Green Hill Boxing Gloves - Gym Review

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Reviews' started by Kripto, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Kripto

Kripto Purple Belt

[​IMG]

First I would like to say these gloves have held up for almost 3 years and started breaking apart a few months back.

Quality: The quality of these gloves are amazing even after almost 3 years the stitching and paint are still fully intact and i've used these gloves on a daily basis for pad work/sparring/bag work you name it, they are a great glove. The foam in the glove is great aswell as the interior of the glove. Although after years of use the interior had become to rip and some stuffing came out.

Quality: 9-10/10

Wrist Support: Hm what can I say the wrist support is decent, they are a short cuffed glove and you wouldn't have a problem if you wrapped your hands. Although the wrist support could use some tweaking.

Wrist Support: 7/10

Comfort/Fit: The glove felt great from what I could remember took a few weeks to break in, but once the broke in they felt great. They are suitable for any sized hands they were personally a bit big for me because I have decently small hands but putting handwraps helped out and made it close to a perfect fit. It's cooling system is decent it does get smelly after a while in the glove, but eh suck it up.

Comfort:8-9/10

Overall this glove was great has a nice amount of colours to choose from, amazing durability and only had to replace them after a few years. They were definatley worth the buy. So if you're looking for a glove to last a long time and an overall training glove..these are right for you.

2. KnockUOut

KnockUOut Black Belt

i use Green Hill's for Muay Thai also and found them to be very good qulaity. Comfortable also/.

3. Ninjutsu Master

Ninjutsu Master Purple Belt

How about a rview of the Top Ten gloves? Since you seem to be the only person that's used them.

4. igaboj

igaboj White Belt

Where can we get this gloves in the US??

5. Ninjutsu Master

Ninjutsu Master Purple Belt

Green Hill isn't sold in America. You'd have to have them imported from Canada.

6. PhenomKidd

PhenomKidd Blue Belt

7. Julia Rodriguez

Julia Rodriguez White Belt

I really like the products of Green Hill Brand. I personally recommend my boxing and judo students to use the Green Hill Products. For you ease here I am sharing with the official site of the Green Hill Sport that is http://www.greenhillsport.de. You can use this site to buy products.

8. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

Very cool to read reviews not commonly on here!! Excellent! Thank you for posting this:)

9. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

Green Hill are definitely a workhorse type of glove. Wrist support is as poor as you could guess just from looking at a photo and seeing how little padding there is around the cuff, but they're usually well constructed IMF gloves.

Thanks for the review!

10. MEGAhorse

MEGAhorse Purple Belt

I don't recommend top ten. I had 4 or 5 pairs, had to return most, now I'm down to one 16oz pair and one 10 oz pair. The 10oz weighed in at 8.4 and 8.5 for left and right glove. My 16oz that I kept , I believe, off the top of my head are in the 15.5oz area. My other 16oz gloves were around 14.5-15.9 - all mismatched to the point where I couldn't even put a left glove from one pair and pair it up with a right glove from another pair.

Wait, it gets better. I thought I'd call the guy who helped me with the purchase and let him know what was going on. I was being genuine, calm in tone, and very respectful. The guy basically disregarded what I said completely saying that the gloves are weighed out perfectly at the factory. I told him that maybe the factories scales were off or there was something wrong with the pairing of the gloves (still doesn't justify two 14oz gloves being sold as 16oz). He got very argumentative from that point and alluded to the fact that my scale was probably off. Nonsense, my scale is new and other gloves have weighed consistently even.

Craftsmenship - sub par, loose threads, uneven lines. Makes Hayabusa look like a dream pair.
    Wrist support - nonexistent.
    Customer service - horrible, but I managed a return
    Padding - out of this world awesome. The best IMF on the market.

11. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

Good analysis of Top Tens there, megahorse!

12. Taskmaster99

Taskmaster99 Brown Belt

So awesome padding and shitty everything else? lol. I'll stay away from them.

13. MEGAhorse

MEGAhorse Purple Belt

Thanks minowa. I really try not to bash while being honest. I really don't know how could've said that summary any more politely than I did.

14. MEGAhorse

MEGAhorse Purple Belt

Criminally underrated bayfill padding. Everything else...well I don't have an explanation. My theory however is that Bayer charges a ton for bayflex and what not, so top ten needs to keep the rest of their costs low. Look at how expensive the bay fill gloves are now, imagine if they had to up their costs even more? Idk, mind boggling.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  15. Minowafanatic

Minowafanatic Black Belt

padding determines performance

better protection for the knuckles than any other IMF glove

16. shihtzu

shihtzu Purple Belt

No. Well, yes and no. It is just a piece of foam, it doesn't cost a lot (but more than an average local Sialkot cheap crappy IMF of course), however the point is elsewhere. Top Ten wholesale price is VERY low, yet the gloves are made with a genuine cowhide hence they save on the craftsmanship which is their main problem.

Beside this, bayfill is used in gloves, bayflex in headgears.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. MEGAhorse

MEGAhorse Purple Belt

F*cking lol! Epic win shihtzu

18. CapChino

CapChino White Belt

Is Greenhill still a good brand?

19. brucelee

brucelee The King of Nunchaku Platinum Member

A few guys in my gym use Greenhill and they hold up very well ... the gloves I mean. The important thing is to pick the models of their 'Tiger' product line. Tiger is good, the other ones not so. Three years of durability for the Tiger models can easily be expected.

CapChino likes this.