Greg Hardy already looking to jump ship to another A-Level sport

Gregg Hardy is another Brock Lesnar - put him in there with Cain or Reem and watch what happen.

Just athleticism and NFL type skills lends itself to mma more than boxing imo. He should just try this shit out here, there's a ton of terrible athletes at HW. Meathead and Schaub had decent careers getting into mma after the NFL and Hardy is a better athlete than them. Doesn't mean he has a better chin or skills at fighting but we don't really know yet.

True, my bad. Meant *D* level athetes like McGregor
I don’t care if you said F level, the comparison is still garbage. Mcgregor fought and got his ass kicked by a retired boxer in a gimmicky money grab sparring match that wasn’t even competitive. How is that proof that Greg Hardy can step in and compete with the elite HW’s of today? Sure, if I’m drawing up a blitz scheme, I want Greg Hardy. But he isn’t competing with the best boxers today. Not with so little training.

This is where we all pretend Greg Hardy has done something special because he stopped a couple of opponents of a much lower level than the random regional journeyman that a 43 year old Dave Batista dominated.

<TrumpWrong1>
Greg Hardy would KO half of the top 15 if he fought them next week.

UFC champ early 2020
That says more about the top 15 than Greg Hardy. Dude is an embarrassment to the sport and that takes a lot of fucking work.

I don’t care if you said F level, the comparison is still garbage. Mcgregor fought and got his ass kicked by a retired boxer in a gimmicky money grab sparring match that wasn’t even competitive. How is that proof that Greg Hardy can step in and compete with the elite HW’s of today? Sure, if I’m drawing up a blitz scheme, I want Greg Hardy. But he isn’t competing with the best boxers today. Not with so little training.
what you talkin about dude he said he retired but he's been boxing since 2015-16 "retired" then went on to fight a MMA fighter in a boxing match. Honestly Conor just didnt have the cardio or power to knock out floyd with those pillows on his hands you people like to call "gloves" because Floyd is a great athlete with godlike Cardio who stood toe to toe with De La Hoya, Pacman, and Canelo. Maybe Hardy would follow the same fate but as you can see its a bareknuckle match. One punch and I bet someone is going to sleep. 4 oz gloves and a mfer is going to SLEEP

I hope your joking. If not, your fucking retarded.
You sound like a manlet. Bro, just face the facts - people of height are your betters.

A-Level HW athlete destroys the Z level athlete the UFC has at HW.

An athlete of his caliber stuck fighting d level athletes in a niche pseudo sport.

Can’t really blame him

Uhh you know C level manlets like Conor McGregor have competed in boxing right? Pretty sure an A- level athlete like Hardy will be just fine.

Yeah and McGregor got carried for 8 rounds then in the last two literally got the snot beaten out of him

Greg Hardy can compete at a high level in MMA, he wouldn't even get close to high level in boxing.

That's what you'd think but you'd be wrong. Football techniques are chronically underrated in MMA.

Take a look, for example at NDomakong Suh sacking Jake Cutler

suhkilled.gif

Here's A-level athlete Drew Brees getting wrecked by some D-lineman

drew-brees.gif

Notice blue-chip prospect Zabot Magomedsharipov copying these techniques in his fights

But top MMA fighters copying NFLers isnt just limited to grappling. Take a look at Suh demonstrating an elite capoeira kick game

schaubnut.gif

Here's a famous mma fighter with a poor attempt to copy this technique

Yair-roll-kick-gif.gif

Top mma fighters have already recognized the elite athleticism and technique of NFL players and have implemented some rudimentary form of their technique.

Hw is soooo bad right now.. He should see if he could Houston Alexander his way to a big fight or two.

Brock is 40, almost died from diverticulitis, and has a beat down body.. He could be Houston Alexander is for real'd.

Yeah and McGregor got carried for 8 rounds then in the last two literally got the snot beaten out of him

Greg Hardy can compete at a high level in MMA, he wouldn't even get close to high level in boxing.
Uhhhh, you're full of crap. There are 20-2 guys in boxing that get big fights that haven't fought ANYBODY. In mma, he could get a level fight based on who he is. It would just take a little longer to build him up in boxing the way they do it.

Rahman started boxing at like 23 years old lol. You know what you could never have? Somebody who started wrestling at 23 beat the world champ. NEVER.

According to the metrics of the NFL combine Hardy is less athletic than Brock and doesn't have the wrestling background so is less skilled, plus he's a womanbeater, I don't think the UFC is missing out that much.

zfG8oau.png

I feel obliged to say whenever I see this that Brock Lesnar was never, ever in the NFL Combine. Not even once. Trust me, I've checked the website for the years 2003-2008 and there was never a Brock Lesnar there. Whether or not Lesnar is a better athlete, and he absolutely is, you can not use these supposed Combine stats for anything in supporting Lesnar's cause because they are literally just pulled out of thin air.

Also, Hardy is an incredibly stiff, awkward fighter who will never crack the Top 10 unless he's spoon fed solid style matchups/guys that suck. We're talking the Ruan Potts/Anthony Hamilton-level of UFC fighters. It's a shallow division, but the guys at the top can actually fight, unlike Hardy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back