Greg Hardy is already a top 10 HW. Let’s put feelings aside and be real here

Njmma209

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Let’s be honest, Greg Hardy would KO Tai Tuivasa next month if they fought. And Tai is supposed to be the best HW prospect in the ufc currently (Blaydes is already a legit contender).

Morals and character aside, Greg is a legit A-level athlete and might be the first legit A-level guy to enter the UFC in his physical prime. 29 years old. Plus he is training at ATT already.

Only guys who can give him trouble are Blaydes or Stipe with their elite wrestling . Maybe Ngannou..but remember Hardy comes from the NFL so he probably already has better cardio than Ngannou, plus a better supplement regimen.

UFC is desperate for PPV sales and people will tune in to hope to see Hardy get KTFO. They will fast track him to a title shot by helping him avoid elite wrestlers on the way up.

Greg Hardy will challenge for the UFC HW title before 2019 ends. Calling it now.
306BF4C4-1E8A-4403-9ADD-90DEAC1CE889.jpeg

Last edited:
Bam bam takes his best shot and shows him what it's like to be hit back.

Absolutely. MMA hardcores are in denial if they really think that the best physical specimens for fighting are currently in the UFC. Keep in mind that Hardy ain't even the best guy for MMA; I think JJ Watt is physically superior to Hardy in every way.

Jon Jones has said something similar in the past about his older brother being able to destroy Cain Velasquez (who was champ back then) pretty easily, despite not having any MMA training.

In today's HW division you just need to be big and a little bit athletic to be a top contender. It's been the weakest division for years now

Bam bam takes his best shot and shows him what it's like to be hit back.
Hardy would make Tai consider taking his athletic career serious and dropping to 205lbs.

Hardy would have Tai drinking through a straw instead of a boot when he’s through with him.

Absolutely. MMA hardcores are in denial if they really think that the best physical specimens for fighting are currently in the UFC. Keep in mind that Hardy ain't even the best guy for MMA, I think JJ Watt is a bigger, stronger Hardy.

Jon Jones has said something similar in the past about his older brother being able to destroy Cain Velasquez pretty easily.

A-level athlete apologists are in denial of the fact that only a very small percentage of NFL players or athletes in other sports would have the mental requirements to be a cage fighter. Greg Hardy does not represent your average NFL player, he represents those very few who has the mentality to be ok getting hit to the face.

A-level athlete apologists are in denial of the fact that only a very small percentage of NFL players or athletes in other sports would have the mental requirements to be a cage fighter. Greg Hardy does not represent your average NFL player, he represents those very few who has the mentality to be ok getting hit to the face.
Look how far Overeem got with a glass chin. Look how far Lesnar got despite not being 'ok getting hit to the face.' That's despite the fact that neither of those two are A-level athletes. American football players play through serious concussions all the time; most of them would be fine in MMA.

He still needs work. Both fighters had holes in there defense. At HW he's going to get clipped.

He has the advantage of being in a shallow division. Curious to see how he develops.

Absolutely. MMA hardcores are in denial if they really think that the best physical specimens for fighting are currently in the UFC. Keep in mind that Hardy ain't even the best guy for MMA; I think JJ Watt is physically superior to Hardy in every way.

Jon Jones has said something similar in the past about his older brother being able to destroy Cain Velasquez (who was champ back then) pretty easily, despite not having any MMA training.

Yep Jon Jones is the best natural athlete the UFC has ever seen. Yet outside of MMA he isn't even the best athlete in his family.

The UFC heavyweight division still isn't much better than the days of Tank Abbott and that's just the reality of it. It pretty much a wasteland of guys who failed to cut it in their preferred sports so went into MMA as a last resort.

He had ONE fight against a nobody. Lets not get carried away here.

He hits hard but so does every HW.

I saw nothing in the fight that made me believe something special is coming. Nice KO though.

Lets just wait and see and for once not declare someone the future GOAT based on nothing.

Last edited:
No doubt... A-Level. But let's see him vs a top 100 opponent first.

Yep Jon Jones is the best natural athlete the UFC has ever seen. Yet outside of MMA he isn't even the best athlete in his family.
I'm a little skeptical about the 'natural' bit in regards to Jon Jones, but your other points are spot on.

TS is one of the worst thread starters of the modern era.

I'm a little skeptical about the 'natural' bit in regards to Jon Jones, but your other points are spot on.

I just meant in terms of his natural physical gifts and all round athleticism that he was born with, even if he was on the juice lol.

Yes, if he can beat Austen Lane then he can beat anyone in the UFC.

Look how far Overeem got with a glass chin. Look how far Lesnar got despite not being 'ok getting hit to the face.' That's despite the fact that neither of those two are A-level athletes. American football players play through serious concussions all the time; most of them would be fine in MMA.

Lesnar was fine getting hit to the face, relatively speaking. Almost every NFL player would look far more ridiculous than Lesnar while eating punches. Only people who have never trained and sparred fail to understand this.

Back