GSP: "I would come back for the 155 title but the UFC is afraid id drop the belt again"

Yes I would make the fight, people don’t care about UFC like they used to, and there’s not many fighters who’s names mean anything

Its not like 155 has any contenders he would be leap-frogging
*sarcasm*

Being a GSP hater should result in a mandatory ban.

No, if PeterGriffin says Dana is going to make it happen then it'll happen! End sarcasm

Dana loves money but even when he's slighted against, he'll hold that for awhile. GSP is no exception.

WME-muzzled Dana does what he's told.

That ship sailed long ago.

Brock, Toney, Kimbo Slice, CM Punk and Conor were all turning points away from legitimacy.

Kimbo isnt part of the UFC. And accepting this crap to happen is part of the problem.

GSP can do whatever he likes. if he was a shit talker how much money would they throw at him? probably would have like a maywheather status if he was an asshole
too bad he has ulcerative colitis (not being sarcastic). some people don't get what that means but basically it's an chronic, uncurable disease (well, unless you count total colectomy as a cure)

Sorry. But length of tenure doesn't make him exempt for rules or special accommodation
Nothing exempt here. The history of Super Fights in this sport typically do not require a fighter to stay in a division or defend a title. That has not been the requirement for prior super fights.

Nothing exempt here. The history of Super Fights in this sport typically do not require a fighter to stay in a division or defend a title. That has not been the requirement for prior super fights.

And I never said he can't fight. Just dont let him fight for a title

Outside of the obvious (being Conor v khabib is bigger than gsp) I assume most question whether or not he can even make lw. There's no shortage of contenders either. So I'm thinking UFC wants a test run out of him so see if 1. He can make weight and 2. To make sure that by not immediately fighting for the strap he's committed to lw

I agree with what you're saying. I think the UFC should make Nate vs GSP, but with a clause in the contract saying if GSP can make weight and win, he gets the next title shot. It's a win-win for the UFC and George's, as he gets a huge payday against a guaranteed win and the UFC can see if he can make the weight.

You are using MMAmath and calling someone dumb LOL
Fighting Whittaker does absolutely NOTHING for GSP. If I need to break it down for you from a business, legacy, or common sense standpoint then you are more of a simpleton than I initially thought.

He beats Whittaker, then what? He is 37 years old and clearly doesn't have the frame for 185 pounds. He walks around at 180-185, that's like saying Chris Weidman should fight HW because he walks around at 220. You are a clown.

He loses to Whittaker, his legacy is somewhat tarnished because he lost to a fighter who was KOed by Wonderboy Thompson (who lost to the current WW Champ). I wonder how many sherdoggers would be crowning Woodley as the greatest WW of all time?

Most importantly, he's 37 years old! Why take a fight unless it's a "money" fight? Whether you like it or not, Bisping was the real MW champ and fighting him was a great business decision. At this point in his career, GSP has nothing to gain from fighting anyone besides the LW Champ or Conor McGregor.

End of discussion, have a nice day.

Well can you blame them? George run away from MW title like a bitch when he had to fight the real champ Whittaker. Now they should believe he will keep 155 lbs belt? Or he will say "Oh so sorry guys, I got a boo boo in my stomach. It was nice of you to waste your time and title fight on me. I give you back this belt which I just won a second ago"

Just fuck off.

100% this. Everyone knows what GSP's end game is. It's Conor. He wants anyone at LW to set up a match with Conor. The UFC aren't worried about him fighting for the LW title and leaving. They are worried he will end up fighting Conor and winning. Conor vs Khabib is a massive fight. UFC don't want to sacrifice it.

Pretty much. I doubt Dana would let him do it again, look how pissed he was the first time. GSP was never Dana's friend, and he never seemed to like him that much.

If it was Ronda or Conor he would say "Look at how much he's done for the sport how can I say no ?" etc, but for GSP, nope.

To be fair, the UFC already gave GSP got his little golden legacy nugget with the Bisping fight. And he did not live up to his promises afterwards. I'd say him and the UFC are square at this point.

They've offered him Woodley, who he is ducking with the force of 1000 quacks. If he really want's that 155 strap so bad, let him go through a few contenders.

Give GSP what he wants. He is the GOAT. Salty people here on sherdog..... How can anyone hate a man as nice as GSP who has also defeated every man to face him? People confuse me.

Kimbo isnt part of the UFC. And accepting this crap to happen is part of the problem.

Kimbo was brought in for sales.
Brock was brought in for sales.
Toney was brought in for sales (and the boxing vs. MMA aspect).
Ronda was brought in for sales (and whatever Dana had going on for Ronda)
Conor has been enabled repeatedly for sales.

I wish, as fans, we had more say in the matter, but the fact is... we don't. If the UFC was threatened of a boycott, they would call our bluffs, and they would be right, because in the end we'd still watch (in most cases).

There might come a day where Dana draws a line in the sand, but it won't be with GSP. WME is too invested right now to let any potential blockbuster PPV slide and if GSP wants a LW title fight, they'll give it to him.

I'm a gsp fan, but he should fight woodley.

170 was his division. It would be epic for him retake the title after all these years.

I can excuse him for not fighting Whitaker. The bisping fight was just a novelty fight. 185 was never his division.

Going to 155 is just plain stupid. He will have health and/or performance problems trying to make that weight. Id rather him push for a catchweight fight with Conor than go this route.

You may want to sit down for what I’m about to tell you.

Conor doesn’t have any belts. Gasp.

Both divisions are paper champions. Holloway was smashed and Khabib is the champ because he beat #11. Hardcore mma fans know the truth

GSP vs. Khabib (for the third title)
Conor vs. Diaz (to complete the trilogy)
GSP vs. Conor (for his swan song and vacates)
Conor vs. Khabib (to determine the next champ)

Nah.

Kahbib vs Conor (to legitimize belt and T-Ferg needs to heal)

GSP can then fight T-Ferg or the Khabib/Conor loser to earn a shot at the 155 strap. Or he could man up and fight Woodley.

Conor should not get to fight Diaz until he fights Khabib, Tony or both of them.

Damn. Poor Eddie Alvarez is getting fucked in all this. Maybe he can fight Lee in a title eliminator.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back