GSP fought a fresh Bisping, Kelvin fought...

How do you know he wasn't concussed? Getting dropped and getting heavy elbows to the face then choked unconscious sounds like a bad concussion to me.
That is a point...I guess I assumed that he would have been tested for a concussion, and absolutely not have been cleared to fight in Shanghai had he been found to be concussed from the GSP fight.

Good point. Bisping already had his bell pre-rung via GSP.

Exactly Michael shouldn't have been allowed to fight

The same shit would have happened to full camp Bisping and don’t even try to deny it.

GSP apologists acting like getting choked out made Bisping lose a shit ton of brain cells which needed more time to regenerate.
Good God damn there have been some stupid statements about brain damage today. This is number 2

Anyone who takes an ass kicking like mike did against gsp is not ready to have another fight a few weeks later. Props to bisping for taking the short notice scrap and saving the card, but he had little to no chance of beating a hungry young lion. He should have fought some scrub on short notice. Not a young up and comer. This was a dumb fight to take. Now he's gonig to enjoy his extra dose of cte in retirement because of it. I hope his wife and family appreciate him for it.

Even if Bisping had taken zero shots to the brain from GSP, that punch from Kelvin would have KO'd him. It was right direction, right momentum, right place.

Straight up hit the off switch. This had zero to do with his last fight.

I had money on Bisping winning by the way.

This assumes Bisping would have fought the same fight and have had the same exact reflexes, speed and coordination as he would have had without getting f'ed up in the Gsp fight.

Maybe an undamaged Bisping doesn't get caught or utilizes a smarter game plan.

This assumes Bisping would have fought the same fight and have had the same exact reflexes, speed and coordination as he would have had without getting f'ed up in the Gsp fight.

Maybe an undamaged Bisping doesn't get caught or utilizes a smarter game plan.

Fair point. Still that just means his last fight 'might' have had an effect on this one, rather than the opening argument of this thread, that he was easily KO'd because of a recent concussion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back