GSP Called Out of Retirement by Chael Sonnen (After Losing in Practice)

GSP vs. Sonnen

• Total voters
chael was / is an amazing talker - he could easily go back to his old ways as well given the conor drout - would root for him a bit more this time i think

Can't decide.

GSP is better, but Sonnen is a big fucker who knows how to wrestle too. Maybe GSP would end up jabbing him to boredom.

Sonnen was/is a one deminsional wrestler. Sonnen doing well against Anderson just shows how Anderson had a gaping weakness. Jones and Rashad beat him without breaking a sweat
Jones is MASSIVE and the arguable GOAT to most people. Rashad was a great fighter and a large, bad stylistic matchup for Sonnen. Georges is neither of those things.

I'm not even a Sonnen fan, just being realistic.

He was the guy pushing for this kind of testing !
I am sure he looks fine.

I know he was ... If he looks close to the same when/if he comes back.. He will be in the conversation as the G.O.A.T or discussion with one or two other people..

this is futile. sonnen isn't cutting to 170, and gsp is too scared to go to 185. maybe at a catchweight. i think sonnen wins if they were to fight there.

Jones is MASSIVE and the arguable GOAT to most people. Rashad was a great fighter and a large, bad stylistic matchup for Sonnen. Georges is neither of those things.

I'm not even a Sonnen fan, just being realistic.

Rashad was large in what universe? Sounds like you are making excuses for that loss. GSP is more than good enough to stop Sonnen from taking him down. GSP a much better striker

I want this fight. GSP would win and Chael will pop post but goddamn will it be fun.

Rashad was large in what universe? Sounds like you are making excuses for that loss. GSP is more than good enough to stop Sonnen from taking him down. GSP a much better striker
Rashad is a much larger man than GSP, if you're arguing that he isn't you're in denial.

Wonder what year it was, I doubt the GSP that showed up against Hendricks beats Sonnen, even in practice

Idk I think that Hendricks was a different beast than the one that lost to Wonderboy.

He should not have held back and should have used his spinning fists

Rashad is a much larger man than GSP, if you're arguing that he isn't you're in denial.

He is but size alone doesn't guarantee a result.

Sonnen is much bigger than GSP but he doesn't have KO power and the ability to submit GSP

Why not...Although if possible should be at WW. GSP was/is definitely one of the greatest, but I think some of the monsters in MW would be too much for him. His return to WW would be pretty sweet. Nick Diaz should come back to fight too.

I dunno, Sonnen started out his Nog & the bus story with "This is a true story".

A straight up gangster either way.

Can't decide.

GSP is better, but Sonnen is a big fucker who knows how to wrestle too. Maybe GSP would end up jabbing him to boredom.

This is exactly what would happen. Sonnen might land a couple takedowns, but I'm not convinced it would ultimately make a diffence. Chael would get jabbed to death.

"I would love to kick Georges' ass," Sonnen said. "I'll tell you this. This is a true story. I got a call one day and it was from Kenny Florian, and he says ‘hey, you want to work out?' I was in LA and I said yeah, and he goes, ‘okay, well Georges is in town. Do you want to work out with Georges?' And I said yeah. So we go to this gym.

"We went hard. I think I could've gone harder, but we went hard, and I came in second. And it drove me nuts, man. It drove me nuts. But I really think I could've done better. It was close. It was fine. If you ask him, he might try to put me over. I'm not trying to put him over right now, I'm just telling you what happened. He won that go, but I could've done better with him, and it's driven me nuts ever since. I thought, man, I could've gotten that guy. I could've done better.

"He knew he got the best of me," Sonnen continued. "So at the end of the workout, he tried to pay me a compliment. He goes, ‘thanks for not using your size; if you would've used your size, you really could've crushed me,' which was really his way of saying, ‘hey man, I just beat you.' And I knew what he meant, and I knew it was meant to be a nice thing. It stuck with me, man. This is a workout that was years ago and it stuck with me."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/23/11753944/chael-sonnen-would-love-to-kick-georges-st-pierres-ass
I would personally love to see this fight. GSP vs. Sonnen at 185 lbs. Two of the best wrestlers in MMA history.

Back