greco takedowns

flikerstance

floridaman
Banned
Reaction score
i feel grecos the least used part in mma most guys dont know what to do when they to to over under most just shoot for singles doubles im trying to find good greco takedowns from over under double unders ect any good instructionals you know of?

i feel grecos the least used part in mma most guys dont know what to do when they to to over under most just shoot for singles doubles im trying to find good greco takedowns from over under double unders ect any good instructionals you know of?

Check out Dennis Hall's "Over Under Position: Getting to your throw" Very good instructional.

do you know where it is online to watch? looked on youtube only found a few clips

I WANa get better at over under double under takedowns I have great shots but I need to develope my suplexes and body lock takedowns for mma

I WANa get better at over under double under takedowns I have great shots but I need to develope my suplexes and body lock takedowns for mma

If you're interested in MMA I would suggest also looking into some Judo. Not so much the big hip throws, but a lot of the foot sweeps and reaps work extremely well from clinch positions in MMA and are pretty low risk. They also generally don't require quite as much control to pull off as some of the GR throws.

Relson is getting Rickson to get me on a rizin cars this year in Japan I WANa work more Greco due to the ring he's flying me into Hawaii n may t train with his top black belts so I need to get some good over under material and learn how to do a back arch

There's only 3 takedowns in judo I like I'm not a fan of it vs wrestling especially against top tier comp

Check out John Trenge's "Clinch Domination" Fantastic DVD package,

I would recommend the USAW core curriculum because its easy, its mapped out, and I am in a bunch of the videos.
http://www.teamusa.org/usa-wrestling/coaches/core-curriculum

Thanks for posting this one, the USA syllabus vids of the 90s are my favorite wrestling instructionals (esp the Bruce Burnett one) so always interested to see the updates. & now they're even free!

I was digging through some old threads and came to one where you were recommending a Khabelov seminar tape to someone, any idea where to look for that? It doesn't seem to be on the 'net that I can find. Unless it's hiding on some Russian/Georgian website with an obscure title...

There's only 3 takedowns in judo I like I'm not a fan of it vs wrestling especially against top tier comp

Judo for MMA is very different than Judo for Judo's sake. The reason I like to incorporate it (other than that I'm a lot better at Judo than wrestling) is that Greco rule prohibit attacking with the legs, and many of the most efficient clinch takedowns involve tripping or sweeping your opponent. Call them freestyle throws if you want, it doesn't matter, but if you're working on clinching for MMA inside and outside trips (ouchi gari and kosoto gake in Judo terminology) and ankle blocks (sasae tsuri komi ashi) are really, really good moves to have in your game. By far the most commonly hit clinch TD in MMA is the outside trip, you really should learn that whether you learn it from a wrestler or a Judoka. I would however advise getting your clinch handfighting and positioning stuff from Greco guys though, Judo doesn't have anything useful to say about how to best clinch up without the gi.

Relson is getting Rickson to get me on a rizin cars this year in Japan I WANa work more Greco due to the ring he's flying me into Hawaii n may t train with his top black belts so I need to get some good over under material and learn how to do a back arch
Dude.. the Coaches Syllabus for Greco Roman I posted literally teaches how to back arch and everything else you want.. have you even looked at what people have posted

Sure have I appreciate it it's hard to do with the guys I work with now have all heavy weights lol 6 3

Back