GSP: "I would come back for the 155 title but the UFC is afraid id drop the belt again"

George was waiting for the weakerst MW champ in history, came back to fight him because it was an easy fight and then he had to fight Whittaker because that was in the contract but he ducked him bad because he had to fight a legit MW and not some old washed up guy. George clearly ducked Whittaker so Fuck Him. He should never get a title shot because he might pull the same shit again.
I wonder how long you've hated GSP for? The truth is that you, and others like you wouldn't have given credit to GSP no matter who he beat. Your only concern is to watch him get beat so you can spout your B.S. about him being a boring fighter, and a duck. Go cry some more about it.

Give GSP what he wants. He is the GOAT. Salty people here on sherdog..... How can anyone hate a man as nice as GSP who has also defeated every man to face him? People confuse me.

You don't have to hate GSP to want him to earn his title shots. GSP's nuts must be tasty indeed for people to be willing to see so many legit contenders, some of whom are decent guys in their own right, get fucked over just to accommodate him.

Dana is pissed and doesn't want to, but he flip flops in the wind, gsp just needs get the hype train moving and let the momentum clear obstacles like Dana.

give gsp all the money fights.

Even if he vacates the belt and the UFC has to make a new title fight, the organization will still make a lot more money in the end.

So yeah, give him everything he wants.

If there is big money involved, the UFC will make the fight. Cut and dry.

Nah.

Kahbib vs Conor (to legitimize belt and T-Ferg needs to heal)

GSP can then fight T-Ferg or the Khabib/Conor loser to earn a shot at the 155 strap. Or he could man up and fight Woodley.

Conor should not get to fight Diaz until he fights Khabib, Tony or both of them.

Damn. Poor Eddie Alvarez is getting fucked in all this. Maybe he can fight Lee in a title eliminator.

Conor and Khabib have youth on their sides, and at 37, GSP only has a few fights left (I believe two). GSP giving Khabib his first loss and winning the LW title also sets up Conor nicely for the biggest UFC title fight of all time (in terms of sales) if he gets past Diaz (which I believe he will).

Conor doesn't have a title, so he can fight whoever he wants to. Going through Khabib first isn't a prerequisite on Conor's part, he can absolutely fight Nate first.

Alvarez is fighting Poirier, and Gathje is rumored to be fighting Iaquinta, if Lee was smart he'd be on standby ready to go in the event either of those fights falls through.

Im paraphrasing here, but if you sum it up, this is what he said on Rogan.

He wants to be the first one to have won 3 belts. But said himself that he already dropped belts two times (with hendricks and bisping)

And he is kinda right you know....

If you were uncle dana, would you make this fight knowing there was a big chance GSP would just walk away after winning?

This is probably why the UFC pushed for Nate. And once the conor/khabib thing is done, maybe they will push Conor vs GSP(if conor loses and is no longer holding the belt), but i honestly see this as a real issue for making GSP fight for the 155 title
Well the ufc is right in this situation because that’s exactly what gsp would do

So, are we just going to pretend that Georges wouldn't have beat Whittaker or Rockhold had they held the belt? I have him beating both guys 50-45. Sherbros seem to think Whittaker is the second coming of Christ for some reason. Middleweight division has gotten so weak the last few years, that even average fighters like Whittaker look like world beaters.

So, are we just going to pretend that Georges wouldn't have beat Whittaker or Rockhold had they held the belt? I have him beating both guys 50-45. Sherbros seem to think Whittaker is the second coming of Christ for some reason. Middleweight division has gotten so weak the last few years, that even average fighters like Whittaker look like world beaters.

I think he would've beaten Whitaker fairly easily, but Rockhold would have a huge size advantage and I'm not sure GSP would have been able to overcome it. I know Romero's older than GSP, but I think he's fast and strong enough and has good enough wrestling to nullify GSP's advantages and it would have been a close fight.

Well it's not like they can stop anybody who wins a title from dropping it right away.

Good luck finding someone not named McGregor to do that many PPV buys doing it though.

Both divisions are paper champions. Holloway was smashed and Khabib is the champ because he beat #11. Hardcore mma fans know the truth

The truth is that Conor would rather have championships taken away from him that face his fears and fight Khabib

Georges deserves what he wants. Dudes a fuckin legend. Trailblazer. Old school superstar. Literally the UFC’s main man whilst Conor was still sucking his mommas titties. He’s doing nothing conor hasn’t done.

GSP is one of the biggest duckers in combat sports history.

If gsp truly believed that he would fight both those guys

Gsp wants to pick and choose his opponents. He chose bisping because he’s a joke

It's totally fine that Connor holds two divisions up for years, yet people shit on GSP when he drops the title so that he doesn't hold up a weight class because he has no intention of fighting.

Say what you will but at least GSP respects his fellow fighter more than Connor.

stop with this real champ crap. No doubt, Whittakers resume was better, but Bisping was the real champ whether you like him or not.

Silva lost to Weidman who lost to Rockhold who lost to the real champ Bisping.

Just because you don't like a guy doesn't mean he isn't a real champ. To be the man, you gotta beat the man

Unless "the man" avoids you like the plague and refuses to fight legitimate contenders. Then "the man" suddenly stops being "the man".

Which is exactly the reason why people recognize Whittaker as a more legitimate champ then Bisping or GSP.

I mean gsp promised he would defend, got the shot and then claimed he was sick and injured. After he was stripped a couple months later he is open to lw title.

Most belts are lineally passed on and if Gsp does this another time it kills the line of "the real belt"

Im paraphrasing here, but if you sum it up, this is what he said on Rogan.

He wants to be the first one to have won 3 belts. But said himself that he already dropped belts two times (with hendricks and bisping)

And he is kinda right you know....

If you were uncle dana, would you make this fight knowing there was a big chance GSP would just walk away after winning?

This is probably why the UFC pushed for Nate. And once the conor/khabib thing is done, maybe they will push Conor vs GSP(if conor loses and is no longer holding the belt), but i honestly see this as a real issue for making GSP fight for the 155 title
well you would

that 155 cut will kill him

Well, I’d say those are well founded concerns, George

Back