Greatest Song Ever Produced

BADodd06

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
What are peoples perspectives on the greatest single song ever made/sung? Of course everyone is biased in their own way but I'm curious to see others and even be introduced to some greats that I may have never heard before. Mine is:
After 7-Sara Smile (R&B)

Last edited:
Beethoven's 5th

Maybe the 9th, it's close.

Cardi B - Bodak Yellow

I'm legit curious what aspect of production OP considers GOAT qualities

Like the backing track? There's no way you appreciate sound mixing, nobody appreciates sound mixing

Depeche Mode - Enjoy The Silence

Paranoid Android by Radiohead

Led Zeppelin's Immigrant Song because of the relentless badass awesomeness of the main riff, and also because of the "AH-AAAAAAAAAA-AH!" bits.

tumblr_maodma7pvr1qcbojfo2_250.gif

Last edited:
I'm legit curious what aspect of production OP considers GOAT qualities

Like the backing track? There's no way you appreciate sound mixing, nobody appreciates sound mixing

I'm not ashamed to say I know absolutely nothing about sound mixing. For me its a few things that are strictly individual to me.
1. The way a song actually influences my emotional state and makes me conform to the feelings that are being expressed
2. The power and skill of the vocals. I love powerful and projective singing voices
3. Instrumentals and melody that match the rise and fall of the vocals perfectly in a way that compliments the emotional influence without overpowering the actual song
4. A good short soulful instrument solo in the later-middle of the song is always a bonus (Like in Freddie Jackson-Love Me Down)

I'm a young R&B guy that gets told I have an old soul and I'm also a clinical psychologist so I'm sure that strongly influences what I look for. What are your GOAT qualities?

I'm not ashamed to say I know absolutely nothing about sound mixing. For me its a few things that are strictly individual to me.
1. The way a song actually influences my emotional state and makes me conform to the feelings that are being expressed
2. The power and skill of the vocals. I love powerful and projective singing voices
3. Instrumentals and melody that match the rise and fall of the vocals perfectly in a way that compliments the emotional influence without overpowering the actual song
4. A good short soulful instrument solo in the later-middle of the song is always a bonus (Like in Freddie Jackson-Love Me Down)

I'm a young R&B guy that gets told I have an old soul and I'm also a clinical psychologist so I'm sure that strongly influences what I look for. What are your GOAT qualities?

Oh okay so you refer to production in a general "greatest ever made" context

At the least, this thread could get very interesting if the "greatests" are within genre...

<{jackyeah}>

If not Bohemian Rhapsody...............

I have heard return of the Mac so many times and never even seen the video until now. I have so many questions now.
Did he fly in on a Concord?
Was his steering column on the right side of the car?
Has that dude been British the whole time and I just never knew? Because that song just feels incredibly American R&B. I need these answered.

Also, the chick in that video was so fucking hot, he probably should have just taken her back herpes and all.

At the least, this thread could get very interesting if the "greatests" are within genre...

<{jackyeah}>

Figured I'd leave it open for people's true favorites. I'm completely out of the loop of anything in the Rock, Metal, Country, current Pop realms so maybe some introductions will be made

<{jackyeah}>
Yeah, when he said "produced" I figured he meant production, mixing, quality, etc.

Bohemian Rhapsody is a masterpiece as far as studio produced rock music goes.

While I'm here, let's throw in A Day in the Life by the Beatles. It made Brian Wilson of the Beach Boys break down and cry, and pretty much ruined him for years to come.

Back