GSP going for WW-titleshot and Romero VS Whittaker for Interim-title in MW - Dana White

iWas

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
UFC president Dana White told ESPN that his ideal scenario is a summer fight between Bisping (30-7) and No. 1 contender Yoel Romero (12-1).

Earlier this week, however, Bisping revealed that he is dealing with a knee injury and will not be ready to defend his title "anytime soon." White said that could force the UFC to create an interim title.

"We're trying to put together that Bisping-Romero fight," White said. "If [Bisping] can't fight this summer, we'll probably create an interim title between Romero and Robert Whittaker."

According to White, St-Pierre's return will now likely come in the 170-pound division -- the weight class St-Pierre dominated throughout his career. Tyron Woodley (17-3-1) is the current UFC welterweight champion.

"[St-Pierre] says he will fight whoever the 170-pound champion is when he comes back," White said.

Source: http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/...ight-champion-due-michael-bisping-knee-injury

That would be the perfect scenario, bisping time off, whittaker vs romero and gsp vs maia/woodley.

Georges St-Pierre vs. Anderson Silva is the fight to make. Cash in while you still can.

GSP - Maia goes like GSP - Kosh... Jab, jab, jab.

Yeah, or like Rory VS Maia, forgot about GSP Jr.

I am foreseeing that GSP gets brutally knocked out.

Don't like the idea that you can step away from the sport for 4 years, then come back to a completely different landscape, yet still be calling the shots. Even if he is the GSP, he should have to have at least one tune-up.

Don't like the idea that you can step away from the sport for 4 years, then come back to a completely different landscape, yet still be calling the shots. Even if he is the GSP, he should have to have at least one tune-up.
I thought GOATs don't need tuneups?

That would be the perfect scenario, bisping time off, whittaker vs romero and gsp vs maia/woodley.
GSP - Maia/Woodley is not perfect. Demian was promised a title shot, and it's long overdue. Starting to look like Dana might break yet another promise.

GSP - Maia/Woodley is not perfect. Demian was promised a title shot, and it's long overdue. Staring to look like Dana might break yet another promise.
No GSP should face the winner of Maia and Woodley. So it is perfect

No GSP should face the winner of Maia and Woodley. So it is perfect
Oh, I see. I thought you meant that he should face Maia or Woodley before they fight. Still not crazy about that because there are other fighters more deserving of a title shot, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. I go along with another poster on here who voted for GSP-Anderson Silva. That's the dream fight that's been talked about for many years, and it's a good "tune-up" fight for GSP. Two of the GOATs finally coming together...no question that it would sell.

"Gsp/bisping is the fight the fans wanted though"

Dana florian

Honestly I'm glad the UFC has come to their fucking senses.

All that needs to happen now is that Irish prick needs to be stripped of his last belt and retire so this sport can get back on track.

Oh, I see. I thought you meant that he should face Maia or Woodley before they fight. Still not crazy about that because there are other fighters more deserving of a title shot, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. I go along with another poster on here who voted for GSP-Anderson Silva. That's the dream fight that's been talked about for many years, and it's a good "tune-up" fight for GSP. Two of the GOATs finally coming together...no question that it would sell.
Actually yeah i change my mind. GSP vs Anderson is the fight to make.

Actually yeah i change my mind. GSP vs Anderson is the fight to make.
Watch the UFC fuck it up though. GSP- Silva seems like a no-brainer to me, but watch the new UFC fuck it up and logjam the WW division. Hoping I'm wrong. I will still get excitied for GSP-Woodley/Maia though.

There's nothing going on at 170lbs right now, so GSP going back there is fine by me. Just leave 155/185 alone.

Back