Greg Hardy is already a top 10 HW. Let’s put feelings aside and be real here

The current UFC HW division only has a few guys left that have any kind of ground game so him having no real grappling experience isn't even that big of a hindrance.

Brock Lesnar had a combat sports background and was successful in fighting
Yes and yet he failed because he did not have ALL the aspects.

He had the background in wrestling (a combat sport), he had athleticism, but he did not have the toughness. But he had two out of three.

I just don't buy the fact that NFL and NBA players could have success in fighting just based on their genetics. Fighting requires a lot more before it requires athleticism and the best athlete will get dominated by an unathletic nerd if the nerd has the technique and more importantly, the will to hone and then implement those techniques in a chaotic situation

Again you miss the point.

If you bullet point the aspects that make a great fighter the non A level guys do not have a monopoly on those aspects. And again why you think the lesser athletes have more of the aspects of success is the issue here.

Continuing to repeat that A level athletes are not a slam dunk success in MMA is pointless. Lesser athletes are not a slam dunk either. So the question is which group has more of the components to be successful.

Yes and yet he failed because he did not have ALL the aspects.

He had the background in wrestling (a combat sport), he had athleticism, but he did not have the toughness. But he had two out of three.

Again you miss the point.

If you bullet point the aspects that make a great fighter the non A level guys do not have a monopoly on those aspects. And again why you think the lesser athletes have more of the aspects of success is the issue here.

Continuing to repeat that A level athletes are not a slam dunk success in MMA is pointless. Lesser athletes are not a slam dunk either. So the question is which group has more of the components to be successful.
He failed??? Lol

I really don't believe that pro ball players are any more likely to be successful fighters than any other less athletic person walking the street. I'm not missing your point, I'm disagreeing with it.

The A level athlete thing is a meme, a joke.

Sure, if they have the toughness and the will and the technique and many other intangibles, a genetic freak is obviously going to be a dangerous fighter. But those other assets necessary to becoming a top level fighter aren't any more common in a pro ball player than they are in any other profession.

Shooting a basketball or running full speed into a runner in the NFL doesn't translate in any way to fighting technique. It's that simple. They'd beat a lot of similarly skilled fighters, but they wouldn't get far on their athleticism alone. It's just the way fighting is. It's not comparable to other sports and their athletes.
Again your critical constantly REPEATED ERROR is done here.

If you are not good at shooting a basketball or running in the NFL and cannot cut in those sports or any other that ALSO does not translate in any way to fighting technique. Because you keep repeating an A Level Athlete could fail in MMA (no guarantee) does not IN ANY WAY offset that those lesser athletes can and DO as well.

That you assume the lesser athletes as a group have some magical quality that the A level athletes do not is the mistake you cannot comprehend and get past.

Look how far Overeem got with a glass chin. Look how far Lesnar got despite not being 'ok getting hit to the face.' That's despite the fact that neither of those two are A-level athletes. American football players play through serious concussions all the time; most of them would be fine in MMA.
lol at lesnar not being an a-level athlete.

cool-cat-jpg.251073

If you are not good at shooting a basketball or running in the NFL and cannot cut in those sports or any other that ALSO does not translate in any way to fighting technique. Because you keep repeating an A Level Athlete could fail in MMA (no guarantee) does not IN ANY WAY offset that those lesser athletes can and DO as well.

That you assume the lesser athletes as a group have some magical quality that the A level athletes do not is the mistake you cannot comprehend and get past.

roy jones was a c-level athlete on a development league basketball team. and he was an a-level athlete in a ring.

He failed??? Lol

I really don't believe that pro ball players are any more likely to be successful fighters than any other less athletic person walking the street. I'm not missing your point, I'm disagreeing with it.

The A level athlete thing is a meme, a joke.

Sure, if they have the toughness and the will and the technique and many other intangibles, a genetic freak is obviously going to be a dangerous fighter. But those other assets necessary to becoming a top level fighter aren't any more common in a pro ball player than they are in any other profession.
Ya he failed ultimately to be what he wanted which was dominant champ in MMA. He proved that in a very short run with the right match up and before everyone knew his weakness that he could take that belt, and that was great. He got a little further than Brett Rogers and Ngannou did which was great.

But again this all misses the point. The point is not if every A level Athlete could cut in MMA and if they have all the aspects but rather why you think lesser athletes have those attributes and do not fail at greater numbers.

TS
you lost me at "morals and character aside"
I really dont care how successful hell be in MMA. Unless, he demonstrates some serious life changes, Ill never be a fan.

He just has a long history of doing the wrong thing. ALA, Jon Jones.

roy jones was a c-level athlete on a development league basketball team. and he was an a-level athlete in a ring.
Yes and Michael Jordan was A level in Basketball but not baseball.

Not all skills translate one to one which is why you can never say a specific person will cross over and be champ.

Matt Hughes had a much better career in MMA over guys who tried with far superior wrestling credentials and failed. There are no guarantees. But the more wrestlers and more BJJ guys that come in the more chance you will get guys with the RIGHT combination to be successful. Same for A level Athletes.

In terms of athleticism...mma is really lacking imo. MMA fans love to tell themselves not everyone can take a punch. Its bullshit. Just because other atlethes dont wanna do this amateur sport doesnt mean they camt. Wmma is even worse. Just watched the french open womens final and their level compared to wmma in terms of athleticism is laughable

That chubby shoe drinking goofball knocks him into next week lol

The guy has one fight

Why are you making beliefs up and attributing them to me? I'm not saying non athletes have a special quality... I'm saying there is no special quantifiable quality and thus high level athletes are not much, if any more likely to be successful fighters.

Last edited:
Let’s be honest, Greg Hardy would KO Tai Tuivasa next month if they fought. And Tai is supposed to be the best HW prospect in the ufc currently (Blaydes is already a legit contender).

Morals and character aside, Greg is a legit A-level athlete and might be the first legit A-level guy to enter the UFC in his physical prime. 29 years old. Plus he is training at ATT already.

Only guys who can give him trouble are Blaydes or Stipe with their elite wrestling . Maybe Ngannou..but remember Hardy comes from the NFL so he probably already has better cardio than Ngannou, plus a better supplement regimen.

UFC is desperate for PPV sales and people will tune in to hope to see Hardy get KTFO. They will fast track him to a title shot by helping him avoid elite wrestlers on the way up.

Greg Hardy will challenge for the UFC HW title before 2019 ends. Calling it now.
View attachment 393247

It's very possible.

And anybody who watches him fight, just to see him lose, is probably a bitch.

A-level athlete apologists are in denial of the fact that only a very small percentage of NFL players or athletes in other sports would have the mental requirements to be a cage fighter. Greg Hardy does not represent your average NFL player, he represents those very few who has the mentality to be ok getting hit to the face.

True, but there are more than you think.

Why are you making beliefs up and attributing them to me? I'm not saying non athletes have a special quality... I'm saying there is no special quantifiable quality and thus high level athletes are not much, if any more like to be successful fighters.
What you keep doing is pointing to what you say an A level athlete might lack (heart, toughness) and suggesting that is proof of your position.

what you ignore is that EVERYONE outside A level athletes who attempts MMA may lack the same and likely in greater percentages.

So if you are a math guy and understand how to apply logic you know you normalize for what is true in both and EXCLUDE that as a factor (x=x).

Your continued WRONG focus on that ONLY with regards to A level athletes is the great flaw in your position.

What you keep doing is pointing to what you say an A level athlete might lack (heart, toughness) and suggesting that is proof of your position.

what you ignore is that EVERYONE outside A level athletes who attempts MMA may lack the same and likely in greater percentages.

So if you are a math guy and understand how to apply logic you know you normalize for what is true in both and EXCLUDE that as a factor (x=x).

Your continued WRONG focus on that ONLY with regards to A level athletes is the great flaw in your position.
I'm not ignoring anything. What you're saying I'm ignoring is actually my point.

The simple fact, the only relevant fact, is that you need fighting skill to be highly successful in fighting. Ball players are no more likely to be able to cultivate and hone these skills than an accountant. That is my only point.

A-level athlete apologists are in denial of the fact that only a very small percentage of NFL players or athletes in other sports would have the mental requirements to be a cage fighter. Greg Hardy does not represent your average NFL player, he represents those very few who has the mentality to be ok getting hit to the face.

Based on what though ? He hasn’t been hit by anybody yet they have all ran away from him ?

Back