GSP has a damn good shot to win the 205 belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bulking up to MW almost killed him I don’t think he can go up to LHW.

Bulking up to MW almost killed him I don’t think he can go up to LHW.
GSP should have fought at his natural walk around weight. There was no need for him to put on some extra weight but he wanted to be like the other MWs. So he forced himself to gain weight and muscle mass. After the weigh ins he expected to go back up to maybe 200.

Anyway, this thread is old and GSP at 205 is straight up delusional. Cormier would maul him.

A roided out hendricks gave a bored, worn out shell of gsp his hardest fight yet,

a revitalized gsp choked a fromer LHW contender and the MW champ smooth the f out.

the gsp that fought hendricks is not a good metric
That former lhw contender would also get raped by cormier, thathowis Hendricks not a good measure answer the question bud what does Hendricks do better than cormier?
Cormier is everything that gave gsp a tough fight AND more.
I don't get what's so hard to put together the idea that cormier isn't going to walk through gsps jab is delusional

Gsp was starting to gas against bisping that's not even the best gsp, that version of gsp gasses after DC get him down one time and rides him out

That former lhw contender would also get raped by cormier, thathowis Hendricks not a good measure answer the question bud what does Hendricks do better than cormier?
Cormier is everything that gave gsp a tough fight AND more.
I don't get what's so hard to put together the idea that cormier isn't going to walk through gsps jab is delusional

Gsp was starting to gas against bisping that's not even the best gsp, that version of gsp gasses after DC get him down one time and rides him out
He wasn’t gassing, if you listen to his post fight talks he was changing his timing up since bisping changed his.

The fact still remains, that you seem to ignore , is that the gsp that fought Hendricks didn’t even want to be there, he wanted out of the sport and take a break, defending over and over a gain with no breaks besides barely taking the time to heal from injuries and surgery.

It’s not a good metric to use.

GSP could do anything he set his mind too.

I e been saying for a while now his plan is bisping
Whitaker because he has too and if dc still has the belt dc

I don’t think he should put anymore weight on for dc

Just come in at 196-200 with no cut and be explosive in the striking.

Without having to cut he would be fresh and way to fast for dc

Dc doesn’t have anywhere near the stand up bisping has. He’d ko him with volume stikes.

Go in at 195 lbs for a 205 championship fight???

While Cormier is cutting (and has held towels) to make weight?

Go in at 195 lbs for a 205 championship fight???

While Cormier is cutting (and has held towels) to make weight?
If that’s where your body performs the best yes, and the speed advantage would be huge and very fresh without haveing to make a cut.

So many positives to the scenario.

A lot was made of GSP being opportunistic with fighting Bisping as the MW champ, since he's not a huge MW and his style matches up fairly well in certain ways.

I think what GSP did was amazing, but I do agree that he would be overmatched against the Rockholds and Weidmans of the division. Too much size, reach, etc.

GSP would obviously get crushed by a giant like Jon Jones or Gus. Again, too much height and reach. However, like Bisping, the current champ of the division happens to be an ideal matchup. Not only will GSP not be at a big height and reach disadvantage, he will be the taller man.

2016-08-31-georges-st-pierre-ufc-return.jpg

2016-08-31-georges-st-pierre-ufc-return.jpg

Cormier is known for his wrestling, but if GSP can take his time and add another 10 lbs of lean muscle, he has elite defensive wrestling which should nullify DC.

GSP is already far bigger and heavier than skinny deflated 190 lb Anderson that didn't even train that DC could barely damage and spammed takedowns against.

I see GSP winning a kickboxing match on points and taking the LHW title. This is a guy who has stated he can make 155. How sick would it be if GSP won 4 belts.

A21E4FBC-7A2A-4841-B4BF-FBD07A050623.gif

Just kidding, you’re insane.

this thread shows the sheer delusion and stupidity of GSP fans. isn't it enough just to give him credit for his WW achievements? why does it always have to be more.
I've love to see this fight just to end this fucking insanity.

Won’t be able to get DC down and he doesn’t have the power to hurt him on the feet... makes sense.

Why would he necessarily need to do either to win? He's the taller, longer, more technical striker and has the speed and wrestling to not get taken/held down.

Of course he can hurt Cormier, even skinny-fat 190 lb Silva was able to do so, much less a bulked up 210 lb GSP. GSP wasn't known as a KO puncher at WW and yet he cracked former LHW Bisping's chin at MW. Heck we just saw Cormier do the same at HW, after having not KO'd anyone at LHW for years.

You have to understand, this thread is old, it was made before we really knew about GSP's colitis and issues with bulking. But it was also before Cormier became HW champ, which fortuitously makes it all the more mindblowing that GSP (without health issues) is a potential 5 division belt holder or at least championship contender (LW, WW, MW, LHW, HW). I don't think any other fighter in history could dream of that.

And I never said GSP was some huge favorite over Cormier, he's obviously the underdog. I give Cormier a 60/40 chance of winning at LHW and probably 67/33 at HW.

Why would he necessarily need to do either to win? He's the taller, longer, more technical striker and has the speed and wrestling to not get taken/held down.

Of course he can hurt Cormier, even skinny-fat 190 lb Silva was able to do so, much less a bulked up 210 lb GSP. GSP wasn't known as a KO puncher at WW and yet he cracked former LHW Bisping's chin at MW. Heck we just saw Cormier do the same at HW, after having not KO'd anyone at LHW for years.

You have to understand, this thread is old, it was made before we really knew about GSP's colitis and issues with bulking. But it was also before Cormier became HW champ, which fortuitously makes it all the more mindblowing that GSP (without health issues) is a potential 5 division belt holder or at least championship contender (LW, WW, MW, LHW, HW). I don't think any other fighter in history could dream of that.

And I never said GSP was some huge favorite over Cormier, he's obviously the underdog. I give Cormier a 60/40 chance of winning at LHW and probably 67/33 at HW.
Lol

That’s a more fair assessment

But I don’t think GSP has the wrestling to stop DC. I think DC’s size is too much. If Hendricks could get the better of GSP(despite GSP win over him) I don’t see how Cormier can’t replicate that and better.

Silva hurt DC, this is true. I don’t put GSP’s striking on the same level as The Spider’s. I’ve never seen GSP snap a front kick and hurt someone like that. GSP hurt Bisping, a fighter who is not immune or unfamiliar with being hurt/finished. DC has literally only been finished once by Jones. Jones is literally the best thing we’ve seen in mma. Even that finish took two separate fights and steroids to accomplish.

Power and finishing ability aside, being longer and faster doesn’t necessarily secure a win either. Gus is easily taller, longer, faster, and more technical on the feet than DC. Gus even hurt DC with that roaring knee. DC ate it and fought his way to a win. I cannot imagine GSP ever doing something like that, so far removed from his prime.

GSP’s glaring advantage is cardio, in my opinion. If he someone managed to keep DC off of him( big if ) he could maybe work his way to a safe decision. However, as we’ve seen, it took the skill and reach of Jones’ caliber to fend of DC’s merciless pressure.

GSP has always been hesitant to move up to 185. I’m sure he knows why better than anyone else. I can only interpret that as GSP recognizing his limitations against the potential giants he’d have to overcome. Bisping, as champion, was his safest pick at a top 185er( again, my opinion ).

If they make shogun vs smith an interim match I think gsp goes up and beats the winner

GSP would have to stay outside and tentatively outjab Cormier for a solid 5 rounds without the distance being closed or being tagged. I seriously doubt GSP could take Daniel down, considering the gargantuan size discrepancy. It is also terribly unlikely GSP would carry enough power to put DC out, or leave himself open for DC to close the distance by throwing anything too ambitious.

Could GSP pull it off? Yes, he could. But he would have to basically play the most conservative fight ever, and get very lucky.

GSP wouldn't beat a legit top 5-10 MW. aint touching the LHW Champ.

That's just being delusional as fuck.. Bisping was a fluke at MW.

People keep talking shit about how disrespected GSP, is, but this thread is blatantly disrespectful to DC. Fuck your worthless theories and fuck you. GSP has NOTHING for DC. Period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back