Groves vs Eubank

Rider1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I got Groves on points.

Outboxes Chris for 8 rounds then Chris comes on stronger but Groves survives well.

Or Groves by KO1

I think Eubank stops him late. it'll be competitive though.

I think its this 60/40, with that being 40 and Groves UD being 60.

I'm still begging mentally for Groves Knockout 1

Yeah that’s what I’ve got.

Groves is a tough fight for Eubank as he’s got really good footwork, but Eubank is gonna make him work all fight. I see groves winning the early rounds but he’ll gas just like he did in the froch fights. Eubank has a great tank and solid chin, I don’t see groves stopping him but he could definately win on points

I’m well excited for this fight

Yeah that’s what I’ve got.

Groves is a tough fight for Eubank as he’s got really good footwork, but Eubank is gonna make him work all fight. I see groves winning the early rounds but he’ll gas just like he did in the froch fights. Eubank has a great tank and solid chin, I don’t see groves stopping him but he could definately win on points

I’m well excited for this fight
that's what Im thinking. Groves's gas tank and defense aren't great and he's becoming increasingly one handed IMO. I think Groves picks him apart for the first few rounds and then Eubank lays it on him with combos as the fight goes on and stops him late.

I think Eubank dominates this. Eubank may be a douche nozzle but he's a better fighter than Groves, I think.

Surprised to see Eubank as favourite from you guys here.

As bad as groves has looked recently - I think his level of opposition is far and beyond anything Eubank has ever fought. He's only got 2 notable fights imo - losing to BJS and beating an old Abraham.

If Eubank keeps that high volume work up I think he could grind a decision but I don't see it happening... maybe I just don't like the guy but I don't think he's all that.

Does the winner of this win the whole tournament? Seems like it but I'm not familiar with the other two.

I think Eubanks will fold sometime after the 7th. The dude went even up with BJS FFS.

I know that but I mean do people think the winner of this goes on to win the whole thing.

There is one more semi-final bout and then the winner of this bout will have to face the winner of that bout in order to win the whole thing.

(I couldn't help it)

There is one more semi-final bout and then the winner of this bout will have to face the winner of that bout in order to win the whole thing.

(I couldn't help it)
Tricked me for a second there lol.

I think Groves makes some mistakes at mid range. Both men have serious flaws. I think Groves has better ring generalship but he can get outworked or caught in spots. Tough fight to call. Plus Groves, if he isn't actually, sure seems like a choke artist in some big fights.

I would like to see Groves win, but Eubank might pull it off.

I think Eubank dominates this. Eubank may be a douche nozzle but he's a better fighter than Groves, I think.

Damn you.

As much as I want to disagree, I can’t.

Even the douche nozzle feels right.

I think Eubanks will fold sometime after the 7th. The dude went even up with BJS FFS.

I know someone who spars with him regularly, whos a CW. He won't gas, his got a great tank. I think he was too cautious in the 1st 6 rounds against BJS because hed never fought 12 rounds at that point. Hed beat him comfortably if they fought again (but I don't think BJS would take the fight)

What people don't know about him is his chin, and I've been told its absolutely solid, like his old man. That could well play a part in this fight

I know that but I mean do people think the winner of this goes on to win the whole thing.

before it started Id have favoured Callum Smith but he looked awful in hi quarter final. I think the winner of this fight will win now but Smith is a big SMW and technically very good?

before it started Id have favoured Callum Smith but he looked awful in hi quarter final. I think the winner of this fight will win now but Smith is a big SMW and technically very good?

Not starting or nuffink mate but I've never thought Smith was technically very good. He can't fight backing up at all, got out-jabbed by a much shorter fella in Skoglund & is just all-around basic, IMO: all one-twos. He reminds me of Kelly Pavlik, technically, no head movement or movement from the waist, flat-footed & stiff & all in straight lines.

But your mileage may vary, like...

Not starting or nuffink mate but I've never thought Smith was technically very good. He can't fight backing up at all, got out-jabbed by a much shorter fella in Skoglund & is just all-around basic, IMO: all one-twos. He reminds me of Kelly Pavlik, technically, no head movement or movement from the waist, flat-footed & stiff & all in straight lines.

But your mileage may vary, like...

Yeah fair points dude. I think I’ve definately over rated him in the past, possibly due to his standard of opposition, which isn’t as good as groves of Eubanks. Thought he looked awful against skoglund like you said! I’d pick the other 2 guys over him now. I think Eubanks going to win it

Back