Ground and pound is pretty much a thing of the past

It's still very effective for guys who can hold position.

See Rockhold, Romero, Khabib....

Lol at Khabib's gnp ....Lee showed how you do Brutal ground and pound Khabib could'nt finish Barboza in 5 rounds but Lee in 2 rounds made Barboza look like Megan Olivi's bed sheets when it's that time of the month
Really, LOL at Khabib's GnP? Would you like to be in Barboza's shoes when Khabib was GnP him? I bet it would be your last LOL ever.

Lol at Khabib's gnp ....Lee showed how you do Brutal ground and pound Khabib could'nt finish Barboza in 5 rounds but Lee in 2 rounds made Barboza look like Megan Olivi's bed sheets when it's that time of the month
<{clintugh}>
Khabib v Barboza was a 3-rounder. Lee missed weight and finished Barboza 2 min and change into the 5th via doctor stoppage. And since you like metaphors, bloodied-up Barboza made Lee look like PVZ dancing with the stars while Khabib was never in danger.

<{clintugh}>
Khabib v Barboza was a 3-rounder. Lee missed weight and finished Barboza 2 min and change into the 5th. And since you like metaphors, bloodied-up Barboza made Lee look like PVZ dancing with the stars while Khabib was never in danger.
Well I was wrong on the rounds but I still stand by what I said Lee has better Gnp than Khabib, Khabib doesnt really finish people and Lee was rocked by barboza but was'nt finished so what do it matter.

That reminded me of CroCop's KO of Gonzaga in Poland. Insisting on elbows with maximum velocity when you are on opponent's guard seems a very good tactic.
FatalUnfinishedImperialeagle.gif

Really, LOL at Khabib's GnP? Would you like to be in Barboza's shoes when Khabib was GnP him? I bet it would be your last LOL ever.
Well I'm not a fighter so he can't beat me up ,don't get me wrong Khabib is an excellent grappler but his Gnp is ok he should go for subs (like the Mj fight that was a sweet finish) more but that's I guess not his style?.....

Full mount isn't the death sentence it once was but to say GnP is dead is so stupid it qualifies you to run the United States of Christian Bigots and Nazi Wannabes.

No amount of time or evolution can change The Mount

Mount will always be a most dominating position For guy on top

Rockhold has the most devastating GNP in mma. Problem is he isn't a wrestler.

Khabib had a three round fight with barboza and the fight with lee was stopped in the 5th via cut.

Well I'm not a fighter so he can't beat me up ,don't get me wrong Khabib is an excellent grappler but his Gnp is ok he should go for subs (like the Mj fight that was a sweet finish) more but that's I guess not his style?.....
Yes, he should go more for the finish. I agree. He also said after the Barboza fight that he didn't want to finish the fight and wanted to see how he feels after 3 rds. But saying LOL about his GnP is not smart. If you listen to other fighters talking about his GnP, they pretty much all agree that he has the most devastating one. Honestly, I can't wait for a fight between him and Lee.

Remember back in the day, when a fighter got a full-mount it was usually very bad news to for the fighter on bottom, with an incoming brutal G&P?

Most of these fighters train in the same way now and everyone knows how to defend on the ground or when being mounted.

Needless to say, fights are a lot more boring these days and seemingly most of the time, you're pretty much just watching a grappling match. Also grappling seems to get fighters the win the majority of the time, which just pushes them to do it more...

No.
At the last event, 2 fights finished with GnP.

This is number one BS

002_Khabib_Nurmagomedov.0.jpg

Lol I'd hardly call what Khabib does, Ground & Pound. That pitter patter shit is more akin to just that new style grappling.

Maybe a lot of you guys are new to the sport, but back in the day, Ground & Pound was being mounted and having bombs from hell raining on you. Most of the time, you'd be pretty much screwed when that started.

You rarely see that anymore.

Back