Gsp defended the title 9 times,beat better competition and people still think fedor is greater?

Both were overrated but Fedor is great mixed martial artist he's just not god like people try and pretend he is.

GSP Just fought a bunch of overrated graplers with sub par striking.

And he took four years off from the sport after Hendricks kicked his ass came back and cherry picked the easiest fight in middle weight against a guy who no longer belongs in the top 10.

Last edited:
Jones destroyed champion after champion easily as fuck. I am more confident that Jones could beat any potential opponent then I have been about any fighter ever..... Seriously have you guys seen Jones fight?

Fedor was in so much more trouble in his career then Jones has ever been. How many times have you seen Jones rocked or slammed on his head?
who's talking about jones?

isnt he a cheater first class?

a great fighter yes.

but not mentioned in the op

it is either fedor or gsp ... just pick one

CleanGreatBufeo.gif

<{yahyou}>
Fedor-Strikeforce-weigh-in-440x250.jpg

ab17aa2e425f5ed508a15529219f482b

GSP is awesome.

His competition is incredibly overrated.

Is it because they blatantly cheated, or simply because of PED usage? I'm only asking because if cheating is an issue for you then GSP is definitely off the list because he went out to fight each round slathered in grease for quite a few fights before he was caught.

I assume the poster meant because of PED's. In terms of general cheating, GSP and Anderson both regularly used grease (Google for gifs of Anderson spreading it over his body), Jones used eye pokes. I'm not aware of Fedor doing anything but using the ropes against Lindland, who for his part used the ropes to get Fedor into the corner in the first place.

The point about PED's is that even if everyone uses (quite likely), those who get caught are either so poor they only have access to easily tested PED's (not the case for any MMA fighter at the UFC level, let alone champs), have an IQ hovering around 60 (following cycling instructions is very simple, in fact an IQ of 60 is probably too high a number), or are caught because they're trying to use more than anyone who passes the tests are using (the difference between getting away with driving 10 mph over the speed limit and getting caught because you're going 50 mph over the speed limit).

For my part, I think GSP, Fedor, Anderson and Jones (in no particular order) are the GOATs. Which one is number depends upon when you ask me, a strong case can be made for all four, depending upon the criteria ... though most of the time I guess I go with the "OAT has to be a HW, since weight divisions are artificial" school of thought - most sports simply don't have size categories.

But that too is subjective, I'm I'm old enough to know that expecting everyone to agree is like expecting everyone to agree on what's the best book, the best movie, the best music - ie its never going to happen, people are far too different to agree on subjective things like that.

Last edited:
GSP is the GOAT. Fedor is a worthy backup opinion though, with some legit arguments for it. I hope GSP doesn't end his career here - I would love to see him fight Woodley.

Anyone calling GSP the goat is ridiculous. The only well rounded fighter he beat during his reign on top was Thiago Alves.

He also lost to Hendricks

GSP is the GOAT. Fedor is a worthy backup opinion though, with some legit arguments for it. I hope GSP doesn't end his career here - I would love to see him fight Woodley.
Again have you kids watched Jones fight? Matt Serra wouldn't ko Jon Jones kid

In all the goat arguements gsp is the clear winner... jones is the goat in the ped division

Again have you kids watched Jones fight? Matt Serra wouldn't ko Jon Jones kid
If we are considering fighters who have been busted for PED violations, I would be fine with ranking Jones first, Anderson second, GSP third and Fedor fourth.

Back