GSP and the easy match up syndrome.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Man Who do you think he can't beat? Yoel? Whiteker? Conor? Khabib? Tyron?

Seriously think about this for at least 10 seconds. He would win all of those fights pretty easily minus a fluke.
He has already fought versions of each of these guys over the years and never lost a fucking round! His last fight he looked a bit slow and gassed. But then he beat the guy that was champ one weight class above, the same guy that use to fight two weight classes above, after 4 years layoff. Yeah Ping was a chump. I mean his best wins were just A silva, Dan Henderson, and Rockhold. And sure, he holds a lot of UFC records, but like that matters.

The actual irony of this whole new look on GSP, is that he is coming down to lightweight, a weight that most fighters his size would have went to by default. He won't be the same GSP that fought 10 years ago, but he will still be a competent GSP at fucking lightweight. And that should make anyone in the division pretty damn worried.

Conor is the only fight out of the 5 you listed that he wins. Maybe he beats Khabib. Woodley, Yoel, Whittaker all finish him violently.

GSP beats pretty much anyone.

yoel caves his head in. GSP gets permanently hurt in that fight, and it's an ugly, bone-crunching KO.

he absolutely trashes khabib and conor, mops the floor with both of them.

woodley would be the most competitive, could see it going either way.

He'd lose to Yoel imo maybe Whittaker but yea WW and lower aren't gonna beat GSP

It's not easy matchup syndrome. He has already went through the grueling battle of beating guys of this caliber. The motivation to go through all of that again with little feeling of accomplishment is not worth it to him. He needs big matches to get the fire going, like Khabib, or Tyron if he dominated 2-3 more fights etc. There is also permanently moving to MW but I don't think he believes in himself in that division.

I think he beats Conor and perhaps Khabib. Woodley at this point probably not.

Yoel or Whittaker he gets brutally finished.

He wouldn't win all of those especially not "easily"

If he believed he could he would fight them.

After what hendricks did and tapping to strikes to serra, those heavy hitters would cause him Problems.

GSP beats Conor and Kebab
GSP could beat Whittaker
GSP loses to Tyron and Yoel

yoel caves his head in. GSP gets permanently hurt in that fight, and it's an ugly, bone-crunching KO.

he absolutely trashes khabib and conor, mops the floor with both of them.

woodley would be the most competitive, could see it going either way.

Woodley? ha, woodley lost a decision to Rory, GSP is so much better than Rory.

Gsp should fight woodley,khabib and whats left of conor. He should never go anywhere near 185 again

I find it a bit troublesome that he no longer has the desire or motivation to test himself.

Joe Rogan and Schaub say it all the time- If that thought ever crosses your mind then get out of fighting.

I think he beats Khabib and Conor fairly straightforwardly. Woodley is a very interesting fight and it's hard to say but I'd lean towards GSP. Whittaker and Yoel are very tough and are the guys I would love to see him try and beat.

Woodley? ha, woodley lost a decision to Rory, GSP is so much better than Rory.
and GSP got KO'd by serra, woodley is much better than serra.

woodley is stylistically a tough matchup for GSP, no matter how you slice it.

I’m not dumb enough to say GSP gets crushed, he has proven over and over just how good and tough he is, but GSP looked bad in his last fight and struggled a bit too much for my liking against an opponent as beatable as it gets.

He is not in his prime and all those guys are, let him have his super fights, he has earned whatever he wants

Honestly GSP easily beats prime GSP at this point. GSP > GSP
GOATs recognize time travelling GOATs.

Gsp smashes them all. Could be 4 weight division champ. Possibly 5. Unbelievable what he's done and clean

GSP has never fought anyone like Romero... wtf are you talking about?

Man Who do you think he can't beat? Yoel? Whiteker? Conor? Khabib? Tyron?

Seriously think about this for at least 10 seconds. He would win all of those fights pretty easily minus a fluke.
He has already fought versions of each of these guys over the years and never lost a fucking round! His last fight he looked a bit slow and gassed. But then he beat the guy that was champ one weight class above, the same guy that use to fight two weight classes above, after 4 years layoff. Yeah Ping was a chump. I mean his best wins were just A silva, Dan Henderson, and Rockhold. And sure, he holds a lot of UFC records, but like that matters.

The actual irony of this whole new look on GSP, is that he is coming down to lightweight, a weight that most fighters his size would have went to by default. He won't be the same GSP that fought 10 years ago, but he will still be a competent GSP at fucking lightweight. And that should make anyone in the division pretty damn worried.
Romero...

Back