to think: "I was coming to 185lb to fight the best, but then this damn Collitis I tell you. If it wasn't for that I'd be fighting Romero".

<LikeReally5>

I doubt he's going to drop down to 155 to fight ither guy. If they ever fought him, it will be at 170. The guy has always been about being at his best when fighting. His best is at 170.

He probably know a fight with Conor won't likely happen anytime soon due to the fact that Conor is ducking Khabib and Mcgregors chances vs Khabib aren't the best. On top of that; Dana White has expressed displeasure for this fight in the mean time.

A fight with Askren is definitely on the table. GSP is already asking for it so it will likely happen. Dana White loves money and this fight would be near 1 million PPVS.

I personally think a fight with Woodley is his best option. To reclaim his belt and against a guy who been able to defend it multiple times since his departure would be a better legacy than Micheal Bisping in my opinion. I don't think this will happen tho. GSP pretty much said he isn't interested in his fight in his own subtle way.

This is how it will go:

Askren then if Woodley loses, the winner--> then maybe Mcgregor/ Nate Diaz.

If possible: GSP vs Askren at 170 (if not in UFC maybe Bellator?) **depending on GSP contract with UFC.

In UFC: GSP vs Conor at 155 (I think GSP would win this fight. He would take him down and pound him out)

Both fighters are unbeaten in their weight classes and would sell lots of ppv's.

Although Dana doesn't like Askren, if they were to think "Business" this would be an interesting fight.
With GSP vs Khabib ths would also be a very high profile fight for both of them.

Thoughts?

If you think GSP could make weight at 155 your deluded

Historically, it needs to be Conor, you would have the linear 145 and 155 champ in Conor (he has never lost either belt) vs the linear WW and MW Champ in GSP (He never lost either belt). Therefor you would have a once in a lifetime opportunity to have 4 division linear champs fight each other. If you make it at 165, you would have the first ever 3 division champ and the first 5 division linear champ, I suspect you will never have this opportunity again.

Thoughts?
-GSP vs Askren is the true "legacy" fight, but if that doesnt happen then GSP vs Woodley is the second option in that regard.

-GSP vs Khabib and GSP vs Romero would be more competitive imo, then GSP vs Conor or GSP vs Whittaker. But doubt he ever fights at 185 again.

the fights that would ultimately reflect the best upon GSP's legacy would either be challenging T-wood for the WW belt or somehow dropping down to 155 to fight either khabib or conor for the belt and a chance to be a three division champ (he's mentioned it in the past). the best thing for the legacy of GSP would be fighting and defeating a top 10 P4P champ. even though he already won the MW belt from bisping, I think the consensus was bisping was not a top 15 P4P fighter at that time despite being a champ

Back