Groves vs Smith

So Smith is now the WBSS SMW Champion, who'd of thought it.

So Smith is now the WBSS SMW Champion, who'd of thought it.
Really? I thought he was the Super Boxing Super Series Super WBA Super Middleweight champion.

Where did Eddie Hearn come from?

I havent heard a single thing, then all of a sudden he does a Don King and pops up behind the winner of this fight.....

Where did Eddie Hearn come from?

I havent heard a single thing, then all of a sudden he does a Don King and pops up behind the winner of this fight.....
He smells money.

Groves admitting that body shot dropped and hurt him

Now the obvious question: How would Canelo do against Smith?

lol
Khan in the studio

Now the obvious question: How would Canelo do against Smith?
Canelos head movement would cause him problems but Canelo would find it hard to counter him because Smith would have such a big reach advantage of 7.5"! Smith would be a lot bigger than Canelo. Before this fight I'd have said it would be a automatic Canelo victory but after this I'm not so certain. I think the smart money could go on Smith.

Canelos head movement would cause him problems but Canelo would find it hard to counter him because Smith would have such a big reach advantage of 7.5"! Smith would be a lot bigger than Canelo. Before this fight I'd have said it would be a automatic Canelo victory but after this I'm not so certain. I think the smart money could go on Smith.

I would have said Canelo by a boxing clinic previously as well. I might have changed my mind tonight.

How do you think the other mexican Ramirez fares against Callum?

I would have said Canelo by a boxing clinic previously as well. I might have changed my mind tonight.

I think Smith can beat Ramirez. That's a good fight. I'm still unsure of Smith, was this just his magic moment that he'll never repeat? He didn't impress me versus Holzken. One thing I did underrate was Smiths power. He had Groves hurt a few times in that fight.

I think Smith can beat Ramirez. That's a good fight. I'm still unsure of Smith, was this just his magic moment that he'll never repeat? He didn't impress me versus Holzken.

That's a fight I would love to see definitely.

He showed good killer instinct tonight. And some power. But it was kind of hard to look good against Holzken. Holzken had nothing to lose and is one tough mofo himself. His style is very similar to that of Smith.

And I was low key rooting for Groves tonight tbh. Smith is a bit too tight and basic. Not my favorite style.

That's a fight I would love to see definitely.

He showed good killer instinct tonight. And some power. But it was kind of hard to look good against Holzken. Holzken had nothing to lose and is one tough mofo himself. His style is very similar to that of Smith.

And I was low key rooting for Groves tonight tbh. Smith is a bit too tight and basic. Not my favorite style.

Yeah I was rooting for Groves as well. I just thought he was too good a boxer for Smith. But Smith did a great job of keeping him at arms length and countering him when he tried to cross into punching range. He boxed the perfect fight for his height and reach attributes. And the power surprised me, I didn't think he'd be able to trouble Groves like he did.

I think that fight is a ways off seeing as if Uzcategui wins this weekend he's most likely next after the Zurdo/Hart rematch, good fight nonetheless

This really boosts the stock of Holzken. Had 4 days to train for the best boxer in the world at his weight and gave him a good fight.

Back