Gregor Gillespie vs. Jordan Rinaldi Set For UFC on FOX Charlotte

Gregor is 31 years old why is he fighting this bum?

At least we can be sure Gregor will get a chance to tell us about his fishing skills on the mic after he gets the finish.

At least we can be sure Gregor will get a chance to tell us about his fishing skills on the mic after he gets the finish.

UFC's struggling to put together the January cards. That's why they are all lacking fights still.

I see but Gregor just seems ready for the step up. This feels like Usman being given Meek.

True but there's like 5 of these guys at LW who can't seem to get a step up. Iaquinta, Mairbeck, and Trinaldo all have been waiting for a step up for years.

His last fight showed that he's vulnerable and still has ways to go when it comes to his striking. Particularly his defense. The Usman comparison isn't apt at this point, since none of the guys that Gregor has beat so far are anything to write home about, but I get what you're saying - Gregor has great skills and credentials.

Yeah, he'll be able to land that double leg on most guys, but he could also end up getting caught in something at this point, so I guess that's why they're giving him Rinaldi.

Rinaldi isn't really a bum, he's good enough everywhere and hard to put away, so it has the potential to be a good test for him.

Usman is getting shafted though.

His last fight showed that he's vulnerable and still has ways to go when it comes to his striking. Particularly his defense. The Usman comparison isn't apt at this point, since none of the guys that Gregor has beat so far are anything to write home about, but I get what you're saying - Gregor has great skills and credentials.

Yeah, he'll be able to land that double leg on most guys, but he could also end up getting caught in something at this point, so I guess that's why they're giving him Rinaldi.

Rinaldi isn't really a bum, he's good enough everywhere and hard to put away, so it has the potential to be a good test for him.

Usman is getting shafted though.

I don't think Gregor is a future champ or anything. But he is just too old to not be getting a step up is all I was thinking.

Last edited:
True but there's like 5 of these guys at LW who can't seem to get a step up. Iaquinta, Mairbeck, and Trinaldo all have been waiting for a step up for years.
Lightweight is so backlogged it's unreal. There's like 5-8 outside of the top 15 that deserve to get a top 15 matchup.

Lightweight is so backlogged it's unreal. There's like 5-8 outside of the top 15 that deserve to get a top 15 matchup.

Problem is all the top 10 want bigger matchups or high profile fights so these guys just can't get a name opponent.

Conor, Ferguson, Alvarez, Poirier, Khabib, and Barboza all are looking for big fights or a title shot.

The best hope is getting someone like Lee, Chiesa, Dariush, Gaethje, or Pettis because they aren't in winning streaks

Very nice guy in addition to being probably the best prospect at 155 in a very long time. Surprised he isn't getting a bigger fight. I liked the idea of Gillespie vs. Guida. He seems about at that stage where he should be fighting a veteran a bit outside the top 15, then getting into ranked competition.

Best? I'm not sure, but probably the most exciting.

<{MingNope}>{<jordan}

Just watched his latest fight. Lol at "best prospect "

You remind me of that punkass in the group that always acts up and everyone’s always roasting. Having another athletes nuts in your mouth go get a life turd.

You remind me of that punkass in the group that always acts up and everyone’s always roasting. Having another athletes nuts in your mouth go get a life turd.

Disagreeing to something doesn't equal acting up or roasting. But whatever

giphy.gif

Back