Grip it and riiiip it

Good luck healing bro..

06A0399.jpg

I wonder if we're all being leveled ala Barut and his training log on the other forum has him pulling 600, squatting 500, and weighing in at a healthy 240.

Training has been going well but muay thai is coming to an end in a couple days due to money and school.

Edit: Meant to post this in the other log but maybe I'll start lifting again.

Training has been going well but muay thai is coming to an end in a couple days due to money and school.

Increase your rates you charge serious athletes for advice and problem solved. You've been at $1-5 for a while now.

Bullshit.

I am sure you will take up Sumo Wrestling to be in line with your current fitness goals.

Foster got de-modded.

I joined Golds gym and may workout tomorrow to see where I'm at.

Soooooo I went to my first bjj class last night. It was fun and my hands are fried now. I have a little extra money now because I'm not taking as much school.

BJJ # 1
warm up jogging
kimura sit ups
partner leg raise/hip movement thing

worked on arm bar and triangle from guard
worked on spider guard and different ways to pass it. the main one we learned was to step back and break one grip with your knee, roll your hand to hold his calf and then jump over and put weight on his leg, control the head and then move knee into hip, move other leg to side control, then roll partner to his side a bit and you have the arm.

rolling
Obviously the guy took it easy on me and did spider guard so i could work the pass/submission. In noob like fashion, I moved from half guard to full guard on purpose. Another round, the guy just had me try and control him from guard and then try for a triangle. I ripped a huge chunk of skin that is just below my fingernail so my grip at the end was shit. I'll have to tape it up.

BJJ # 2
sprints, shrimping, bear crawls, sprints, kimura sit ups, weird hip leg rotation sit ups, 20 push ups

worked again on passing spider guard.
simple step back, bring arms in and get to the side.
sub: bring arm around neck to far lapel, use other hand to feed lapel if needed and get a tight grip, use free hand to grip top knee and fall back with knee in his side while you choke with your other hand.

Needed to focus on keeping knee in side and pushing to put real pressure on the sub.

worked same pass, if they turn into you and push with their arm, then flying armbar which I wasn't comfortable with.

rolling
rolled 2 rounds, rested 1, and rolled the last round. I got pwned but I was able to work the spider guard pass and get to side control. Rolled him up to his side but lost the arm bar because I wasn't as tight against the side. Needed to remember to keep grips at all times.

Sup guys. So far so good. I like that we build and build from a certain point and then drill and then have a chance to roll and try it out or other stuff.

Back