Greg Hardy's opponent weighs in on controversy: "I highly doubt UFC thought about Ostovich"

Why does matter even if its still fucked up either way.

If she cheated, he found out and fucked her up, still terrible, he still needs to go to jail.

But if the guy is one of the serial abusers who beats the shit out of his wife because dinner was overrdone or the carpet was messy, thats a league of its own. The two situations really arent comparable.

I'm not excusing the first scenario, but motive does matter and it should be the difference between a 1-2 or 5+ year sentence.

Or...the guy is the guy in the second scenario and she runs to someone else to feel some sense of what it's like to be with someone who isn't a maniac...

I don't get issue. Did Hardy do something to Ostovich? So many Tidy Clams nowadays.

Or...the guy is the guy in the second scenario and she runs to someone else to feel some sense of what it's like to be with someone who isn't a maniac...

If thats the case, yeah 5+ years.

Not defending what he did even if she slept around and it was the first time. Just saying theres a difference between a one time deal with provocation and a serial abuser. No one on Sherdog really knows the entire truth of the matter.

Everything will come out in trial if it goes that far and doesnt end in a plea deal.

A woman getting brutalized by a man isn't a victim? Fucks sake. Even if she cheated on him that gives him no right to put his hands on her.
Did you miss the part where he said violence isn't the answer?

Yes he was arrested and convicted...

It was expunged after he appealed and his ex failed to appear in court ,and then he and his ex reached a civil agreement out of court.

Basically he got caught (there are pics released of injury to his gf)then paid her off to keep this from going any further lol.

Hes guilty bruh fuck hardy

Ty. I actually never kept up so didnt know.

Oh well. His life his problems. I only care about him ko'ing fools or being ko'd. JUST BLEED

So this dude is getting KO'd in under a minute right?

Future Champ Greg "Beat a Bitch" Hardy

If thats the case, yeah 5+ years.

Not defending what he did even if she slept around and it was the first time. Just saying theres a difference between a one time deal with provocation and a serial abuser. No one on Sherdog really knows the entire truth of the matter.

Everything will come out in trial if it goes that far and doesnt end in a plea deal.

Yeah I'm not saying I know all the facts of the case, just that these things often have a lot of layers. "She cheated and he got irate" might be the first layer, but there could be all sorts of shit that led to the cheating.

Anyway, the bottom line is that as a guy you just don't physically assault a woman, period. I get what you are saying, that punishments may vary based on other factors. I don't disagree, but regardless you just can't put your hands on a woman.

If your fighting hardy why not just poke both eyes right out the gate and kick and stomp his balls until the ref pulls you off?

Fuck hardy and fuck the UFC for pushing this guy at all.

Hey UFC
Kareem Hunt just passed waivers and looks like hes got a good MT base with those wicked kicks....why not sign him ?

Fuck this circus

Did you even see the Kareem Hunt kick?

I've seen babies land harder shots.

WHO THE FUCK CARES THO LOL

It's not like he killed someone. Plenty of people have beaten people weaker than them, and hell, IRONICALLY, a lot of them are MMA fighters like Greg, who do it FOR A LIVING. Have you seen his 3 pro fights? can you even call them fights

i mean dude just get over it. if the feds and 5-0 aren't after him then we shouldn't be, either

You're pathetic, and so are the people that 'liked' your comment.

WHO THE FUCK CARES THO LOL

It's not like he killed someone. Plenty of people have beaten people weaker than them, and hell, IRONICALLY, a lot of them are MMA fighters like Greg, who do it FOR A LIVING. Have you seen his 3 pro fights? can you even call them fights

i mean dude just get over it. if the feds and 5-0 aren't after him then we shouldn't be, either
All Greg Hardy did was defend himself as far as I’m concerned

<DirkMavs>

The funny thing is, Allen Crowder is by far the most experienced and skilled HW Hardy's ever faced by quite a stretch. Crowder's also not very durable and his defense sucks. I can only pray this doesn't go beyond a round or we might see some Kimbo-level gassing from Hardy. We'll then have to put the white boy American NFL worshipers on suicide watch as their Great Mocha Hope turns out to be about as good as every other ex-football player at fighting beyond 3 minutes.

Crowder didn't look particularly good so i hope Hardy knocks his head off. Will create more buzz which is a good thing.

Ostovich is only on that card because she happens to be fighting Paige, who's the one they actually want on ESPN. Same way Hardy's opponent is only on it because of who he's fighting. She's lucky to be getting the opportunity to fight alongside people the UFC wants to promote and have the opportunity for such exposure herself, even if it's hopefully (from the UFC's perspective) as a sacrificial lamb.

At least Hardy's opponent understands the opportunity he's being given. Cause if someone needs to get booted for this fake outrage why should it be Hardy or Paige and not their opponents who are the ones who don't matter and aren't helping out the card? I'd love to see that happen and the SJW faces melt in fake outrage for their plan backfiring.

"Fake outrage"

Are you kidding me? Ostovich is a legitimate victim of a horrendous case of domestic violence, and elected to fight on to show women that you can be strong in the face of such trauma. The UFC throwing a proven woman-beater on the card to sell tickets in the face of that situation is actually gross and has nothing to do with "SJW bullshit".

tl;dr: Fuck you.

"Fake outrage"

Are you kidding me? Ostovich is a legitimate victim of a horrendous case of domestic violence, and elected to fight on to show women that you can be strong in the face of such trauma. The UFC throwing a proven woman-beater on the card to sell tickets in the face of that situation is actually gross and has nothing to do with "SJW bullshit".

But what if PVZ beats her to a pulp?

But what if PVZ beats her to a pulp?

A fight is a fight. Win or lose, its big [metaphorical] balls to keep your schedule after what she went through.

"Fake outrage"

Decency is the new self-righteousness.

Back