GSP - Dana won't allow me to fight the winner of Khabib-Conor

GSP wouldn’t fight Habib if he won anyway.

Who the fuck are we kidding.

It’s Georgie we’re talking about here.

Yeah. GSP totally dodges all the best guys in his divison.

Wait...what?

Titles don't mean shit anymore anyways. If GSP wants to fight the winner of Khabib and Conor, so be it, and WME would be utter morons to not make it happen. It will easily be the highest selling UFC PPV ever, and that's all WME gives a shit about.

If GSP wins the LW belt and vacates, the UFC still has another LW title fight. If GSP loses in his bid for his third title, the UFC still has another LW title fight. GSP winning or losing makes zero fucking difference because there will always be another title fight, whether it's someone defending a belt or two fighters vying for one. GSP fighting anyone other than the LW champion is pretty much pointless.

I get why neither Conor or Khabib fans want this fight to happen though. Their bromance crushes will both get put in their place, and their fans know it.

Don't be scared Dana!
E4geowK.jpg
Such a wicked pic. Here's one for you, if you like the black and white :
STOCKTON sLAP.png

Dana ain't running things no more and wme are looking for short term gains f anything else

Couldn't they just make it a non title fight? It would still outsell anything the UFC has done before.
Meh, they'll just make another Interim belt for it. I'm surprised they just don't make three belts for every weight class.
They could just give the mic to all the fighters in the div, and crown the biggest loudmouth, with trendiest image, and name him Champ.

Last edited:
I can see Dana's point of view but he's taking away a fight the fans really want for his own purposes.

And Conor is any better?
Depends on the school of thought you prescribe to I suppose.

Many high level athletes, celebrities and public figures who are In many cases far richer than Conor still continue to perform at the highest level.

At the end of the day the money, status, power and lifestyle that comes along with their career Is far too attractive to just give up.

There's no evidence that Indicates Conor Is any different.

GSP is In the twilight of his career. He's already retired once, he's 37 years old. His next fight may be his last.

The UFC is likely confident that Conor will continue to fight / defend If he wins, presuming their contract negotiations went well, the money and the percentages are right. That seems to have been the Issue to begin with that kept him out after the Floyd fight for so long.

The UFC is likely confident that Conor will continue to fight / defend If he wins
Like every other time he has defended in his career? But, why would you admit that? You are after all, unbiased, and not a Conor Fanboy after all.

Do you ever find It unusual that you can't even make a post on this forum If It's not Conor related?
I already told you what I am, and why I am here. At least I am honest about it, not like yourself.

can't blame Dana though really.

He knows that In the chance GSP wins

he'll likely vacate the title and retire

It would be a massive fight but In the grand scheme, Is it worth It for the ufc?
Just wait until papa WME tells their son Dana to make the fight.

I’m with Dana on this. Georges cherrypicks the MW champ then vacates, making a mockery and a mess of the division. Then Gsp cherrypicks from smaller guys and if he wins,will most likely then vacate, again making a mockery and leaving mess.

What does the UFC gain from allowing Gsp to come in for a one-off to possible ruin one of their stars who are sure to pay off for more than just a one-off. Not to mention Gsp cherrypicking the best and smallest opponents of all viable opponents for him.

Georges needs to fight either Whitaker, Woodley or Anderson.

Like every other time he has defended in his career? But, why would you admit that? You are after all, unbiased, and not a Conor Fanboy after all.
I tend to understand and respect the decision to fight Floyd

and I also feel like money negotiations were a huge factor keeping him out of action afterwards as well. The UFC and WME were just as much to blame for him not coming back sooner.

I understand thinking he was ducking, scared, never fighting again, or whatever other strange parallel reality people like to create for themselves Is the more attractive thing to believe.

Those are just very extreme examples when the reality Is far simpler. It's just a matter of the average person, such as yourself not paying attention to the deeper politics and business taking place behind the scenes.

But of course, me even acknowledging that there are other angles to consider makes me a fanboy In your mind. It's more an example of the extremist reality you live In than anything.

That said, this thread Isn't even about Conor. You can't even go a single thread without posting about him, throwing hate about him. Yet you cannot see the hypocrisy In it all.

Last edited:
Back