GSP has great striking because he can throw a one two punch all fight long.

You are definitely wrong. Hendricks was a better boxer than gsp.
No, for me its the other way around, Hendricks had a crazy right hand with a crazy power, but in pure fundamentals of boxing GSP was much better

lol. How can you say that arguably the Greatest fighter of all time is "a pretty decent fighter".

lol.

Fine. He’s a good fighter. I might even put him in the top 3 all time at WW

This is more or less attributed to Johnny being a southpaw than anything else. Georges spent a career fighting orthodox wrestle-boxers.

He suffered greatly in both striking and wrestling Hendricks because of it. Hendricks was able to take the effectiveness of GSP's jab and subsequent takedown setups and negate them enough to make Georges look human.

Fine. He’s a good fighter. I might even put him in the top 3 all time at WW

you? :D
I was so worried that such an authority like you wouldn't put him in top 3.. but now my life is complete. <Lmaoo>

you? :D
I was so worried that such an authority like you wouldn't put him in top 3.. but now my life is complete. <Lmaoo>
A 2006 account should be able to pick up on sarcasm by now but I guess not.

giphy.gif

Oh and I said I MIGHT put him in the top 3....but he did get finished by Serra in his prime so maybe not.

A 2006 account should be able to pick up on sarcasm by now but I guess not.

giphy.gif

Oh and I said I MIGHT put him in the top 3....but he did get finished by Serra in his prime so maybe not.

You brag about some sarcasm and then continue to claim GSP should be ashamed that he lost a fight 10 years ago by an accident to a guy he beat up just a couple of fights later.

Weird guy you are.

Yet Hendricks didn't win the first round striking, only one the first minute of the second round striking, got picked apart in the 3rd and 5th, and won the 4th on a trip. So much for "definitely better."

GSP mad a career out the Jab. striking wise he's not that creative but with his jab he did a lot of damage and you have to worry for it and the TD. Just ask Alves and Koscheck who had a vagina in his eye due to a GSP jab breaking his orbital bone.

King Khabib is better and also undefeated
Much more shallow resume so far, been getting better as of late. 4 ish more big title fights against top contenders over a couple years he'll have a claim

I would say GSP striking was good more so than great.

His take down threat is really what made is striking good. He obviously had worse striking than Hendricks, which is nothing to be ashamed of. Very good? You bet. Great? Nah.

Hendricks preusada, prefatass was a fucking monster.

Back