GSP Called Out of Retirement by Chael Sonnen (After Losing in Practice)

GSP vs. Sonnen

• Total voters

ReadWrite

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
"I would love to kick Georges' ass," Sonnen said. "I'll tell you this. This is a true story. I got a call one day and it was from Kenny Florian, and he says ‘hey, you want to work out?' I was in LA and I said yeah, and he goes, ‘okay, well Georges is in town. Do you want to work out with Georges?' And I said yeah. So we go to this gym.

"We went hard. I think I could've gone harder, but we went hard, and I came in second. And it drove me nuts, man. It drove me nuts. But I really think I could've done better. It was close. It was fine. If you ask him, he might try to put me over. I'm not trying to put him over right now, I'm just telling you what happened. He won that go, but I could've done better with him, and it's driven me nuts ever since. I thought, man, I could've gotten that guy. I could've done better.

"He knew he got the best of me," Sonnen continued. "So at the end of the workout, he tried to pay me a compliment. He goes, ‘thanks for not using your size; if you would've used your size, you really could've crushed me,' which was really his way of saying, ‘hey man, I just beat you.' And I knew what he meant, and I knew it was meant to be a nice thing. It stuck with me, man. This is a workout that was years ago and it stuck with me."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2016/5/23/11753944/chael-sonnen-would-love-to-kick-georges-st-pierres-ass

Wonder what year it was, I doubt the GSP that showed up against Hendricks beats Sonnen, even in practice

When he is not promoting, Sonnen is pretty reasonable and objective. He said GSP is the GOAT because he trained with him and fought Anderson and Jones and GSP is the best fighter in the UFC.

I voted:

GSP
No, thanks!

Dont recall Sonnen bringing that up when Georges was on his show.

Only voted I want this fight bc I want to see gsp in octagon again
Don't care against wh
Cmon George's!! One more time

Wonder what year it was, I doubt the GSP that showed up against Hendricks beats Sonnen, even in practice

I doubt USDA Sonnen beats much of anyone nowadays. The guy was taking a plethora of PEDs trying to stay relevant.

Lol would suck to have sonnens attitude, wants to be and beat the best, always comes up short, then it eats at him for a while. He's done well for himself though.

jefe.jpg

All respect to that guy.

He sells himself. Not necessarily the fight, but him being in it. He talks major sass. I like the guy. I don't like some of the shit he said to make that second Spider fight happen. But, at least with Chael. You KNOW it's schtick.

But he has nothing for GSP on his best day. Even at GSP'S worst, and Chael's best. I see nothing but a 50-45. Maybe he steals a round somehow, for a 49-46... But I really doubt it.

P.S.
I voted GSP, and I want the fight. But really what I want to see is GSP. The opponent is of little consequence. I'd just like to see him fight one more time.

I don't think most of us believed that the Hendricks fight was going to be his last. If I had known I would have tried harder to appreciate it in real time. But, I did enjoy the fight and scored it for GSP.

Last edited:
I doubt USDA Sonnen beats much of anyone nowadays. The guy was taking a plethora of PEDs trying to stay relevant.

The real question is what USADA GSP looks like....

Should be interesting if he comes back..

Shit even on PEDs Gsp would tap him out in 1 round lol.

"I am the best wrestler in MMA and only Georges can dispute that" or something like that

Prime Gsp>>>>>>Post Surgery GSP>Welches Chael>>>>Grey abducted GSP>Regular Chael

Lol with TRT banned, how is Chael gonna mask his roids? Mfer probably won't even get licensed to fight without PEDs lol and after getting busted 2x, you don't think they're lieterally gonna test the shit out of him? Fight ain't happening...

The real question is what USADA GSP looks like....

Should be interesting if he comes back..

You literally have no basis whatsoever to make the assertion you are trying to.

Welcome to " THE FREE WORLD ".

Apparently now you are just allowed to assume a fighter is cheating... Until they finally catch up with them to prove it.

The fact that the fighter may actually be clean. Is of very little consequence.

Well fucking done.

Back