GSP is looking like a LW

The guy he's wrestling is a 135lber.

He's said he's walking around near 180lbs lately, which is pretty normal for today's lightweights. I truly think he wants khabib to beat Ferguson, and then he wants to take khabib's 0 away from him and capture a third belt.

Everyone knows how a fight between GSP and McGregor would go; McGregor has no answer against elite wrestling, which is probably why GSP thinks a victory over McGregor would do nothing for his legacy. It's the same reason Mayweather's 50th win means nothing; everyone in boxing knew and expected the outcome that occurred. However, GSP holding a victory over Khabib whom no one has been able to win against in grappling would definitely be a greater achievement, and given the fact that the UFC's first event in Russia is scheduled in September...

tenor.gif

@fortheo he still looks lean and muscled in the low 180's.

He's not getting on a scale and making it read '155lbs' without shedding a lot of muscle and doing a hero water cut. At his age I have a hard time believing he wants to do something so dramatic.

Georges has too big of a build for lightweight.

165lbs, if it happened, I could see that no problem.

I totally agree.

I don't think GSP can make 155. I mean, he probably could, but it would be very rough imo.

This is him at 170.

20130315_jla_bb5_382.0.jpg

043_georges_st-pierre_and_nick_diaz.0.jpg

Now imagine him cutting to 155.

Anyway, Lol at @fortheo thinking he looks tiny or like a LW now.

He obviously looks bigger than in the pictures above which was him at 170.

He does look smaller no longer a MW that's for sure.

Even small for WW to be honest he lost a few good pounds.

How inspiring. A bigger man fighting smaller men.

I don't get the hate he gets?

, i don't see what fighting a guy who is 2 weight classes below the weight class he just fought in is going to help his legacy
Exactly.
It seems insane that GSP, who never switched weight classes during his heyday, would suddenly go down TWO weight classes, after having moved up to MW.

Sure, he's got problems that could lead to weird diets. But jumping 2 weight classes, at this time in his career, just seems too much. We all know cutting weight is a bitch.

And he's got zero interest in Conor. That would be the only reason I could imagine him cutting to LW, but now that it's off the table I wouldn't understand why anyone would think he's still aiming for LW.

He's said he's walking around near 180lbs lately, which is pretty normal for today's lightweights. I truly think he wants khabib to beat Ferguson, and then he wants to take khabib's 0 away from him and capture a third belt.

Isn't this a bit odd?
he run from MW title unification fight and now looks like a LW??? LOL!
Ducking Woodley HARD!!!

I think it would be awesome if his next fight is for the LW title.

Gsp is a natural lightweight that has beaten welterweights and middleweights. GOAT

A natural lightweight is somebody who doesn't have to cut to fight at lightweight. I doubt GSP has been that light since high school.

Why Khabib? Why not tony or Conor? He's got a good shot against all of them IMO.

Oh, he is.

Just wait.

Soon he'll call you kid and talk about how much smarter than you he is.
Just checked my ignore list like 30 minutes ago and unignored a few people I didn't remember why they were there. He was one of them.

Just seen a couple of his posts and now I remember why I had him on the list. Back to ignore it is.

He'd probably have an ungodly strength advantage at LW. Barring him getting old overnight, he could ragdoll Khabib if he's still anywhere close to his prime.

We may need him to stop the caliphate, if Tony fails and with Askren banned.

Isn't this a bit odd?
he run from MW title unification fight and now looks like a LW??? LOL!
Ducking Woodley HARD!!!

You can't seriously think that GSP is afraid of Tyron woodley, right?

Why Khabib? Why not tony or Conor? He's got a good shot against all of them IMO.

When GSP was talking on the MMA hour about the kind of fight that interests him, he specifically said no to Conor--he's not interested in that fight. He wants a legacy fight, not a money fight, and Conor is just a money fight. He said something like, "in a few months, maybe there's a guy that everyone considers p4p number 1" he wants guys like that. He wants guys that do something for his legacy.

I think if khabib becomes a 26-0 LW champ, then being the first man ever to beat khabib and simultaneously the first man ever to become a champ in three different UFC divisions, is something that interests GSP.

A lot of people are giving you a hard time TS but I see it too. Hes not LW ready yet but he could easily getting there.

He actually has no choice at the moment due to his medical condition.

Back