GSP is a fan of indie music!!

black angels? I am dissapoint... Too cookie cutter retro. I'd rather listen to something like MGMT, where they have 60's or 70's influences, but also bring a lot of new stuff into it as well.

black angels? I am dissapoint... Too cookie cutter retro. I'd rather listen to something like MGMT, where they have 60's or 70's influences, but also bring a lot of new stuff into it as well.
I saw them live this year and they killed it. The media show was like nothing I’ve ever seen.

Georges_St-Pierre_crop.jpg
just noticed on his wiki that he's wearing a Black Angels t shirt. This is interesting because most mma fighters seem to like metal or rap. He is truly a goat in mma and in musical taste. Woot

I noticed that too on his wiki... Strange thing was, right before the event I was playing Black Angels - Snake in the Grass for some friends. I suddenly had a bad vibe TJ was going to upset the champ.

Last edited:
I tend to think of them more as Psych/Prog but Indie fits the shoe. Long live Texas rock.
lol I just use it as a generic term for underground rock. Speaking of texas rock they back the guy from the 13th floor elavators!

This is interesting because most mma fighters seem to like metal or rap.

What? Barnett is literally the only MMA fighter I can think of that has an actual metal culture. I've never seen anyone else wearing a metal tshirt. Watain, Bolt Thrower, Marduk, Venom, Goatwhore...

9563607414_f5ea0b1ced_z.jpg

Josh_Barnett_2011.jpg

images

josh-barnett-nandor-guelmino_crop_exact.jpg

vice-barnett-333_vice_670.jpg

Josh-Barnett-at-Every-Time-I-Die-show.gif

Maybe he's just a fan of free T-shirts.... lord knows I am.

i am if he's into indie music...ever see him walk out to indie music for any of his fights? it's usually french hip-hop.

Back