GSP: Khabib Is Pound-For-Pound Best Fighter In The World

Khabib's striking has worked for him so far, he's yet to be KO'd on the feet or TKO'd at all if im not mistaken. And it serves it's purpose. He uses it to grapple and then proceeds to rape basically everyone.

Khabib's ground game/grappling at 155 is just as good as Damien's at 170. I'm not saying Khabib is Damien in BJJ, but, in MMA, it's as good if not better.

Grappling skills for both are badass.
However I still feel that kabob is much more one dimensional than Maia.

Sure kaboob hasn't been KOd but that doesn't mean his striking is decent, it's horrendous.

He's just able to wade in and get his hands on people before getting tagged too bad so far.

I don't expect that to be the case too much longer if he fights again.

Grappling skills for both are badass.
However I still feel that kabob is much more one dimensional than Maia.

Sure kaboob hasn't been KOd but that doesn't mean his striking is decent, it's horrendous.

He's just able to wade in and get his hands on people before getting tagged too bad so far.

I don't expect that to be the case too much longer if he fights again.

in comparison to K-1 Maia who flew right into Mardquardt's fists.

Just based on results alone, Khabib's striking > Damien's.

in comparison to K-1 Maia who flew right into Mardquardt's fists.

Just based on results alone, Khabib's striking > Damien's.

I thought we were talking about recently ? I made a point to say that Maia's striking has come a long way to where it is now.

In no way whatsoever can anyone who is being objective say that Kaboob's striking is better than Maia's.

It's just not the case.

I thought we were talking about recently ? I made a point to say that Maia's striking has come a long way to where it is now.

In no way whatsoever can anyone who is being objective say that Kaboob's striking is better than Maia's.

It's just not the case.

I still think Damien looks like shit on the feet. He only uses it to set up his grappling and does the same thing Khabib does. I wouldnt take one over the other really, but if I did, I'd rather Khabib. His wildness is more likely to land a KO shot than Damien. And his chin has proven sturdy enough so far to take a shot and still keep coming in for the TD

I still think Damien looks like shit on the feet. He only uses it to set up his grappling and does the same thing Khabib does. I wouldnt take one over the other really, but if I did, I'd rather Khabib. His wildness is more likely to land a KO shot than Damien. And his chin has proven sturdy enough so far to take a shot and still keep coming in for the TD

It's no argument that Maia's striking is more technical, I mean kaboob is one of the worst strikers in MMA. He is just able to grab opponents quickly and once he does they can't get up.

It's no argument that Maia's striking is more technical, I mean kaboob is one of the worst strikers in MMA. He is just able to grab opponents quickly and once he does they can't get up.

you went from being ok, to just making up nonsense. He's far from one of the "worst strikers" in mma, and to be honest, Maia isn't much better. Have you actually even watched any of their fights?

you went from being ok, to just making up nonsense. He's far from one of the "worst strikers" in mma, and to be honest, Maia isn't much better. Have you actually even watched any of their fights?

I could ask you the same thing.
Kabobs striking is horrible.
He makes up for it with his grappling but still.

Maia's striking is definitely better than kaboob's. No doubt.

Back