GSP Called Out of Retirement by Chael Sonnen (After Losing in Practice)

GSP vs. Sonnen

• Total voters
no thanks

Sonnen will ever be a scammer
not buying his snake oil.

Well didn't he get busted for multiple professional cheating situations. I guess admitted banned substance use, trt exemptions for a healthy adult male and real estate fraud make Sonnen trustworthy in your eyes.

Sorry brother the guy is a documented liar and a cheat.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chael+sonnen+steroids&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari

Well fucking done!

I think you may be confused...

He was clearly talking about GSP being clean, or at least not assumed guilty, not Sonnen.

So Chael wants a big fat PPV check.

More important it seems he wants back asap the moment the suspension is up.

Chael needs to move into the mountains and stop bothering everybody.

images

Is this going to be next year's Summerslam no way I see this happening in the UFC. :)

chael is way bigger

unfair matchup

weight divisions exist for a reason

lol at people thinking chael really wants to fight him, he was putting him over. Chael is a HUGE gsp guy, he always says that gsp is the best ever.

Weird story but in a fight Sonnen would win.

Im not so sure about that,if he lost to him in a grappling match. Its not like chael is a big finisher with strikes. It does make for an interesting contest though. Book it.

All respect to that guy.

He sells himself. Not necessarily the fight, but him being in it. He talks major sass. I like the guy. I don't like some of the shit he said to make that second Spider fight happen. But, at least with Chael. You KNOW it's schtick.

But he has nothing for GSP on his best day. Even at GSP'S worst, and Chael's best. I see nothing but a 50-45. Maybe he steals a round somehow, for a 49-46... But I really doubt it.

P.S.
I voted GSP, and I want the fight. But really what I want to see is GSP. The opponent is of little consequence. I'd just like to see him fight one more time.

I don't think most of us believed that the Hendricks fight was going to be his last. If I had known I would have tried harder to appreciate it in real time. But, I did enjoy the fight and scored it for GSP.

Did you not understand Chael clearly said between the lines he could probably have dominated GSP had he went harder, and that GSP would probably agree if being asked.

sonnen has a big size advantage but GSP is smarter, stronger mentally and 100 times better standing so i think he can keep it standing for most of the fight and turn sonnen into a punching bag

but i hope he doesn't get the payday, he doesn't deserve it, put him against someone who kill beat him half to death for little money

Would only wanna see Chael fight Wandy if he came back.

No thanks!. GSP is the WW champ and one of the best, if he comes back he deserves to fight the top guys. not Sonnen.

HAHAHAHA That's classic.

"He goes, ‘thanks for not using your size; if you would've used your size, you really could've crushed me,' which was really his way of saying, ‘hey man, I just beat you.' "

"I would love to kick Georges' ass," Sonnen said. "I'll tell you this. This is a true story. I got a call one day and it was from Kenny Florian, and he says ‘hey, you want to work out?' I was in LA and I said yeah, and he goes, ‘okay, well Georges is in town. Do you want to work out with Georges?' And I said yeah. So we go to this gym.

"We went hard. I think I could've gone harder, but we went hard, and I came in second. And it drove me nuts, man. It drove me nuts. But I really think I could've done better. It was close. It was fine. If you ask him, he might try to put me over. I'm not trying to put him over right now, I'm just telling you what happened. He won that go, but I could've done better with him, and it's driven me nuts ever since. I thought, man, I could've gotten that guy. I could've done better.

"He knew he got the best of me," Sonnen continued. "So at the end of the workout, he tried to pay me a compliment. He goes, ‘thanks for not using your size; if you would've used your size, you really could've crushed me,' which was really his way of saying, ‘hey man, I just beat you.' And I knew what he meant, and I knew it was meant to be a nice thing. It stuck with me, man. This is a workout that was years ago and it stuck with me."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/23/11753944/chael-sonnen-would-love-to-kick-georges-st-pierres-ass

lol guys who are assholes hate losing to the humble guy who tries to be nice afterwords. drives them insane.

GSP has a super legit case for being the best MMA fighter of all time and was known to be able to hang with the much bigger Evans back in the day who smashed Sonnen.

Not a reach at all to think GSP takes this easily.
When you start saying things like "takes it easily", that's ridiculous. GSP wouldn't have hung with Anderson back in the day, and a lot of the guys Sonnen fought.

Wonder if GSP would do it at 185

Surprise, surprise -- phony Chael thinks everyone else is phony, too.

When you start saying things like "takes it easily", that's ridiculous. GSP wouldn't have hung with Anderson back in the day, and a lot of the guys Sonnen fought.

Sonnen was/is a one deminsional wrestler. Sonnen doing well against Anderson just shows how Anderson had a gaping weakness. Jones and Rashad beat him without breaking a sweat

Back