GSP and Dana confirm 230 or 231 maybe be an option

So is GSP all cured of his duckulitis now? I thought he was much, much too sick to fight anyone or was that just when it was a top MW?

Don't kid yourself. Money talks. GSP is the biggest money fight for Conor outside of Floyd debuting in MMA. If Conor beats Khabib, a fight with GSP would do double or triple the business of any other person you could put Conor in there with. Conor can sell a PPV on his own but as evidenced by the Floyd fight, if Conor has the right dance partner, it has potential to be ENORMOUS. If he beats Khabib do you HONESTLY think Conor is gonna go, yeah serve me up Dustin Poirer. No. He's gonna go for the biggest money fight. Which as it stands, is Georges St Pierre.

GSP isn't getting the Conor fight. Conor probably wouldn't even take that fight. Neither would Khabib.

Dana's going to force him to fight Woodley or Anderson. Those are the only fights that make sense. The only people that want to see him vs Conor are his fanboys.

I doubt he could even make 155.
Do you even watch mma? Only casuals think gsp can't make 155. Gsp is very close in size to Conor.

GSP vs Colby would be the perfect main event for Toronto, especially if they kept the interim belt on Covington.

GSP vs Anderson would be cool too.

Do you even watch mma? Only casuals think gsp can't make 155. Gsp is very close in size to Conor.

He just fought at MW and you think he's gonna make 155. He's never fought at LW. And you think he can make it based on what?

It depends on the outcome of Conor and Khabib. It will likely be Khabib and GSPs last fight if he beats Conor.

Don't kid yourself. Money talks. GSP is the biggest money fight for Conor outside of Floyd debuting in MMA. If Conor beats Khabib, a fight with GSP would do double or triple the business of any other person you could put Conor in there with. Conor can sell a PPV on his own but as evidenced by the Floyd fight, if Conor has the right dance partner, it has potential to be ENORMOUS. If he beats Khabib do you HONESTLY think Conor is gonna go, yeah serve me up Dustin Poirer. No. He's gonna go for the biggest money fight. Which as it stands, is Georges St Pierre.

That fight breaks 2 mill PPVs.

If Conor beats Khabib convincingly, He and GSP would be the biggest fight in UFC history.

GSP isn't getting the Conor fight. Conor probably wouldn't even take that fight. Neither would Khabib.

Dana's going to force him to fight Woodley or Anderson. Those are the only fights that make sense. The only people that want to see him vs Conor are his fanboys.

da fuck? Khabib called GSP out in the octagon after he beat Al, and has reiterated his desire to fight Georges. Khabib would definitely take the fight.

I can easily see Khabib taking that fight.. why wouldn't he want to take it, if he already said he would love to do it.

It depends on the outcome of Conor and Khabib. It will likely be Khabib and GSPs last fight if he beats Conor.
I think this rules that theory out quite a bit because they are looking at 2 events immediately following the Connor fight

That fight breaks 2 mill PPVs.

If Conor beats Khabib convincingly, He and GSP would be the biggest fight in UFC history.
I see the possibility of GSP fighting based on the opposite outcome. Conor will not agree to it

It's possible. I wouldn't count on it though.

This isn't boxing where the fighters take the lion's share of the PPV. The points that they get are limited, so in the end, it wouldn't amount to so much more than say a Poirer fight. Maybe he makes 5 million less, but he wouldn't have to get his ass kicked.

Just doesn't make sense from Conor's perspective.

I think the Khabib fight would be awesome if Khabib beats Conor that is the one to make imo

Neither Conor or Khabib are fighting again this year, I'm struggling to think who GSP would fight with how picky he currently is.

Yeah, this has me stumped too. In his press conference thing in Australia he said he wanted to fight this year, and Toronto is the most logical choice. Pretty certain the winner of Khabib/Conor isn't going to jump immediately into another training camp even if Dana made the fight.

I'm just crossing my fingers Silva/GSP somehow gets made at a catchweight, but not getting my hopes up.

Back