GSP and Robert Whittaker Cross paths backstage At UFC 217

Is there any other option for GSP besides fighting Robert ?. I didn't think so but apparently it's not what people want or think is right.

I like both dudes but I think GSP is better than Whittaker everywhere.

If they ever fight I see Whitaker being wary of the TD which will compromise his striking effectiveness. And with GSP having shaken off any ring rust and with the confidence he's regained after the Bisping fight...I just don't see RW having what it takes to beat him.

Everywhere? RW is for sure a more talented striker with more power. He also didn't look gun-shy against Yoel, so I'm not sure why you think he would be against Georges. Still, I think GSP probably wins, but for different reasons I guess.

Whittaker shows respect then stops him in the first.

Did Freddy Mercury have a Queen sized bed?

Just wondering is all.

He already is. But if he did win that fight then... his haters would still find a way to discredit him.

After a potential 25 minute domination of a bigger and younger prime challenger.. "boring ass GSP can't even finish anyone"

Everywhere? RW is for sure a more talented striker with more power. He also didn't look gun-shy against Yoel, so I'm not sure why you think he would be against Georges. Still, I think GSP probably wins, but for different reasons I guess.

Taking one aspect of MMA like "striking" is foolhardy. You can't separate the skills because elite grapplers have made elite strikers (who feared the ground) look bad.

elite grappling w/average striking > elite striking w/average grappling

After a potential 25 minute domination of a bigger and younger prime challenger.. "boring ass GSP can't even finish anyone"

Or something like "Whittaker is so bad he had to run away from the WW division!"

GSP haters have a lot of imagination when it comes to discredit GSP and they have to because it's pretty damn hard to do so at this point.

He already is. But if he did win that fight then... his haters would still find a way to discredit him.
I have hated him for 10 years until he finally finished another fighter. Now he has a chance to win some people over by taking a legit fight with a guy like Whittaker or Woodley. If he opts for another easy fight like Diaz or McGregor then he goes right back into the lame column

Huh. Whittaker got some size on him.

I really like Bobby Knuckles. I could live with him being the one to beat my boy GSP out of the sport.

Unlike Bisping. I would have handled GSP losing to Bisping...poorly.

I won't be surprised if GSP never fights Whitaker, if he did it would be murder

If they ever fight I see Whitaker being wary of the TD which will compromise his striking effectiveness. And with GSP having shaken off any ring rust and with the confidence he's regained after the Bisping fight...I just don't see RW having what it takes to beat him.

Rob beats the breaks off him. Badly. We all got caught up in moment at 217, but rewatched and GSP did not look good. He is the easiest fight in the MW top 5 by far. Bisping, skillwise, ain't even top 15 in the division. It was fun and nostalgic, but GSP has no business at 185. He gone get hurt.

How do you see GSP winninng? I thought he looked slow. Explosiveness gone. Easy fight for anyone in the top 5, IMO.

Huh. Whittaker got some size on him.

I really like Bobby Knuckles. I could live with him being the one to beat my boy GSP out of the sport.

Unlike Bisping. I would have handled GSP losing to Bisping...poorly.

Bisping's a prick pre fight, but generally a really good sport afterwards, win or lose. You wouldn't have been too mad, he's a class act, after fights.

And I get hyping a fight, but Bisping really crosses the line sometimes, and just comes off like a real tool.

Whittaker doesn't fear the takedown, seeing how gsp gassed against bisping.

Whittaker tears him a part standing.

Gsp is obviously past it, if anyone beats him you want it to be a humble guy like Whittaker. Gsp knows he will struggle with this fight, you can tell gsp truly struggled making MW and he doesn't want to do it again.

If GSP doesn't want to fight Whittaker I'd be fine with it.

Bisping's a prick pre fight, but generally a really good sport afterwards, win or lose. You wouldn't have been too mad, he's a class act, after fights.

And I get hyping a fight, but Bisping really crosses the line sometimes, and just comes off like a real tool.
Bisping let's the emotion get to him sometimes and crosses it but he genuinely is a good bloke.

Since the fights happened I've sort of gotten over him not taking Whittaker/gsp, he has done so much for the sport and he just wanted that 1 big fight before he retires.

Back