GSP is the P4P king. He is undefeated in a stacked division.

I know he has 2 losses on his record but they were both considered flukes which he proved in the rematches. He is 24-2 and I think if he loses to Hendricks it'll be because he gets caught again. He prolly wins the rematch. I am getting tired of his decisions victories but you cant deny his dominance over the diviosion. If he beats Hendricks he wont lose the belt for awhile and should be P4P for sure if there is any argument. Thoughts?

Matt Hughes submitting GSP in 2004 was not a fluke and was not considered one. The fact that GSP had improved greatly over the next two years and beat Hughes handily in the rematch doesn't change that fact either.

I haven't heard one good reason yet as to why Jon Jones should be #1 P4P over GSP

Over the past few years Jones has beaten comparable, if not better competition than GSP more definitively and impressively, as well as more often.

Thread title is incorrect, GSP has been defeated at WW... And if they were "flukes" that still doesn't erase them, still losses. What happens if Anderson avenges the loss to Weidman? Do we forget the loss? Is he undefeated at MW.. again?
Help me out TS, I'm confused.

I know he has 2 losses on his record but they were both considered flukes which he proved in the rematches. He is 24-2 and I think if he loses to Hendricks it'll be because he gets caught again. He prolly wins the rematch. I am getting tired of his decisions victories but you cant deny his dominance over the diviosion. If he beats Hendricks he wont lose the belt for awhile and should be P4P for sure if there is any argument. Thoughts?

1) Georges losses weren't considered flukes.
2) Regarding if he will lose to Hendricks or win the rematch...there is only one way to find out.
3) P4P exists only in peoples imaginations.

I respect GSP immensely as a person, but as a fighter/performer, he doesn't belong in the same category as guys like Fedor/Jones/Anderson who fight to destroy their opponent. Georges is basically running the clock. Which is good for his endorsement deals and brand, not so good for me as an MMA fan.

Shutting your opponent down in every facet of mma is much more impressive.

Is that you Brendan Schaub? :D

The loss to Hughes certainly wasn't a fluke. Pinnaclesports.com had Hughes as a -270 favourite.

You could bounce between Jones and GSP as #1, if you actually cared about imaginary rankings - I don't think it's clear-cut. But don't mischaracterize the conversation. GSP is not undefeated.

Those "flukes" are still losses you know. He has a good argument for #1 p4p but to consider him undefeated is nuts.

gsp has ruled one of the deepest divisions in the ufc for a long time, he goes to decisions, but they are dominant decisions and personally I think that the middleweight division has always been weak besides Anderson and a few other top guys

I have GSP ahead of Jones due to the duration of their runs and level competition. Fedor is still the greatest of all time, IMO.

I'm not sure where Silva fits in to the equation. We'll see after the rematch.

GSP? SERIOUSLY?? Dominance is finishing fights at least OCCASIONALLY. Boring decisions are not that, especially when GSP has ZERO GNP, ZERO submission skills and basic standup with good wrestling. Big Rig will finish him. And the WW division is NOWHERE near stacked.

Lol troll, don't be so obvious. "ZERO submission skills" hahahah

He's not undefeated. He has 2 legit and really solid losses in the UFC.

His loss to Hughes wasn't a fluke, Hughes tapped him out, beat him fair and square

GSP is P4P #1 now and was before Silva lost. GSP would beat Silva is they ever fight too.

I have GSP as the current p4p #1 as well.

#2 belongs to Aldo.

Georges has had more title defenses and fought tougher competition than Jon Jones so I agree with you 100%.

Gsp's post fight face tells a different tale. He isn't really that dominant, takes a lot of damage and usually looks pretty beat post fight. He hasn't had a dominant fight since koscheck. He certainly didn't dominate condit and Diaz, condit gave him a tough fight on the feet and Diaz was actually able to stuff takedowns.

I don't get how people can claim Jon has such a huge size advantage when he makes weight no problem. He fights at 205 and weighs between 215 and 221 on fight night. Gsp fights at 170 and weighs up to 191 on fight night. Aldo, bendo, gsp, silva/weidman and jones are all large for their divisions.

Back