G's Tactical Barbell / MT Log

Thats awesome man, stick to the KB swings and build up, I gaurantee you will se improvements.

Yeah it's pretty awesome - I'm still on course. I change up the weights once in a while, sometimes I do 2 handed with the 32kg or 1 handed with the 24kg. Someone at my gym has a Beast, I gave that a shot yesterday for 10x10 - holy mother of God that's a heavy piece of KB. I probably won't be revisiting the beast for another couple months.

It might be a little too early to say for sure, but I think I'm noticing cardio and grip improvements. I could almost swear my LSS work is feeling a lot easier....but a little too early to judge.

one last thing only:

is the de-load week built into the program?

I know you mentioned "planned de-load" but is it just like you did it? if so I would like to stick with it but I don't feel like I really need deloading.

Nah I just deload every 8th week or so. The 'light' 70% weeks are a bit of a deload themselves so they haven't been super necessary for me.

Been pretty bad keeping up with the logging..but the workouts are still on track.

Last night:
Muay thai - light circuit training warm up/pad work + partner drills/ ended with a little light round robin sparring

Today: going to hit the weights after work.

Day 2 - weights/light week (75%)

Squat 220
Deadlift 230
Bench 165

5 x 5

Still doing TB fighter template. I'll be retesting one rep max's after this week.

Yesterday:
Optional conditioning

100 skips
10 burpees
10 push-ups
10 air squats
x 10 rds

Today Day 5/ TB:
Squat 220
Deadlift 230
Bench 165

5 x 5

Dropped in for a muay thai class last night - gym's closed today of course.

Warm up with light circuit training/shadow boxing
partner drills with pads/ heavy focus on knees and elbows - my favorite!
Ended with a little light round robin sparring.

Tested my 1RMs this morning:

Before/After

Squat 295/ 335

Deadlift 310 / 355

Bench 225/ 240

Using Tactical Barbell / Fighter template. Twice a week of lifting alongside 3 days of Muay Thai.

I haven't been 100% consistent since my last test day in August, missed blocks of gym time because of work and other priorities. I'd say I had my shit together for the last 10 weeks, so realistically this is after 10 wks of consistent lifting/twice a week.

Day 1
Muay Thai - light circuit trg/kettlebell drills /pad work/heavy bag drills - emphasis on knees/kicks. No sparring today.

Muay Thai today last night:

warm up light/light circuit training
shadow boxing
and then immediately into the sparring.

Sparring sessions were a little more intense tonight, but still controlled and technique focused. Did a couple two on one drills which were killer.

Today: tactical barbell/strength session 90% week

Wk 4/ Optional Conditioning day (4)

300 kettlebell swings (two handed 24kg)
Doing these 2 handed is light intensity for me at this point.

After that, played with the beast (48kg) for a bit:

5 x 5 2-handed

I'm going to start focusing on the beast a little more. The after effects/training adaptation that occurs afterward is amazing.

Falling a little behind on logging, workouts still going strong and steady. Still hitting the Muay Thai 3 x week, and using Tactical Barbell Fighter template.

Today: Muay Thai - short class - main instructor had to check out early. Stayed afterward and did a little kettlebell work afterward. 10 x 10 kb snatches.

Weights today:

Squats 4 x 5 265lbs
Bench 4 x 5 190lbs
DL 4 x 5 285

(80%rm week)

Great workout. Last strength session of the week.

Did a little cardio/conditioning today:

10 burpees - sprint 100m - 10 pushups

Got a little tweak in my shoulder, most likely from over zealously playing around with kb snatches. Nothing serious, just going to take a couple days off.

Took some time off, shoulder was tweaking a little but feels back up to snuff. I'm going to start a new tactical barbell block, with a new cluster. I'll retest over the next couple days and obtain my starting max's.

Hey,

I just started the TB Gladiator block today after some inspiration from you and vrain's logs. Quick question. Do you there's any issue going for 10 reps for the 70 and 75% weights? I know I sound impatient already but I figured it wouldn't hurt and would add some hypertrophy.

Hey,

I just started the TB Gladiator block today after some inspiration from you and vrain's logs. Quick question. Do you there's any issue going for 10 reps for the 70 and 75% weights? I know I sound impatient already but I figured it wouldn't hurt and would add some hypertrophy.

Hmmmm...not sure. Gladiator's already pretty high volume isn't it? Maybe give it a shot and de-load for a week if things start getting too much. I can't see any issues but don't really know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back