Ground and pound is pretty much a thing of the past

Gotta check out Kyoji Horiguchi

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Still works on Worldstar when they don't apply the standup rule.

Escape game has risen dramtically since the widespread of grappling knowledge, not to mention sub-defense.

Kevin Lee is making me a fan as I've watched his last few fights. His ground game is pretty good and he isn't afraid to throw hands

Lol at Khabib's gnp ....Lee showed how you do Brutal ground and pound Khabib could'nt finish Barboza in 5 rounds but Lee in 2 rounds made Barboza look like Megan Olivi's bed sheets when it's that time of the month

There's so much backwards about this post that I don't know where to begin. I'll just assume sherdog did the work for me.

Well I was wrong on the rounds but I still stand by what I said Lee has better Gnp than Khabib, Khabib doesnt really finish people and Lee was rocked by barboza but was'nt finished so what do it matter.

4474018_o.gif

Meh. His grappling is smothering but his actual pound aspect of the ground and pound is not amazing. In my humble opinion.

It's very good, but you can argue that there are quite a few guys better at ground and pound than him. He's probably the best at mixing GNP with his bjj passing game, though.

This Thread needs more lil frankie Edgar in it

SaneAcrobaticAmericanbulldog-max-14mb.gif

It's very good, but you can argue that there are quite a few guys better at ground and pound than him. He's probably the best at mixing GNP with his bjj passing game, though.
Like I said his GNP reminds me of Diaz stand up. It seems more volume based and he lacks some power to go for finishes. Not that it matters, he, like Diaz with his boxing in his prime, can still drain the opponents will to fight with his style. I just don't think he's as unbeatable as a lot of people seem to make him out to be.

Remember back in the day, when a fighter got a full-mount it was usually very bad news to for the fighter on bottom, with an incoming brutal G&P?

Most of these fighters train in the same way now and everyone knows how to defend on the ground or when being mounted.

Needless to say, fights are a lot more boring these days and seemingly most of the time, you're pretty much just watching a grappling match. Also grappling seems to get fighters the win the majority of the time, which just pushes them to do it more...

You should watch Weidman vs Rockhold

Khabib vs anybody

Cain vs JDS or big foot

Stipe vs Overeem

On and on and on

Lol at Khabib's gnp ....Lee showed how you do Brutal ground and pound Khabib could'nt finish Barboza in 5 rounds but Lee in 2 rounds made Barboza look like Megan Olivi's bed sheets when it's that time of the month

Nobody is saying Khabib has brutal power in his hands.

Khabib is to gnp as the Diaz Bros are to MMA boxing. Khabib isn't going to beat you with power. He's going to damage by constant volume just like the Diaz Bros do with their boxing.

5 pages in and no Mike Jackson Vs Cm Punk?

What the fuck Sherdog?

This is the most violent G'n'P ever. Both arms locked up with Kahabib's legs. Raining down vicious elbows.

giphy.gif

What an odd comparison

“Most of the time you’re just watching a grappling match. Also grappling seems to get fighters the win the majority of the time, which just pushes them to do it more...”

I have to agree. For the judges, it seems to count more if one keeps a better position on the ground half the round (even if this position doesn’t allow him to cause any damage), than if he gets beaten standing up the other half if the round.

Come on, one was abble to defend the attacker while on the ground. The other one could not defend standing up. And the second wins?

It’s bullshit because of the implication that the second fighter doesn’t wanna be on the mat. The Ryan halls of the world prefer being on their back

Back