GSP’s Mentor Speaks Out After Recent Sparring Session: ‘He’s not ready for this Bisping fight’

my thoughts are if it were me i would've stayed retired, gsp had a chance to end his career on top holding the belt. Very few fighters get to end there careers like that.

I give gsp the benefit of the doubt that if he believes he still has the ability to compete and stands a chance I owe it to him to say he knows himself best.

However many fighters get that drive back but fail to realize that with age parts of you do as well, you lose speed, reflexes, timing, explosiveness, movement, ect....all these things you don't really get back once they deteriorate.

There's no way gsp is going to be as quick, sharp, responsive, ect like he was back when he fought fitch, or alves.

The time away is going to affect him, aging and slowing down will be a factor, and fighting for the first time at MW for 5 rounds will be a factor.

Sure at WW gsp can go 5 rounds and still have cardio, but with the weight difference who knows, what i he gasses by end of 2nd round or soomething.

gsp has to be able to take bispings punches, and hopefully be sharp enough to avoid as much strikes as possible and fight smart like he use to back in his prime.

I'm going to assume bisping hits harder than gsp, now gsp did eat hendricks shots, but sometimes its not getting hit by someone who hits real hard, it can also be just the right timing and placement of the strike.

I hope gsp knows what he's doing, many fighters made the same mistake and came back to go on a string of losses that tarnished there record. gsp has nothing to prove by coming back but if he feels he's got that fire inside again and believes and knows he's capable of competing against the current roster then all best to him.

I think people are still buying into the old GSP Aura too much and not looking at his last performance, how long ago that was and the fact this will be BY FAR the best opponent that he has ever faced. The game evolves at all merciless pace and is kind to no one that just takes a few years off.....throw in the massive size difference, USADA, the constant accusations and suspicion around GSP, the fact Bisping may be the USADGoAt and it gets even more unlikely he succeeds here.

UFC-Georges-St-Pierre-Michael-Bisping-879231.jpg
Bispings game has not evolved lol. You are stupid.

my thoughts are if it were me i would've stayed retired, gsp had a chance to end his career on top holding the belt. Very few fighters get to end there careers like that.

I give gsp the benefit of the doubt that if he believes he still has the ability to compete and stands a chance I owe it to him to say he knows himself best.

However many fighters get that drive back but fail to realize that with age parts of you do as well, you lose speed, reflexes, timing, explosiveness, movement, ect....all these things you don't really get back once they deteriorate.

There's no way gsp is going to be as quick, sharp, responsive, ect like he was back when he fought fitch, or alves.

The time away is going to affect him, aging and slowing down will be a factor, and fighting for the first time at MW for 5 rounds will be a factor.

Sure at WW gsp can go 5 rounds and still have cardio, but with the weight difference who knows, what i he gasses by end of 2nd round or soomething.

gsp has to be able to take bispings punches, and hopefully be sharp enough to avoid as much strikes as possible and fight smart like he use to back in his prime.

I'm going to assume bisping hits harder than gsp, now gsp did eat hendricks shots, but sometimes its not getting hit by someone who hits real hard, it can also be just the right timing and placement of the strike.

I hope gsp knows what he's doing, many fighters made the same mistake and came back to go on a string of losses that tarnished there record. gsp has nothing to prove by coming back but if he feels he's got that fire inside again and believes and knows he's capable of competing against the current roster then all best to him.

Bisping is overrated as hell. Luke would be heavily favored in a rematch, Anderson was far passed his prime, and Henderson was way, way passed his prime. Those are his best wins lol. GSP can take this.

There is an obvious reason why GSP chose to fight Bisping instead of Woodley.

$$$$$$

Plus he gets to add to his legacy.

Lol at people thinking the reason is because he is afraid to face Woodley.. Woodely is boring and that fight just wouldn't sell. Deal with it.

If GSP was afraid to face Woodley, he wouldn't have signed up to face Whitaker.

He got caught, like everyone does eventually, but recovered well and went on to win the round. What of it?
i was just making the point that TS's gifs were portraying bias, like gsp dominated condit the whole fight, when gsp was in big big trouble a couple of times in that fight.

don't be shocked if bisping somehow pulls this off.

There is an obvious reason why GSP chose to fight Bisping instead of Woodley.

$$$$$$

Plus he gets to add to his legacy.

Lol at people thinking the reason is because he is afraid to face Woodley.. Woodely is boring and that fight just wouldn't sell. Deal with it.

If GSP was afraid to face Woodley, he wouldn't have signed up to face Whitaker.
this.
gsp's buddy rory already made Woodley look like a fool. and im sure gsp thinks he can beat rory..

this is about making history and money. that's it.

i was just making the point that TS's gifs were portraying bias, like gsp dominated condit the whole fight, when gsp was in big big trouble a couple of times in that fight.

don't be shocked if bisping somehow pulls this off.
No, of course not. Anyone can get caught. But I give GSP about a 7 in 10 chance here.

I don't get people who keep saying he ran away from Silva. He didn't want to go up a weight class at that time, that's all. How is that running away?

No. He was terrified of silva. He was terrified of a rematch with Pre Usada Hendrix, is ducking TW, and tried to duck Bisping until sponsors were about to get pulled. If Silva was still champ, GSP would be still fleeing.

Silva is freakin 6"2 and way bigger than GSP. It wouldn't even have been a fair fight. Why should GSP gain weight and make all the sacrifices to fight him?

Way BIGGER. Bisping fought 205. Try again. even had a 14-0 record. GSP thinks he can dry hump his way to bogus corrupt decision win again. He will get planked.

Btw GSP had already planned on taking a break from the sport before the Hendricks fight even took place.

When, before he got beat to death, concussed, slurring his speech post robbery fight interview with rogan or before?

Bisping on the other hand is a ducking expert. Managed to avoid fighting any of the top guys in his own division.

Who? TRT HENDO? TRT vitor? Roided up Sonnen? Rockhold? the guy he 1punched? You wut mate?

Can't wait to quote these posts when GSP wins the fight.

By wins, you mean, saved by corrupt American judges?

Only way he wins, he gets saved again, the way he was saved by judges the last time he took a embarrassing decision before fleeing from the sport for his safety.

Hendrix murdered him. He took his soul. GSP has no heart hence tapping to strikes by GOAT MANLET SERA.

Bisping will spark him with ease.

I don't get people who keep saying he ran away from Silva. He didn't want to go up a weight class at that time, that's all. How is that running away?

Silva is freakin 6"2 and way bigger than GSP. It wouldn't even have been a fair fight. Why should GSP gain weight and make all the sacrifices to fight him?
What's with your fear of tall men? I'm freaking 5'8 and every man is taller than me. You think anyone feels sympathy for me if I don't want to fight a man 4" taller than me?

No. He was terrified of silva. He was terrified of a rematch with Pre Usada Hendrix, is ducking TW, and tried to duck Bisping until sponsors were about to get pulled. If Silva was still champ, GSP would be still fleeing.

Way BIGGER. Bisping fought 205. Try again. even had a 14-0 record. GSP thinks he can dry hump his way to bogus corrupt decision win again. He will get planked.

When, before he got beat to death, concussed, slurring his speech post robbery fight interview with rogan or before?

Who? TRT HENDO? TRT vitor? Roided up Sonnen? Rockhold? the guy he 1punched? You wut mate?

By wins, you mean, saved by corrupt American judges?

Only way he wins, he gets saved again, the way he was saved by judges the last time he took a embarrassing decision before fleeing from the sport for his safety.

Hendrix murdered him. He took his soul. GSP has no heart hence tapping to strikes by GOAT MANLET SERA.

Bisping will spark him with ease.
Most retarded post I have read in a long time.

What's with your fear of tall men? I'm freaking 5'8 and every man is taller than me. You think anyone feels sympathy for me if I don't want to fight a man 4" taller than me?
Wtf are you even talking about? No one gives jack shit about you.

this.
gsp's buddy rory already made Woodley look like a fool. and im sure gsp thinks he can beat rory..

this is about making history and money. that's it.

BOTH of Gsp’s buddies made him look like a fool, he trained with marquart a lot back in the day.

Back when Cote and Marquart were @ 185 and doing well he said one of the reasons he didn’t want to move up to 185 was he didn’t want to take away from their chances at a title run.

He KNOWS if they can do that to Woodley he can too.

Woodley fight offers nothing to him.

No draw
Already owned the WW division.
His buddies made him look amature

If anyone thinks George is ducking Woodley they are delusional newcomers.

He is completely uninterested in 170, he’s the 170 goat time to try something new.

If wood wants that fight he needs to move up to 185 and challenge a run for the title there. He’s already told bisping he thought about going up to 185 to fight him so why not put his money where his mouth is and give it s shot.

Fight Yoel or Luke and challenge GSP after he beats bobby knuckles.

I've never heard of that guy before in my life. Forcing people to go to the link to see who he's talking about should be a bannable offence

Who knows if he is ready but you have to be baked to think Georges is gonna come back 4 years later, another ACL surgery later and be what he once was.

It's not a video game. I want him to win badly but I think Bisping is gonna beat him.

I feel exactly the same way. I'm rooting hard for GSP, but the people who think he's going to breeze through Bisping are fucking nuts.

He looked bad against Hendricks 4 years ago, now it's 4 years later in a fast moving sport, ring rust, up against a guy who looks every bit a weight division above, who has been on a solid run, active, is a good kickboxer, with good TDD.

I wouldn't be shocked if GSP won, but Bisping should be the favourite. I'm kind of amazed the bookies favour GSP.

I wish George's stayed retired.

Or took a fight with Mcgregor. That's the only fight I want to see him involved in.

I have thought that Bisping would kick his ass in any form he showed up in. Bisping is a difficult matchup for him....

The GSP hate flows strong in this thread.

GSP beat a prime, pre USADA Hendricks. 1 3 5. Watch it again. He needed to leave because CAMPS like Hendricks identified the holes in GSPs game.

I'd assume he comes back much better. Will he win? Only if he takes a page from Jake Shields and Kennedy and ruthlessly mauls him.

Back