GSP Called Out of Retirement by Chael Sonnen (After Losing in Practice)

GSP vs. Sonnen

• Total voters
Receiving an insincere compliment from a dude who just out class you will always suck. It's a nice guys way of saying "you're my bitch".

I'm not sure to what degree or limitations the training was, but there are two things GSP struggles with, a great defensive wrestler or heavy hands or both. These are two things i don't recall Chael having although he is relentless and always pushes, I can see GSP outboxing and taking Chael down.

I never want to see Chael sonnen fight so no thanks, save a GSP return for someone who's not a clown

All respect to that guy.

He sells himself. Not necessarily the fight, but him being in it. He talks major sass. I like the guy. I don't like some of the shit he said to make that second Spider fight happen. But, at least with Chael. You KNOW it's schtick.

But he has nothing for GSP on his best day. Even at GSP'S worst, and Chael's best. I see nothing but a 50-45. Maybe he steals a round somehow, for a 49-46... But I really doubt it.

P.S.
I voted GSP, and I want the fight. But really what I want to see is GSP. The opponent is of little consequence. I'd just like to see him fight one more time.

I don't think most of us believed that the Hendricks fight was going to be his last. If I had known I would have tried harder to appreciate it in real time. But, I did enjoy the fight and scored it for GSP.

I'll take chael at his best over gsp at his worst

You literally have no basis whatsoever to make the assertion you are trying to.

Welcome to " THE FREE WORLD ".

Apparently now you are just allowed to assume a fighter is cheating... Until they finally catch up with them to prove it.

The fact that the fighter may actually be clean. Is of very little consequence.

Well fucking done.

Pull your skirt down b

Chael is bullshitting here. But I voted Chael & no thanks, lol.

He'd be too big I think...but it doesn't matter because it'll never happen.

You literally have no basis whatsoever to make the assertion you are trying to.

Welcome to " THE FREE WORLD ".

Apparently now you are just allowed to assume a fighter is cheating... Until they finally catch up with them to prove it.

The fact that the fighter may actually be clean. Is of very little consequence.

Well fucking done.

Well didn't he get busted for multiple professional cheating situations. I guess admitted banned substance use, trt exemptions for a healthy adult male and real estate fraud make Sonnen trustworthy in your eyes.

Sorry brother the guy is a documented liar and a cheat.

https://www.google.ca/search?q=chael+sonnen+steroids&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari

Well fucking done!

I love post PED scandal Chael. He still keeps it slightly Oregon gangster in other topics, but overall he's way more genuinely likable and candid than his previous image.

Honestly I hespekt the hell outta him for what he did for himself. He was never champ material, and knowing that he unabashedly did everything possible to win/mark his brand in and outside the cage. I'd easily follow his blueprint.

GSP would have his way with Chael. Chael mentally quit when he got outwrestled by Rashad and he was taking hard shots at the same time. I get Rashad is at 205 but GSP is strong and I think he'd maybe even finish Chael

tumblr_o0x4anfUf11ry1rm7o6_r1_500_zpsnu5k2eer.gif

Chael out of competition is 225ish and fully PED loaded...
GSP is an average sized WW by today's standards...
Should tell yo what you need to know

Obviously joking. Everyone should know by now that Chael is one of GSP'S biggest fanboys/nuthuggers.

Sonnen wins relatively easy in a fight. He isn't better than GSP in a P4P sense, but he's just way to big. He would smother GSP to an easy 50-45. Sonnen loves GSP btw. He's borderline nut hugger. Everyone saying he's a hater has never heard Sonnen speak.

Chael absolutely destroyed on the MMA hour. 1 hour of awesome and epicness. Vintage Chael.

Even Ariel teared up.

All respect to that guy.

He sells himself. Not necessarily the fight, but him being in it. He talks major sass. I like the guy. I don't like some of the shit he said to make that second Spider fight happen. But, at least with Chael. You KNOW it's schtick.

But he has nothing for GSP on his best day. Even at GSP'S worst, and Chael's best. I see nothing but a 50-45. Maybe he steals a round somehow, for a 49-46... But I really doubt it.

P.S.
I voted GSP, and I want the fight. But really what I want to see is GSP. The opponent is of little consequence. I'd just like to see him fight one more time.

I don't think most of us believed that the Hendricks fight was going to be his last. If I had known I would have tried harder to appreciate it in real time. But, I did enjoy the fight and scored it for GSP.
This post reeks of delusional GSP fanboyism

Like bad

GSP gets wrecked. He'd rather fight at LW than MW, anyway.

Holy shit Sonnen said something interesting and not crazy. Good story. I think Sonnen would likely win on the mat, he's too big, but i think GSP has a big advantage on the feet. St.Pierre relied on his striking less as his career went on but in reality it was his dominant striking that led to his ability to take guys down and what made him so great. He changed angles so well and was able to consistently make accurate contact when he did strike and if he would have utilized a strike only gameplan against Hendricks i really don't think that fight would have been so close. I'm sure the only reason he didn't do that is because he was scared of being KO'd as Hendricks at the time could do that (i'd be shocked if he wasn't roided out, dude looks way different post USADA). It's a shame because i think his chin was actually a lot better than he gave himself credit for, in reality Serra could bang and anyone can get caught when your fighting the elite guys in your division.

Back