Greta Van Fleet - Young Zeppelin imitators, not bad at all.

Towelie by TKO

The Continental Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
These guys are really young and starting to get some radio play, their lead singer obviously grew up trying to emulate Robert Plant, he really nails that vocal style.

They might sound TOO derivative of Zepp, but they just released their first EP, so they've got plenty of time to grow as musicians and develop their own sound. Rush's debut album was pretty derivative and just one album later they became their own band.

As a guy who loves hard rock they are breath of fresh air. How often does a good rock band come around?

Recently discovered them plus Highly Suspect and Sturgill Simpson.

These guys take the Led Zep influence too far. Sort of a ripoff IMO.

These guys take the Led Zep influence too far. Sort of a ripoff IMO.
This is how I feel about them too. They definitely can play their instruments it is just they sound way too much like Zeppelin and that is a turn off for me.

This is how I feel about them too. They definitely can play their instruments it is just they sound way too much like Zeppelin and that is a turn off for me.
Its deliberate too, they even comp the drum sounds and everything.

This guy sounds exactly like plant. Too creepy for me

What I don't like is how in interviews they angrily deny even being influenced by Led Zeppelin. Sounds like a joke, but that's what makes me not want to even listen to them. I think they'd do a lot better if they just said "thanks" when people point out the obvious

I think they're pretty good. The first EP/etc. should be for establishing a base, so the Zeppelin clone stuff is alright. They need to start making more original sounding tunes, though.

The guy has a powerful voice, though. Apparently three out of the four members are brothers.

What I don't like is how in interviews they angrily deny even being influenced by Led Zeppelin. Sounds like a joke, but that's what makes me not want to even listen to them. I think they'd do a lot better if they just said "thanks" when people point out the obvious
Didn't know that.

I hate them now.

Not a fan of this generic Zeppelin.

Their first EP sounds great...I gonna wait till I make a judgment about them.
They are all between 18-21 so hating such young kids because they sound like Led is a little too much in my opinion.

There's like zero good rock music out right now so I'll take what I can get.

Poppy hip hop has influenced all my favorite genres so there aint shit for me to listen to anymore unless I wade through hundreds of underground songs to find one halfway decent one.

There are worse bands to imitate..

You guys are tripping these kids are badass.

Wait a few years and theyre gonna find themselves. These guys are teenagers. Lets all laugh at them for sounding like Led Zeppelin

Morons. As mentioned, you dont learn music over night. Any band of 20 year olds has tons of room to improve.

Wolf Mother does it better

Back