GSP has a damn good shot to win the 205 belt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DC wants a money fight. GSP wants a legacy fight. No weight cut 170 GSP could possibly have the speed advantage and dart in and out and jab the fook out of DC, possibly drop him and choke him.

TS done lost his mind.

I'm confused, is OP claiming GSP could beat Cormier? o_O

Cormier would be 50lbs heavier, GSP would be faster yes, but he's not going to hurt him outside of a headkick, and he's not going to get anywhere trying to wrestle. It would be a R1 KO.

Absolutely delusional thread. Or a nice troll.

1 title win and zero defenses.

GSP 2 time WW champ with 9 defenses.. Moves up to win MW belt..

The MW belt against Bisping is a farce.

He is the top dog at WW, but ducking Woodley puts another asterisk.

Like I said, he is somewhere in the 6th to 10th. If the defence run puts him above Werdum, so be it. But he doesn't crack for top-5.

A lot was made of GSP being opportunistic with fighting Bisping as the MW champ, since he's not a huge MW and his style matches up fairly well in certain ways.

I think what GSP did was amazing, but I do agree that he would be overmatched against the Rockholds and Weidmans of the division. Too much size, reach, etc.

GSP would obviously get crushed by a giant like Jon Jones or Gus. Again, too much height and reach. However, like Bisping, the current champ of the division happens to be an ideal matchup. Not only will GSP not be at a big height and reach disadvantage, he will be the taller man.

2016-08-31-georges-st-pierre-ufc-return.jpg

2016-08-31-georges-st-pierre-ufc-return.jpg

Cormier is known for his wrestling, but if GSP can take his time and add another 10 lbs of lean muscle, he has elite defensive wrestling which should nullify DC.

GSP is already far bigger and heavier than skinny deflated 190 lb Anderson that didn't even train that DC could barely damage and spammed takedowns against.

I see GSP winning a kickboxing match on points and taking the LHW title. This is a guy who has stated he can make 155. How sick would it be if GSP won 4 belts.

No... no he absofuckinglutely does not.

This website gets stupider by the second

gsp has more chance of beating jones then dc. both are laughable by the way. DC is wayyyy to heavy and good at wrestling for gsp to do anything to him. let's get fucking real here lol

you know dc walks around almost 100 pounds heavier than gsp right? and is an olypic caliber wreslter. holy shit this has got to top out on stupid shit ever.

Dude, what are the odds. I literally met GSP today after liking a comment in this thread, that just got bumped after a year.

He’s bigger than I thought he’d be. Looks strong. I couldn’t tell how tall he was maybe 5’8-5’10

Nice guy. Seemed a little socially awkward. Which is inspiring.

did or did not jones beat his ass twice?

thought so...
You been here since 09 and you're still an idiot?but that's not even suprising since you been here since 09.

Okay I will bite please tell me kid did you watch gap vs Hendricks?
Hendricks has a 69inch reach and is 5"9 and was gsp worst possible matchup because of the durability, the wrestling, and pressure.
Now ask yourself bud which one of those accolades does Hendricks do better than cormier?
The answer is NONE, cormier is litterally a bigger better Hendricks, I think gsp Is ahead of cormier p4p but your gobbling his cock if you think he even has a chance.

Last edited:
Maybe... maybe GSP could get a takedown. Huge IF... but even if he got it, I don't see him keeping DC down.
GSP has great top control, but DC is built like a fridge + he has both the technique, strength and pretty good speed to get back up.

A lot of respect for GSP. Among the best MMA wrestling, especially for not growing up wrestling.
Against DC, GSP is smaller and on paper the much worse wrestler. By MMA fights, maybe the better wrestler in the way that he never gets taken down and pretty much always gets his opponent down. But in reality, he is smaller and much lighter, an infinitely worse wrestler on paper (0 credentials in wrestling vs great credentials.

If anybody could figure out how to fight the perfect fight against DC it would probably be GSP and his team... Would be a huge upset.
Even if GSP and friends have a great game plan, DC is smart and could adapt and have tricks up his sleeve himself.

I see GSP's best fight being on the outside, scoring with kicks, jabs. Trying to set up bigger strikes. DC would move forward with punches and grab GSP, even without a takedown. DC would dirty box him, push him against the fence, make some half-assed takedown attempt and switch it to strikes switch it to lifting GSP and slamming him maybe, or just keeping at it, battering and threatening with takedowns, making GSP cary his weight. Maybe he would take GSP down easily, just pointing out that even if he couldn't he could still make it suck for GSP to be clinched up.
GSP would need to have the cardio to easily go 5 rounds, cause those 5 rounds could be grueling. If he gasses it doesn't go 5 probably.

I wouldn't call it a damn good shot.

You been here since 09 and you're still an idiot?but that's not even suprising since you been here since 09.

Okay I will bite please tell me kid did you watch gap vs Hendricks?
Hendricks has a 69inch reach and is 5"9 and was gsp worst possible matchup because of the durability, the wrestling, and pressure.
Now ask yourself bud which one of those accolades does Hendricks do better than cormier?
The answer is NONE, cormier is litterally a bigger better Hendricks, I think gsp Is ahead of cormier p4p but your gobbling his cock if you think he even has a chance.
A roided out hendricks gave a bored, worn out shell of gsp his hardest fight yet,

a revitalized gsp choked a fromer LHW contender and the MW champ smooth the f out.

the gsp that fought hendricks is not a good metric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back