GSP going for WW-titleshot and Romero VS Whittaker for Interim-title in MW - Dana White

What about Maia? That guy earned his shot a long time ago.
Maia looked 100 years old in his last fight against a failed 155er who was on a goofy/lucky 3 fight win streak.

He also participated in the most boring 185lbs fight of all time and will now get a title shot against Woodley - a man who participated in the most boring 170lbs of all time. How exciting!

Maia getting screwed again. He will never get the title shot, not even on 20 fight win streak. He should just leave this fucking circus called UFC.

Bad fight for GSP he will get knocked out by Woodley

GSP should've got out of the UFC when his contract was in dispute.. He should've fought that shit and joined Rory in Bellator, imo

I'm not a Maia fan, he seems like a nice guy, but he probably should get his title shot now that he edged Jorge

That said, Tyrone Woodley is a fucking hypocrite. He was saying he felt bad for Maia not getting his shot and now that it's there he's saying he's gonna have to kick back and wait

In all honesty Woodley is the worst thing to happen to the ww division in a while

Maia looked 100 years old in his last fight against a failed 155er who was on a goofy/lucky 3 fight win streak.

He also participated in the most boring 185lbs fight of all time and will now get a title shot against Woodley - a man who participated in the most boring 170lbs of all time. How exciting!
None of that detracts from my point, whatsoever. Maia earned his shot.

GSP waiting for a Maia win

if not, he´ll need more time to adjust to USADA

GSP - Maia/Woodley is not perfect. Demian was promised a title shot, and it's long overdue. Starting to look like Dana might break yet another promise.

Woodley is eager to fight. Maia took almost no dmg. So TW vs Maia in August and and Winner vs GSP in November/December. Perfect szenario.

Don't like the idea that you can step away from the sport for 4 years, then come back to a completely different landscape, yet still be calling the shots. Even if he is the GSP, he should have to have at least one tune-up.
I agree with you to an extant but since he technically didn't lose his last fight and was the champ makes more sense than Ronda getting a title shot after being straight koed and losing her belt. I thought Hendricks won btw.

Don't like the idea that you can step away from the sport for 4 years, then come back to a completely different landscape, yet still be calling the shots. Even if he is the GSP, he should have to have at least one tune-up.

lot of things we hate other than that. Champs not defending belts and all these interim titles. It's all about the monies.

I am foreseeing that GSP gets brutally knocked out.
he has been in there with some hard punchers and other than his last performance with Hendricks where he took serious amount of damage) he has a very good striking defence and ability to evade getting hurt in all stances

What about Maia? That guy earned his shot a long time ago.
I think they'll go for Maia vs Woodley before, I mean GSP says his back in fall and there are several cards before that so.... but I expect that Woodley pull out from the Maia fight injuried or something so he can guarantee himself a fight with GSP.

lot of things we hate other than that. Champs not defending belts and all these interim titles. It's all about the monies.
Money fights are the worst thing to happen. They make no sense, and make MMA look like a joke.

Fair enough, if a Champ has cleaned out the division, and they need something else to do, but these guys are calling out retirees and randoms as soon as they get a strap.

I agree with you to an extant but since he technically didn't lose his last fight and was the champ makes more sense than Ronda getting a title shot after being straight koed and losing her belt. I thought Hendricks won btw.
Hey, I agree. The Ronda return TS was a bad idea, and it just cost them one of their biggest cash cows.

Back